“Disapointed Guest” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Disapointed Guest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We just got back from a family vacation to Crown Paradise Club, we where very disappointed with the facility. Nothing what I expected and read on the net. The rooms where not very clean and not ready for us when we The food was terrible, every meal we had at the buffet, the drinks where terrible. The pool was very small and crowed. The kids pool was fun for the kids but the water was cold and they allow big kids in with the smaller kids which can get dangerous, one kid about the age of 12 slid into my three year old and an other kid about the same age injured another girl about the age of 5. The life guards only concern was their water fountains. On our last night stay we had no water to shower with, I over heard the staff complain about not having water a couple of times. DO NOT STAY HERE IT SUCKED!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Juan O:

We really appreciate you share your experience with us. Your opinion is very important for us and we will take right action to improve our quality and service.

We would like to invite you to give us a second chance to show you our real quality and service, the ones make our guests comeback every year to our hotel.

Again, thanks for helping us to know our areas to improve sharing your comments.

Maricruz Montes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, but if they improve the spotty water pressure, hot elevators, and wifi. They'd be a great hotel. Staff was excellent, bartenders were excellent. More of a couple resort, but singles will still have a good time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear demetrius40:

Thanks for your comments. To know about your experience in our hotel help us to improve our service and have a better quality of service.

We invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can know about our news and promos.

We wait for you to host you again in your home away from home.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We spent two weeks at this resort and loved it! I have read all the negative reviews before we left and I got pretty worried, but we were very pleasantly surprised! Our room was comfortable and very clean. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, they all spoke English and went out of their way to help. Only one bartender ignored my son when he was trying to order his favourite drink from the awesome kids drink menu, but i quickly fixed that! The food in the restaurants was delicious 85% of the time - especially the French and Japanese. Not once did we have any issues in booking the restaurants! The room service was very handy. The main buffet restaurant was good also, I always found something I enjoyed even after two weeks. The water park, pools and the beach were fantastic, our two boys (4&6) never wanted to leave. The kids club was so convenient, our boys got to do lot of art, play games and contests and even dress up as chefs and go to the Japanese restaurant to learn how to make sushi, cookies and other things. We even used the kids club in the evening because our boys preferred to go play there instead of going to one of the restaurants with us. The evening shows and entertainment was well done. The resort was comfortable and a lot of fun. It is very popular with the locals and the vendors on the beach can be little annoying after two weeks but never pushy.
Overall we had a fantastic vacation and I would recommend this hotel, especially to a family with children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katerina M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel. Is very rewarding when we know that our guests enjoyed their time with us. Our main goal is create lasting memories and make families happy.

I would like to invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can know about our promos.

Again thank you for letting us know your good time here. We will be glad to welcome you again in this your home away from home.

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed as part of an Air Canada vacations package where we knew this was rated as a three and a half star property and selected this place for the family rooms and kids waterpark. I firstly believe Air Canada Vacations need to evaluate their rating system as their rep at the hotel was not at all surprised by our issues and completely understood, obviously people leaving the hotel for different accommodations is not uncommon.

Upon check in we were given our family room which overlooked the parking lot and had a balcony about 2 feet by 2 feet. Room was small for a family room but did have the two bunk beds and king size bed with two TV's. They provide you with your TV remote at the front desk at check in. The TV in the kids area would only work on one channel as he buttons had been pushed out of it so one channel and one volume level. Room also smelled badly and was dirty by our standards.

Next day we were accommodated in a pool view room with two double beds. This room wasn't much better as it was still dirty, had electrical sockets hanging out of the walls. (Not too bad for us with kids 6 and 9 but would be problematic with younger kids and unacceptable regardless)
Lots do bugs in the room, especially the bathroom and no hot water for the to days we stayed in this new room before switching hotels.

The waterpark was okay, but definitely geared toward younger kids, I would say our 9 year old would be on the upper of age bracket for enjoyment. Main pool was small but nice and we enjoyed a water volleyball game our first day.

Found the restaurants to be completely lacking. Agree with other posters that cut up hot dogs shouldn't be atthe adult buffet, regardless of what you try and hide them in ( scramble eggs, potatoes, onion and peppers, etc)

The Italian and Japanese restaurants were completely lacking in our opinion. Poor quality ingredients and poor preparation. Bar service was fine, coldest beer at the beach bar, they need to clean their glasses properly, if staying here, I would recommend you bring your own.

We moved to the Marriott after three nights and this seemed to be a regular occurrence of people leaving early. I wouldn't recommend this place and definitely won't be back. I will post pictures and videos once I have a chance.

Definitely not a 3.5 star, more like a 1 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stinger55:

First of all, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are really sorry for not being the hotel you expected to be. We are committed to providing a great service to make our guests enjoy their stay.

Your comments were shared with the GM and we will take care about this for our future guests and improve ourselves everyday.

I would like to invite you to consider comeback to our hotel and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Muscatine, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We take a family vacation every March during spring break. We take our 3 kids ages 16, 10 and 7 and go somewhere different every year. This was by far the worst place we have ever stayed over the years.
Terrible customer service. Almost nobody spoke English so they couldn't tell what you needed! The drinks were kid sized cups! The buffets were such nasty food I can't even tell what it was??? Every one in our family was sick atleast once after eating. It was the same food every day at breakfast/lunch/dinner. We took a taxi and left and ate outside it was so bad. At lunch it was greasy fried stuff and they ladies did not speak English. The birds would swoop down outside and snatch your food if you were eating outside! Bacon was a BIG deal to try to get in the mornings. You had to try to ask someone and they would look all confused and then magically pull a tray out from underneath with bacon! Weird! Anyway, that food was absolutely the WORST food we have ever had an an all inclusive resort. We definately did not gain any weight! We tried to make reservations in the couple of the restraunts but they only take them during certain hours and won't let you walk in!! Finally got a reservation at one and went to it at 6:00pm and they didn't have our name so we were turned away! We were extremely mad and no one cared what so ever! TERRIBLE customer service there! When we got off the plane we headed staight to McDonalds.......then for the next week we make many good home cooked meals and gained back some weight!
Our room was small and the beds were hard. My 3 girls had to share a double bed. They told us we could have a cot for $20 a night. That would end up be $140 on our bill (nice service there) so we ended up going to Walmart and buying a single size air mattress for $15 so it was more comfortable for them. We found little ants every evening in our bathroom by the sink too!
There was not much kids activities there. Once again they hardly spoke English. My girls did the cookie making and had some fun. We went to go pick them up afterwards and they were gone already heading up to our room! They let them go without us coming to pick them up!!!! Not much supervision!
There were NO hot tubs for the kids. There was an adult only pool that was like a hot tub but the kids couldn't get in. They were disappointed there was not a hot tub. There was nothing to do in the evenings! No entertainment at night. We just sat at the beach and was bored or took a taxi and went down town and shopped. Other places we have stayed always had entertainment in the evenings.....
During the day the vendors would walk up and down the beach constantly trying to sell you something.
They had everything from braclets/dresses/hammocks/shirts/woman braiding hair.....if you even looked at them they were right there bugging you. It was terrible. You couldn't even relax at the beach. Then if you didn't buy it they were rude. FYI do not let your little girls get their hair braided by the ladies. They WILL GET LICE. Believe me we know............

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear 05family:

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry that we couldn't fill your expectations. Your opinion is very important to us, this way we can improve and provide a better service for you.

I want you to let you know that your experience was shared with the MG. Thanks again for your comments.

We would like you to give us a second chance to show you the true quality of our service.

La Ronge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We just returned from the Crown Paradise on April 15th. We all felt it was good value for our money. We are well traveled and have stayed in worse places and stayed in better places. But we paid a lot extra for the larger, better resorts. I was just reading a review from about the same time we were there and you would think we were in different resorts.
We started out in a regular room but the double beds were too small for our family. So we moved into a family room with the bunk beds. I was worried but the front desk offered to show me the room before we moved over and made sure I knew before I went up that it faced the street. I toured the room, tried the beds and moved us over a few hours later. The bunk beds were great for the kids. They are a little hard (I slept in one due to kids nightmares) and I will admit I was sore in the morning. But the kids said it didn't bother them. The room was not smelly other then the faint wet & moldy smell you find in every resort close to the ocean. They can't help that and it was not offensive in either rooms.
Christian, Juan and Lious were great bartenders and always gave us everything we asked for. Also the grocery store was less then 5 minutes walk so we just bought snacks, water, and wine for the room. I requested a fridge and had one in both rooms. You can even e-mail the hotel in advance to request your room type, location and request a fridge. Bottom line was the kids loved the hotel, and we thought it was fine. We had no issues. Also the glasses are cleaned so well that I could taste the bleach they used. Must be hard on their hands to do that all day. Take your own glasses and make it easier for them. Also you could request disposable glasses anytime. I will admit that lunch and supper in the main restaurant were not that great, but we were close enough to town to eat anyplace we wanted. It cost us a bit more, but we actually saw more of the city that way and met some great people in the places we ate. Go to Bubba Gumps and Pipi's for sure! They were great. Also try the dolphin swim. It was incredible for both the adults and the kids. We enjoyed it there and would return for the price we paid. You get what you pay for folks and the people at this resort work hard and were lots of fun to be around. Enjoy your trip and don't worry about the little stuff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear tamwatt:

I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is very rewarding when our guests enjoy their stay in our hotel. Our commitment is to create lasting memories.

I would like to invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can know about our promos and the new activities.

We will more than happy to welcome you and your family again in this your home away from home.

edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The last two years I stayed at the hacienda hotel and loved the way were treated and never got sick.this year we thought we would try a five star hotel.we thought we would get more .instead we lost the one special thing we all want.that would be the personal touch and that we were not just another number.you know what I meen they call you by name and want to talk to you.what really surprised me at this hotel was they were careless over dishes they rinsed glasses and didn'twash them.wipped off plates and put them back on the racks to be used. Both my wife and myself got sick. And met other people their that had problems.they even charged for wifi that even didn't work. What disappointed even more was their ability to easily to tell you no when you ask for anything.as a custumer I know you have to pay if you ask for extra. They just couldn't be bothered.what surprised me even more is they won an award with you guys.please find somewhere else to stay and have a great holiday.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel