After reading the many varied reviews of this resort, I was a little apprehensive, but I have to say I thought it was great. Many of the fears I had turned out not be the slightest bit true. Was it perfect and high luxury?? No, but that's not what I expected.
The staff were excellent. All were friendly and helpful. I think it's important to remember that in Mexico you need to tip in order to keep the service good. As long as you throw a buck or so at the person who serves you a drink or waits on your table, you won't have any issues. The bartenders were very generous with their drinks, and in fact they had a great selection of kids "mocktails".
The beach, palapas, and loungers were all in good condition, clean, and in good supply. There are a lot of beach vendors but... well... you're in Mexico. They were all respectful if you said "no thanks", and were friendly and helpful if you were interested in anything. If you want a good deal on a day-trip, I'd recommend "Marco Polo"... He's got the best deals in town!
Our room (standard) was great. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I think I've ever slept in (and we were there for 2 weeks)!! Housekeeping did a great job cleaning every day. In fact, the entire resort was extremely clean. The AC worked great, the bathroom was huge, and the shower was excellent.
The food at the buffet restaurant was very good, with quite a wide variety of items. Some could be made to order, such as omelettes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, grilled sandwiches and tacos for lunch, and various dinner items for dinner. The a la Carte restaurants were good too... particularly the Italian and French ones. I wasn't as keen on the Japanese one. There were also the snack bar, hamburger stand, hot dog stand, and sometimes a taco stand set up around the beach or pools for snacks throughout the day. My kids loved the fact that there was non-stop ice cream cones at the snack bar! There was certainly no shortage of food they were eager to serve you.
There were many activities available to do throughout the day and evening. Some were organized, with a recreation leader (like water polo, yoga and aerobics), and others were just available to do whenever you wanted (beach volleyball, ping-pong, shuffleboard, tennis). Every evening there were kids activities organized too, like some kind of show.
My complaints are few and all fairly minor. I wish wifi was included free, rather than costing $10-$20 per day depending on how many days you buy at once. The wifi, once purchased, was excellent though. Fast and strong. Accessible all over the resort... even on the beach! The booking process for the a la Carte restaurants is a little silly, and they totally under-book, but I understand that's a common thing in All-Inclusives. Last, we were there for New Years, and the organization around that was a complete gong-show. I won't get into the details, but the party itself was amazing, and the firework show put some Canada Day ceremonies I've attended to shame, but the organization definitely needed some work!
If you're considering this resort and you've got kids in the 4-12 years range, it's a great one. If you don't have kids, or they're much older, many of the features and activities in this resort probably won't appeal to you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Otel, Booking.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro