We recently got home from a trip to Puerto Vallarta. I was a little nervous since the reviews for this resort are very mixed. If you are not expecting high class accomodations and food, you'll be fine. Our room was clean, no one got sick, the grounds are clean and pretty, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The resort was not very busy when we were there and the energy level seemed a bit low compared to the last resort we stayed at; the staff had trouble finding people to participate in their games and activities, the music was often quiet and calm, kids club was empty, etc. The buffet has plenty of food, though it's not fabulous. The Japanese restaurant was good, the beach snack bar had good burgers and some other snacks, and I enjoyed the drinks I ordered. The beach does not have white sand but it is quite nice. I had my young kids there so relaxing on the beach wasn't really happening anyway, but it was difficult for those who did want to relax because the number of locals selling things on the beach is insane. They take "no" well but you are asked if you want to buy things literally atleast every 30 secs-1 minute (seriously). We took a Taxi downtown and enjoyed shopping at the markets. Make sure you negotiate Taxi rates. There is a grocery store across the street and a Walmart a few blocks away if you need anything. We also ended up agreeing to go "see" another hotel in exchange for very low cost dolphin encounter tickets. People downtown were offerring these "deals" w/o really explaining what they were offerring. It was a waste of time but the dolphin encounter and waterpark were fun. The shows at the Crown Paradise (which are held accross the street in the Nitro Club) were pretty cheesy. The last night we were there was the show with Disney characters. It was cute and my daughter was asked to be in the show so that was exciting. Kids Club is available but my kids were the only ones there most of the time (they only went an hour a day). The activities there are limited and my girls got bored with it, but it is there if you want to use it. All the staff who are required to interact with guests speak and understand English quite well. All in all, this is not a high class resort for singles/couples, but it o.k. for families and we had fun. I would like to try other resorts, but if the price is right again sometime in the future, I would go back. For those people who wrote terrible reviews of this resort, I will say that it is not terrible and will only be a huge disappointment if you are expecting fancy rooms and high quality food. Seriously, I don't know how some people rate it as horrible, but I guess those people have fancier taste than we do:) Oh, and as far as rooms, they are small and nothing fancy for sure but they were o.k. We got a cot because the five of us couldn't fit in 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable enough but the pillows were not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro