“A real Family and Kids Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av de las Garzas 1, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #69 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“A real Family and Kids Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This resort is amazing!! It really is a Kids Paradise! My daughter thinks it is absolutely the very best hotel in the hotel world, which it is not because it is a four star, but it definitely is a great place to stay for families. My daughter couldn't get enough of the slides and could play for hours in the waterpark. She also did the art activities at the Kids Club every day which were cute. The staff was very nice. Kudos to the security guard at the waterpark and the activities team at the main pool. Don't miss the Disney show on Saturday night if you go here. It is a a great show, for kids and adults alike ! They also have a kids dinner night on Tuesday nights which looked a lot of fun (Disney caracters serving the kids, dances, activities, etc.) As a parent you get a break here. I am not sure where these other people stayed who said that they did not love the hotel. If you have kids and you want to have a great time, I think this is one of the best options in Puerto Vallarta. The location is also wonderful, right next to the Terminal Maritima, where the boat excursions leave from. We did not even have to take a taxi there. In my opinion this hotel offers great value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is NOT a resort! It is a rundown hotel. It has ONE very small pool on the adult side. No swim up bar. We stayed one night and then switched hotels. if you are looking for a luxurious vacation, this is not it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimshaw, AB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I would not recommend going to this resort. I do not know where to begin.
Food: Was disappointing. Breakfast was not worth eating. Lunch was a pass. We ended up going to the family resort to eat. Much Better
Resort: was old! falling apart
Rooms: dirty! Housekeeping never cleaned our room til late in the afternoon.
Service: depending on who was at the bar, good!

This resort is full of returning couples from the 70's. Great people who have been coming back to the same resort every year for 10 + years. It is not a good resort if you are young and want to party with your significant other.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Our travel agent booked us here and we trusted her. Arrived with my husband and 2 kids, sister and 2 kids, and grandparents. Upon arrival broken fan in the reception, mosquitoes, no welcome drinks just an old run down hotel. More like a shack. I went to the pool and it was full of local people no space to even swim if we were to stay. The photos and rating of 4 star were deceiving! We checked out 2 hours later and had to pay an additional$7 thousand to move to another hotel which we did to the Palace. At that point we had no choice and sun wing customer service did not reimburse us even a dollar. This was a year ago and it's taken me a year to write this on how disappointing the arrival was. Luckily the Palace Hotel was unbelievably amazing and I am so glad we moved out rather than have stayed the whole 7 days there. They advertise this hotel and pricing as a 4 star but it's the most ugly hotel I have been to

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta to spend our 14 th wedding anniversary and was pretty disappointed with our experience of feeling ripped off. Very unpleasant hotel experience with dirty rooms and linens. Had cockroaches in the room. Lizards were on the walk way ceiling almost all the time creeping us out.

Very poor customer service. Asked for extra linens 3 times during our trip, out of which only one time we actually got the linen. Inside the resort at the activity center, desk people don't pay attention to who came first. They just randomly pick guests and attend. We were twice rejected for the ping pong table in spite of we being first in the line. Somebody stole my visor and Ray ban sunglasses ($150 worth) which i had left by the ping pong table for exactly 5 mins. The whole resort was over crowded. Disgusting restrooms throughout the resort. I wonder why they call this horrible place "RESORT"

For the crowd, the pool and so called "water park" are very small and very dirty. My daughter was grossed out with the water park as it was disgusting. Unpleasant odor throughout the resort and in the room. It was so unbearable that we actually had to go out and buy a big can of air freshener and Clorox wipes to sanitize the whole room.The elevator was not working at least 3 or 4 times throughout our stay, the display board inside the elevator was broken and we had no clue which floor we were on, most of the time we took stairs to avoid bad odor and waiting for the elevator. Over all very poor value for the money we paid. Check in and check out process was very long, exhausting and unfriendly. The whole hotel experience was not worth it. Would not return to PV or Crown Paradise.

Horrible dirty beach and harassing vendors.

Room Tip: Please don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Crown Paradise with our three year old twins. We were unaware that we would be vacationing with 1000 Mexican families and us. The resort was old and in much need of a maintenance facelift. The pools were dirty and disgusting, the public bathrooms were even worse! My 3 yr old daughter wouldn't even go in because of the stench and filth. We had to go to our room most of the time. There were dirty diapers left around the pool and litter everywhere for the birds to swoop down and eat. The buffet was the same every day and had little variety. We also found it unaccomodating for dinner reservations, we tried to go in one nite and was turned away for being full when the reataurant had 2 tables in it. We waited for drinks at the bar for up to 20 mins every time we wanted a drink! We did have a family room but our balcony was so small it couldn't accommodate 2 chairs for my husband and I to both sit on when our kids went to sleep early. We even walked to the nearby grocery store and bought our own beer so we wouldn't have to wait at the bar for poor service and warm beer.
The baby club was ok, but we would get our 3 yr old twins settled in with a lady there, and then see her eating in the buffet on her break not 20 mins later, when I had thought my kids had a repor with her only to find that they switch shifts. This upset me because I had generously tipped her to ensure the well being of my kids only to find it was someone whom I had never met watching my kids when we returned to pick them up.
To make matters worse we found it impossible to enjoy the beach due to the never ending bother of the sand vendors who hassled us and our kids to the point of not being able to sit on the beach. They even would harass our 3 yr olds. When I asked them to please don't approach my kids I was told I was "rude"!! Now isn't that a contradiction!!! The best night we had is when we took an over priced taxi into PV to eat dinner at Pipi's restaurant. It was expensive but worth it and had amazing service! The music also was great and the kids loved it. We didn't want to go back to our resort.
We also were told about the 48 hr liquor ban that goes into effect every 5 years due to the federal election. Thank goodness we were leaving the day it went into effect because I would of been even more upset it I couldn't enjoy drinks while staying at a horrible resort!
We will NEVER go back to the crown paradise ever, and we are sadly considering never going to PV again, which is sad since that is where my husband and I met 6 yrs ago.
We shoulda went to Dreams!

Room Tip: Don't go here at all!!! If you do, insist on a suite so you can at least enjoy your room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cordova, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Pictures were probably taken then day the place opened. It is old and not taken care of. We booked the family room which is located on the street with the night club way in the back of the resort. The noise was unreal. The air conditioner did not work, tv in childrens bunk area did not work and when pulling down the shade for the tiny one person balcony I found that it was duct taped up. I went down to the front desk to tell them I would not be staying in there and after an hour of speaking to managment and them telling me the whole resort was booked finally got moved to a semi-acceptable room. The food was absolutley disgusting. There was nothing there that a normal tourist would eat. When my family finally found a hamburger it was about an 1/16 of an inch thick and was not even cooked through. When asked for ketchup they gave us a clear red liquid that they called ketchup. The pools were old and needed a facelift. The adult 'pool" is actually a big hot tub so there was no refreshing area for just adults when the weather was over 100 degrees. During the summer it is the rainy season there so the water was chocolate brown so if you are going to attempt to stay there then I would suggest going during their "high" season which is December through April. The resort was an absolute nightmare and we ended up eating outside of the hotel every night and just ended up statying there to shower and sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!