We were at the Crown paradise club from Feb 8 to Feb 15. We have a 6 year old boy, a 4 year old girl and an 18 month old girl. We had an awesome time there. I don't know how the hotel could have been better. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room (standard room) was great with reasonable space for all five of us. The bathroom was huge with lots of closet space. The pools were great, and both the waterpark and family pools were heated which was very nice. The waterpark was a huge hit, expecially with our 4 year old...the deepest water came up to her armpits. She could go anywhere in the waterpark with minimal supervision and no help. Older kids (10 or above) may find it a little tame.
We don't understand any of the complaints about the food. The buffet was perfectly reasonable with lot's of selection. It was mostly mexican food at the buffet, but it was very good, and when in rome...
For those who got tired of mexican, the three a la carte restaraunts were fantastic. The french restaurant was amazing, and both the japananese (actually asian cuisine), and italian were very good.
We used the kids club a few times, mainly to have couple time for dinner...the kids loved it, but the baby hated it...not from any lack of effort on the part of the staff, that's just the way she is.
The staff all spoke very good good english. We never had any problems communicating. We found tips were appreciated but by no means necessary, we mainly tipped because we were getting such excellent service. At no point did I wait more than a minute to get a drink at any of the three bars.
The timeshare people did try and talk to us on the first day, but we just said we had no money and they left us alone for the rest of the trip. We did see some pretty slimy timeshare tactics being used with the other guests (e.g. timeshare rep. pretending to be a previous happy customer, then high-fiving the other timeshare people as he left the restaurant). If for some reason you are interested in timeshares, just buy them used on the internet...don't waste 3-4 hours of your vacations being manipulated by master salespeople.
We did not go to any of the shows, by the time they started it was too late for our kids after a busy day. The other guests did like them though, other kids especially liked the Disney show on Saturday.
A few tips:
- Get a bunch of $1 American bills for tipping. It was a bit difficult to get small change.
- At 9:30pm the Marigalante pirate ship shoots off a few fireworks just off the beach. The kids loved it.
- If you didn't bring and don't want to buy floaties for the pool, you can borrow them from the kids club. You can also borrow boogie boards and sand toys, but selection could be limited depending on other guests.
- There is a huge supermarket across the street for anything you forgot. We bought pails/shovels there. There is also a wal-mart about a 5 minute walk away.
- Buy the tours outside the hotel...it's cheaper, especially if you can haggle.
- The marina is right outside the hotel. Very convenient if you are going on any boat tours.
- If you have kids, go on the Marigalante pirate tour. We did the day tour and it was wayyyy more fun that I was expecting. The staff there did an awesome job keeping us entertained.
Overall it was an amazing vacation for families with kids. I have no idea how it could have been better. Keep in mind this is a family focused resort...those looking for a quieter couples vacation may not have the same great experience. For families, it is amazing though. If our family ever goes back to PV, we would definately stay there.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro
- Crown Paradise Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.