“Solid no frills vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Francisco Medina Asencio Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Sale on Now
Ranked #37 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Canada
“Solid no frills vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just arrived home from our 7 day stay at this resort.

My family was looking for a family friendly resort with decent food and access to the beach and our wishes were fulfilled.

Our spacious one bedroom suite was perfect for our needs.

We got a great deal on the package and it could be because the resort is undergoing some updating. Two of the adjoining Villa del Palmar buildings were being renovated with what looked like new floors, paint and new furniture.

The food was fine and the service was excellent. The nightly shows are a fun diversion if nothing else.

I would recommend this resort to those interested in a relaxing quiet vacation with their family.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank AnonCanada

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel and resort was very nice. Rooms were spacious and well kept. However, please be wary of the people who hang out by the exit of the airport they are all trying to get you to go to a resort presentation. They will even pose as representatives of a car rental company (that's how they got us). We were harassed pretty much every day we left the hotel for whatever reason. Everyone wanted to give us $$$ off of dinner, free tours, free breakfasts, but it all came with a resort tour and pushy salespeopls who won't take no for an answer and berate you when you don't buy. One man out front named Arturo, he will grab you and yell at you if you are being picked up by any company but the hotel's.

While you're in town though check out Cafe Belen and get a guarache, walking distance from the hotel. It's the best and most authentic place to eat in all of Puerto Vallarta!! It's a hole-in-the-wall restaurant ,not a place that caters to tourists.

Room Tip: Don't need to upgrade to get a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dan F
Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Close walk to shopping, nice beach for swimming, lots of activities available. Staff was very helpful and the amenities are good. Easy to get on the bus to Old Puerto Vallarta, Great nightlife in OPV and cheap cab ride back to VDP.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CALIFORNIADUDES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sorry about this late review. I stayed at the Villa Del Palmar Vallarta on the 4th of July weekend and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the great welcome I received from everyone at the resort. First of all I must comment on the cleanliness of the resort. Everything was spotless! I chose the all inclusive plan which was great. The restaurants were delicious with a nice variety and everything freshly prepared and we never seemed to lack of beer or cocktails while laying out at the palapa section of the beach. The service was prompt and very friendly. The beach was nice and sandy and the location was perfect. A short bus ride or cab from the boardwalk and the old town area. Even though the rooms were a little dated, the beds were sooo comfortable and we slept in every day. This was truly a relaxing vacation which is exactly what we needed!
Kudos to the great staff!

Room Tip: I can't complain about anything. We had a nice pool view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CALIFORNIADUDES
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time in Puerto Vallarta, and had three wonderful weeks at the Villa Del Palmar. The room was AWESOME, the food was heavenly, the staff was like family, and the ocean breezes were
enough to make us comfortable. We stayed the month of June, 2013, and I sure hope I'll be able to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Louise S
Teaneck, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent two weeks last summer at Villa Palmar in Nuevo Vallarta. Property was new and in pristine condition, location on the beach was idyllic, service was excellent. Only downside was the distance from Puerto Vallarta (about 25 minutes by taxi). So this year we decided to try the company's property in Puerto Vallarta, about 10 minutes outside of the city in the hotel zone. The property is older and not quite as grand as the one in Nuevo. Suites are smaller and not as well maintained (hence my rating between good and very good), but the service was excellent, and the short distance to town made sightseeing much easier (and cheaper) with bus service available for the quick ride to the Malecon (boardwalk). It's location 2 blocks from Plaza Caracol (big shopping mall with supermarket and tons of shops) was great for grocery shopping and souvenirs that were cheaper than in town. All in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have easy access to pool, although pathways through the property are close to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I apologize in advance if the review is long but I want to be as imformative as possible in my review.
Last year we went to a sales presentation here and ended up becoming members,as I travel 4-5 times a year. I booked a DLX JNR Suite and asked to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom this was done..Yes the rooms are not up top par with the latest and greatest decore but it is simple and nice (NOT THE RITZ) Rooms on higher floors better view.
The view was great it was pool and ocean. The patio had 4 chairs and a table and room for floats to sit out as well.
There is a kitchen area with full size fridge,toaster,coffee maker,burners.All utensils.
Liviing room area has a hideacouch bed 2 chairs 2 tables.
Pools- The main large pool has a swim up bar that has never been opened as I was informed that is a shame..the slide is fun though even for a 40 something year old.
Chairs- At the large pool are the better chairs..
The ones at the smaller pool close to the beach are your typical pool chairs..
This pool is full of kids both pools were there was really nowhere for adults to be free of them(I dont mind them)just be nice to have an adult only area..
Food / Beverage Service- the service around the pool was good ..The best thing is you can as for a menu and get food served at your beach chair (Please keep area clean)
As other resorts used to do this service as well but took it away due to people making a mess and the birds getting into it.
Restaraunts- the main buffet restaraunt is good closest to the beach..it is open air ..there is no bacon on buffett in morning but ask your waiter they will gladly get it for you.
the mexican restaraunt was good.
Never did the seafood.
There is a snack bar at noon for burgers ,chicken fingers, french fries..the burgers are cooked on a big bbq.
The BAD - the vacation ownership push --Yes Im already a member and the girl at the front right after we checked in wanted to sign us up to go to the other hotel the flamingo in nuevo to as she put it a survey..we would get discounts blah blah..we said we would go unfortunatly the day we were to fg o i got bad news of a death and when we called down to inform we would not be going she stated what do you mean how about a different time..are you kidding me no im sorry no nothing..
I was very mad at this reaction and later on I confronted her,,,she stated she had not uunderstood my friends explanation..so what your saying to me is you dont listen you just want to sell ...
Plus it was our first time using the home resort and if I want to upgrade my points i will come to you once I enjoy the property if i want why do they have to grab you the minute you checkin before you get to your room this bothers me no matter what horel you go to..
Sister resort is the Del Mar you can go use that pool as well.
this is where the evening shows and dinner go on..we attended 2 and they were pretty good.I will be returning next week to plan my friends wedding for february and make sure all goes well.

In my opinion do the all inclusive if you can in a package ..as it is 89 per day at hotel and must be for 3 days.
It pays for itself .have a few drinks and breakfast its covered itself.please feel free to go out in town and eat.Vallarta is very safe amazing places to eat ...

PIPIS resturaunt on papillia street is amazing..if you like italian la dolce vita...

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends