“Nice Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Francisco Medina Asencio Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #30 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
“Nice Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The resort itself was nice, rooms very clean. The staff was tremendous. All were very friendly and tended to all my families needs. Ernesto and Daniel were fantastic, as the always ensured my glass was never empty whether poolside or on the beach. The timeshare folks were a little too aggressive when you are out for a nice quite family vacation, but once we said no, they left us alone for the rest of the week. Beach was nice but water was not like that out a Las Calitas!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a week stay at the villa. I was alone but met up with four family members and five. Friends, thus a group of ten.
Seven of us checked in together and it took a while and a second agent assisted in a few moments. They were so pleasant and willing to accommodate our group with six rooms. The bell hops were/are super. Full of information, help and smiles.
The hotel is older but each of our suites was just fine. The kitchen and bathroom areas are very clean and not a bug in sight. The bed and sitting area is well appointed. Comfortable, clean and nicely arranged. A LG TV with full satellite service....very good. A lot of cupboard, drawers and storage space in the kitchen. Good door locks and a safe for ones valuables.
The maids are wonderful gals, even with language difficulties they understood our needs with a smile.
The pool attendants, pool bar, snack bar and events personnel, just great. We enjoyed the tournaments, ping pong, shuffle board, bocci and volleyball games were equally fun to participate in and to watch.
My personal opinion about the foods is mixed. Either really good or very poor service. Food quality is OK but not fantastic. We took a Suburban SUV cab to town and chose restaurants there. Selection and quality are 4-5 star.
Yes, I would return and recommend this hotel. We were not hassled about time shares, all low key.
I am glad that we did not take the all inclusive package as we enjoyed trying out the restaurants that we enjoyed so much.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
arizona city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We did the all inclusive, the presentation was fairly long but we had a professional who did not make it a nightmare, and it was milder than expected but when you don't buy they send you to a room with more presentation offers for the next day, don't take them, as we did the second presentation to take a paid trip to a beautiful beach, the presentation was terrible, long and staff rude, basically a bad dream come true. Resort food was alright but the ocean water was EXTREMELY dirty, worst I've ever seen in any part of the ocean. If your going for the beach and clear water don't come, if you like pools only then come its an alright trip. Would never go again just because the ocean water is super filthy in this bay, so many rivers running into it. If your a pool person then come enjoy the clean pools, food is alright, room alright.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you want to feel both welcomed and comfortable in your surroundings, visit Villa del Palmar. This location is not only like my second home, but offers easy chess to the Old Town charm minutes away which has made Puerto Vallarta a favorite vacation spot. Check it out!

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view...you can't go wrong.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a nice hotel, Loved the spa, The 3 restaurants were ALL SLOW and the service was rude, tips are included in this all inclusive however if you don't tip you get ATTITUDE. Plus being hounded to do a timeshare. We took this vacation to have a good time not to get attitudes and hounded, No means NO! Its doesn't mean to follow the guests wherever they go.(Jessie)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ponca City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Where do I begin! My family of 6; including my sister, her three daughters, 28, 17, and 14. My boyfriend and I, 29 and 31 stayed for a week at Villa Del Palmar July 27-August 3. This was my second trip to PV and the rest of my parties first. I did use the shuttle service VIP that the resort/Interval International recommended. 14$ per person. It may have been a rip off but it was hassle free as they took my family of 6 with 10 suitcases straight outside of airport to our hotel. (Also they informed me ahead of time to ignore the shark tank-read up on other reviews about it) Also everywhere else I read said from airport to hotel was like $17 or 18 per person. So I'm still unsure if a cab would have been cheaper, as it seems there’s a monopoly on the airport shuttle rides???? Anyway- We came to Palmar on a time share that my dad had given us. So I have no idea on actual prices for the hotel stay. We stayed in a two bedroom suite as we had 6 people. My younger nieces slept on the Murphy bed they said it was comfortable, my sister and niece slept in the other bedroom with the twin beds they were super soft. My boyfriend and I slept in the bedroom with the king, it was a little hard for our taste but we slept well. We stayed in Building 6 on the fourth floor. I asked for an ocean view at check in and was happily obliged. We could see the ocean through the palm trees and we were happy with what we got. I knew this hotel was a little bit older but nothing to where it really looks it. It’s a very nice resort. We did take advantage of the All-Inclusive for 3 of our 7 days. For us adults it did seem to be worth the price as we did drink and eat merrily throughout the day. But the sticker shock of paying for 6 people for the week is what kept us from participating in the all-inclusive all week. We ate at all three restaurants the Italian, Buffet and El Patron. Our very first night on arrival we ate at El Patron, we had not started the all-inclusive and had a difficult time trying to order two margarita’s as we did not know the rule of credit card or room charge only and a not very friendly "manager" looking woman was somewhat rude (we wanted to pay in cash is what he issue was, and once on property they only deal in credit or room charge, which jumps back to credit.) But other than that friendly staff, good food. A little expensive when paying outright if not on all inclusive, but we are at a resort! As many reviews before stated the Soriana Supermarket is literally five minutes walking distance from the resort and I highly recommend it. It's a fun little adventure to go shopping. Get out of the resort and save some money. The market on property is kind of pricey; we bought a few items from them when everyone was too tired from our "exhaustive" beach days to walk to Soriana. But the Deli inside the on property market I highly recommend. We had the breakfast and lunch on different days and everyone thoroughly enjoyed what they ate. The woman who made our food that day was very nice and sweet and made awesome sandwiches! Our room was right above the Italian/Seafood Buffet and so we could hear some noise when our sliding glass doors were open but nothing too loud. The beach was nice, it's clean and good easy surf for wading and relaxing. The merchants at the beach are persistent but with a few, No Gracias they do leave. We bought a few things and once they know you've spent money they get a little more aggressive but that's to be expected. That is they're lively hood, if you like to bargain it's worth it and fun. They literally have everything you could want for a day on the beach. Also I noticed the hotel does have an employee who walks around and watches them and will politely inform them to leave if they're beginning to bug. Beach/Pool service was awesome two gentlemen who served us were awesome, sorry I forgot the names. We took advantage of some of the beach adventures also available, they are not connected to the hotel but they're there every day and trust worthy. We Banana boated; Jet skied, Parasailed, and went on a snorkeling trip. Those all ranged from 10 to 50 per person. Overall we enjoyed our stay at Villa Del Palmar. I gave the hotel five stars because I got what I expected and was very satisfied. Some random tidbits of info:
-Down Town (shopping-restaurants) is a five minute 50 peso (4 and some change in American $) peso cab for 3 people or less and 100 ($8 and some change) peso for 6.
-There’s a star bucks when you leave property on the left (north), we saw it on the way in and forget about it and some of my family are Starbucks people, it’s within walking distance.
-Unique ATV tours is awesome, Francisco on the beach can hook you up!
-No one in our group really spoke Spanish I speak the most and it’s not much, but we were fine. Everyone is helpful and there’s always someone who understands most of what you’re saying.

Room Tip: Ask for the type of room you want, we asked for ocean view, we got it. Corner suite had a huge balco...
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our third family trip to Mexico, first time to PV. Absolutely will not go back to this hotel. Ok place: nice clean mini-suite, kitchenette totally adequate for lite meal prep (Soriana grocery store just down the street), cable TV with a handful of English language channels. Linens smelled musty like most tropical places not sealed off to the outside, air con issues typical of third world hotels. Nice pool. Crowded grubby beach, but walk 200' to the next beach and its quiet, cleaner, pleasant. (But if beautiful beaches are your primary desire, this is not the place to come).
Lobby staff needs some training in international standards of service (and I am NOT very particular): they advertise wifi for $11/day (ridiculously expensive and very slow connection), but turns out it's $11 PER DEVICE. Concierge, guest services, three staff members all pleaded ignorance: 'I'm sorry, Internet is provided by Telnet, the hotel has nothing to do with it.' But the hotel is advertising a per day charge with no mention of 1 device only. I asked for the hotel manager and was told there was no such person that they knew of. Excuse me? There is no one in charge? Finally was told by a pleasant man that I needed to turn off the device for 15 minutes and then I could connect with my second device. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I tried and failed a few times. Finally went to Starbucks, bought a latte and used their free and fast wifi. But the clincher was the Time Share Junta, all pervasive, never admitting defeat, starting at the airport, continuing when we stepped onto the property--- long discussions of why we were not going to go to their presentation, no we did not want to have a free day tour or a nice free buffet breakfast, 75 minutes? Did not believe it would be only 75 minutes, in fact we wasted nearly that much time firmly declining their persistent offers. Finally had to resort to outright rudeness to get away from these vultures circling every time we popped our heads into the lobby. I expect aggressive hawkers on the beach and in the shops, and I have no trouble avoiding unwanted interactions with them. (No eye contact, never glance at their wares, politely smile and shake my head and don't slow down as I say 'No, gracias'). But I don't want to deal with them in my hotel. AND the tour operator, who I had to meet to arrange transport back to the airport, at lunchtime the day after our arrival and spend 45 minutes getting another hard sell on package tours. And not answer my phone because she called daily to try to sell me a tour. TOO MUCH. If I were to come back I would go to one of the small hotels in the downtown/old town area, or, better yet, head south to Yelapa or Las Animas. Puerto Vallarta was a surprisingly pleasant and lovely town, and worth a trip. But with the zillion hotels there, I'll bet you can do better than Villa las Palmas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!