“Wonderful, family friendly hotel,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Francisco Medina Asencio Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Monument, Colorado
“Wonderful, family friendly hotel,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just a quick note., we took a "last minute" trip to Puerta Vallarta., this past 10 days., and stayed at this great resort and spa., Had a wonderful time., really friendly people, located close to everything., the staff was outstanding., we did not purchase the all-inclusive., as we like to eat locally., and we did., what a treat. Huge room., view of pool area, and ocean., perfect. Quiet, although it is in hotel zone., you can't hear any street noise, at all. . Three restaurants, three pools, kiddy, family, and two hot tubs, water was wonderful, then get out., and get that new "tan" you have been wanting., I love the hot tub!, my favorite., , beach is adjacent to the property., with lounge chairs., and service. The pool service was great., But, for me the spa is my thing., inexpensive., had a pedy, high/low lights, and before we went home., my husband and I had a massage., and guess where., out on the pier., that jets close to the ocean., wow!! private., white flowing curtains., just out of this world., I would go back just for that., it was magnificent., one hour of relaxing in paradise., Also, saw the new hotel., located up the coast., beautiful. Pay no attention to all the fuss at the airport., they are just trying to make a living., say "no thank you" get a cab., and be gone. No need to worry about water., food., or anything., while you are in paradise., just enjoy, laugh, have fun., that is what Puerta Vallerta is all about. See, you later, bye!!

Room Tip: I got in touch with Camille., at the hotel., told her what I was looking for., gave her my confirmat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Graham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My guy and I stayed at this hotel and had such a great time! The pool is awesome as well as the staff catering to your every need while your sitting poolside. Great activities at the resort itself and the staff was helpful in organizing tours for us to see puerto Vallarta. I can't wait o get back and this time bringing the kids being as this hotel is very family friendly.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yukon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

VDP is a first of the Villa Group resorts and as such is getting old by Mexican resorts Standards, it is being upgraded but also a neighbouring hotels are getting bigger and higher, hence view is getting worse and worse. Other newer Villa resorts are much better at the present time.
View from most of the rooms on the ocean is getting nonexistent as their palm trees are getting higher and bigger.
Big plus is closeness to other restaurants and downtown.
Newest building number 8 also has a most uncomfortable and cheap , hard sofas with no back whatsoever, except couple of pillows, if you pull it few inches from leaning on murphy bed - pillows will slide down on the floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We exchanged into Villa Del Palmar on May 10 - May 17, 2013. Took 5 family members with us and we had the best time in our lives. My aunt was celebrating her 60th birthday and we couldn't ask for more from the staff at the Villa Del Palmar. The beach is excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I had stayed at the Grand Mayan and I think the Villa Del Palmar beds are more comfortable. Front desk check-in was quick and informative. It was not overly crowded maybe because it was May.

With regards to the timeshare issues, as soon as we advised that we were not interested we were left alone. We were close to Walmart and all downtown amenities.

Entertainment was great, however, heard loud music in the morning, not sure where it was coming from. We highly recommend staying at this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and my girlfriends family spent 7 days at Villa Del Palmar, my GF´s even purchased timeshare through global golf connections. We avoided the taxi scam at the airport as the Villa Del Palmar provided a comfortable coach service from the airport to the Villa Del Palmar meaning those slippery scam snakes at the airport didn´t rip us off. They always manage to trap a a good amount of tourists in their scam which is basically telling all the tourists that there is no bus service and the only way to the hotel (Villa Del Palmar in this case) was by a taxi of $100… they even offer you their business card for the return journey “hello”.
Ok so the Villa Del Palmar is simply a palace next to the scenic Mexican coast, its fantastically beautiful but could do with a little work in noise reduction but we were there during spring break… warning try and avoid spring break season lol. Villa Del Palmar is so beautiful that it didn’t take long for my girlfriends parents to buy a timeshare, i´m not shore if they bought a timeshare or rented a timeshare either way they were very happy. The timeshare company was global golf connect or global golf connections something like that. The guys who worked with global golf connections were really friend and spoke great English they even tried to sell us a timeshare but we opted out at the last minute. I cant remember exactly how much they paid for their timeshare but it seemed like a good deal and they were happy enough. The has Villa Del Palmar some of the biggest swimming pools I have seen in my life and there is always a life guard on duty, they seem to have selected only the best looking Mexican men to work as life guards at Villa Del Palmar, which reminded me that I needed to get to the gym. They actually have a basic gym on site so if you know how to train its all you need really, my day basically consisted of a gym session, beach, drinks by the pool and dinner at one of the restaurants. The restaurants at the Villa Del Palmar were a lot better than I expected, the food was really good and the waiter or waitress was always smiling and more than happy to help. We visited Playa Del Carmen and were pre warned by Global golf connections to steer clear of the timeshare scams that they have going on the main street, and in fact just as global golf connections predicted a timeshare scammer tried to solicit us lol. Playa Del Carmen is great and the weather is terrific during the month of April. The spring breakers all go to Mamitas beach and the party doesn’t seem to stop there, so we stay on the slightly quieter side of the beach. Playa Del Carmen is full and I mean “completamente lleno” of bars and places to grab a quick bite, you must try Renzo pizza simply amazing and cheap pizzas. Ok so the rooms at the Villa Del Palmar were great not a scam pering cockroach in sight, they were very clean and appeared to be cleaned and turned down daily by the maids. There was a bit of noise but its Spring break so what can you do… tell the management which is exactly what we did and they politely asked the spring breakers to tone it down a notch. So in conclusion we avoided the taxi scam thanks to Villa Del Palmar coach service and saved ourselves an extra $150 that I think was spent on souvenirs, and my parents in law got a great deal on a timeshare by global golf connections. The whole family had a great experience and we would go back in a heart beat and recommend the hotel to couples and families just avoid the spring break season lol.

Room Tip: Any room is a winner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This resort is very nice and makes you feel welcome whenever you show up. The front desk staff, Claudia, does an excellent job in addressing needs. The rooms are always clean and should a problem arise, maintenance is always there to address this immediately. The 3 pools are great, but could be a little warmer till summer comes, but once you are in it is great to just relax. The 2 hot tubs are always full of people who easliy make friends and if the temperature needs adjustment, again maintenance is always there. The food and drinks are nice, but a little on the pricey side. Nightly entertainment is always nice and in line with cruise ship entyertainment. The location is exccellent for catching the bus to attractions and adventures and Soriana, grocery store, is just across the street one block away.
Over all you can not ask for better friends that always seem to welcome you and take crae of your needs from check in to check out.

Room Tip: Villa del Palmar has ocean views while Villa del Mar has a relaxing more mature atmosphere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Every time I plan the Easter break vacation, ... One place always comes to mind ... VDP! This resort has it all! Location-central to everything...within walking distance or a quick hop on the bus.
During the Easter week, it is called La Semana de Santos~Week of the Saints, All Saints week.
Well, where to begin... The "malecon" is a great start. Down at the "boardwalk" you will find all types of restaurants. The. Views are amazing at sundown. Locals, tourists...everything seems to stop in Puerto Vallarta when the sun goes down. Sunsets are breath-taking!
I miss Mexico often. I try to get there once a year.
The resort is excellent! The staff is polite, helpful and gracious! The views are also outstanding as are the rooms...all with ocean, mountain views! I have never had less than the best while here!
Entertainment is everywhere!
Pools, grounds, food all exceptional!
Visit VDP, you will not regret your decision. As a matter of fact, ... I just might be there too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!