“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Francisco Medina Asencio Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York, NY
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited VDP for my birthday. I purchased a halfoffdepot all inclusive deal l to this resort and had to take a timeshare tour. Check in was pretty busy as I arrived around 1230pm on a Thursday. Once checked in, my room was ready and i was able to drop off my bags and went to lunch. I ate at El Patron. My meal was delicious and the servers were great. I wasn’t too happy with my margarita tasted like it had nutra sweet aftertaste.
All my meals were good and I made sure I took full advantage of the meals. Im not a big drinker but the Miami Vice drink was tasty. The room was a little dated, but very spacious and the TV had many channel options. A weird damp seaside feel in the room. The exterior areas are all modern and gorgeous. Worthy of many pictures. Location of the resort is great too. Supermarket across the street, clothing stores blocks down the road. Minutes drive from downtown (probably could’ve been walked).
My only down side was it was mentioned prior to arrive that I was celebrating my birthday at the resort and no attention was given to it.
I visited the spa and that was very zen and nice. My only suggestion would be to make it warmer in the rooms and to add a steam room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 5th or 6th visit to the VDP. We have always enjoyed the resort and this visit was no different. We had a one-bedroom on the ground floor (convenient). The unit was ok, but definitely showing age; toilet leaked at the base, lights were going out over the bathroom sink. Very minor stuff, but notable.Staff was excellent as always. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Joel with "welcome home".
One firm "no" to the timeshare pitch and we were never bothered again. Service around the pool was good. Happy hour at noon and again at 3:00. We did not eat any meals at the restaurants, but ate around the pool and it was good. Still lacks in activities during the day. Very quiet resort.
Never needed any special services or made any special requests. However, room was cleaned thoroughly daily. Items of value were left out in the open with no problems.
We will return.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful holiday at Villa del Palmar. Check in was fine, not a long line. Cecelia, @ the front desk let us look at a map for a choice of one bedroom suites. It was pretty full at March break but we ended up with a nice room with a view of the pool. Yes, we got a bit of hassle from the time share people, but I just told them I wasn't interested and they left me alone. The hotel is clean and very well maintained. The food in the restaurants was excellent. The two for one buffet breakfast makes it a great deal. There were lots of choices and everything was fresh. The drinks were delicious and there are many different happy hour times. It's so easy to take the bus into town, just outside the hotel to the right. The front desk gave me some change for the bus. The Walmart has an amazing bakery! There are amazing sunsets and we even saw a whale and dolphins from the beach. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning.

Mpls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Structures are showing their age, altho I feel they are trying hard to keep the grounds beautiful.
Staff is helpful and friendly.
The biggest problem I see is the lack of enforcment of the pool and beach rules. They are short towels... could not just turn in a dirty towel at the end of our day and get a clean one for the next day. Also, the cushions for the long chairs were being taken to rooms and used on the patio chairs. If they want to maintain a good rating this needs to be addressed as it was a point of discussion on the beach.

Room Tip: Rms in bldg 6 were nosiy due to adjacent hotel bands at night. We had to complain to the front desk...
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Im giving it a 5 because the place is really great for the price..the staff are so nice and friendly.you always see a smile on their face everyday.the service and food is really great. its older building but clean. had a great stay and time in puerto vallarta.definitely would come back again.highly recommend the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Our third visit there in last 6 years, and things haven't gotten any better. Haven't really gotten that much worse either, so guess that's a good thing. Median age seems to have gotten much older in the 2 years we were away. We would guess most folks were in their seventies. Very few teens, and just a handful of pre-teens. A good 90% of guests are from Canada. That's a good thing since they are friendly and easy to be with.
Attitude at front desk is still poor. Don't ask for anything extra or you'll be disappointed.
Away from the front desk, however, the employees are mostly excellent. Some have been there 25 years and are still a joy to be around.
One point, if you opt for the all-inclusive package, you should know that the wait staff only gets $3.00 total from you per day as a gratuity. They do not get a percentage of what you eat and drink. You have a choice to throw a few extra bucks their way with every check you sign, and should.
The time-share thing is a pain, but polite persistence seems to do the trick. If nothing else, tell them you just filed bankruptcy last month, and they'll leave you alone for sure!!! lol

• Stayed March 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My girlfriends and I had a great vacation at this resort in February. They spend a lot of time on keeping the grounds clean and maintained. The service was excellent (Carlos was the best server so ask for him!). They will try to sell you on the timeshare, but just tell them you are not interested and they will leave you alone. We had a great time. I wanted to go back as soon as I got back home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!