I thought the property was in very good shape considering its about 30 years old. The rooms are dated, but were clean and comfortable. The grounds are well maintained and in the mornings staff were always trimming trees, grass, shrubs, cleaning the pool etc.
Checkin and checkout was very slow so be patient. There seemed to be definite communication breakdowns between staff members, but nothing that wasn't resolved over time.
Location is great for visiting the sites of Puerto Vallarta. We never took the bus although resort is right on bus route. Taxis are plentiful and cheap. $100 Pesos got you anywhere you wanted to go. The Marina was a 20 minute walk North and the Malecon a 30 minute walk South. We walked the beach to the Marina one day, but don't try walking the beach towards downtown (Malecon) as its very rough.
As other reviewers have mentioned, food service at resort was iffy and somewhat pricey. We ate at the Mexican restaurant the first night and had drinks it was good. We had pre-purchased 3 days of their All Inclusive plan which we used later in the week. The breakfast buffet was OK, but we've definitely experienced better. The omelette station was good. After trying the lunch menu a few times, we generally opted for pizza at lunch which was good. On our last night we tried the Italian outlet and the meals were terrible. Our food seemed to be taking a long time and without even saying anything the chef showed up at our table apologizing for the delay and saying he was preparing special plates for us. Well if those were special plates, I wouldn't want to experience the regular fare. I would not recommend the All Inclusive option at this resort. The food options are limited and mediocre quality at best. The resort is located close to best dining PV has to offer, so get out of the resort and enjoy it. The resort does provide a 20% discount card for food purchases on site and there is also a small market with a deli just outside the main entrance. One other note on the All Inclusive option. It seemed to be very cumbersome. Although you had a bracelet, you still had to sign for everything, including drinks.
Many grocery markets are within walking distance: Soriano, MEGA & elWalmarto. Costco is also close by.
All in all not the best resort we've experienced and not the worst either.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Del Palmar Beach
- Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta
- Resort Del Palmar Beach
- Puerto Vallarta Villa Del Palmar