“Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Francisco Medina Asencio Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #26 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Park Ridge, Illinois
“Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have spent a week here almost every year for the last 24 years. It is tops in cleanliness, the grounds are attractive & well-maintained & the staff is courteous and helpful. In addition, I find the location excellent. It is on the beach and the buses to the Malecon to the south and the ones to the airport, north of the property, stop in front of of the resort. There is a supermarket 2 blocks away, as well as a small market downstairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cobos2000, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Marilynn:

It is with a great honor that I receive this review from a person that has being our guest for over 24 years, wow!!!
On behalf of the staff and myself, I thank you very much for your preference and loyalty and for allowing us to serve you better every year with a real passion.
I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments, I will share your review with the entire staff, I am sure from now, they will feel very proud.

Should you are planning your next vacation, please let me know, I would like personally to meet you and your family.

Cordially yours

1,147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel was rated with 3 stars only, and I chose it because I got a good deal for three rooms for my family reunion. I found that it had all the facilities and services of a 5 star hotel, but I think the lower rating was due to the age of the building. It is a 30 year old building but well kept and quite beautiful.

The staff went out of their way to help in every possible situation, in some instances trying to solve problems that didn't have anything to do with the hotel. Everyone, from the people working on the grounds upkeep to the administration and management, had a friendly smile and were prompt to be friendly but professional.

The site is close to stores and a few minutes by local transportation to downtown. The rooms have a well equipped kitchenette which allowed us to save some money as we had lots of mouths to feed. The food in the restaurants is good and at okay prices, especially the "Early bird breakfast." However, the store on site was way too expensive, but a block away there is a grocery store with more affordable prices.

There are programs and activities to involve everyone who is up to having a good time! My family came from several parts of Mexico and the United States, and we all agreed that it was a beautiful place to have a wonderful experience!

Dear Alma:

I would like to express my gratefulness for your positive comments and feedback, I also would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation, and for taking the time to let us know about your experiences during your stay.

It is great to know we were chosen for your family reunion, I am sure everyone had a great time and hopefully we created nice memories that will last forever.

I want to take this opportunity to let you know we are producing new restaurant concepts as well as new menus, all this based on guest´s comments and their suggestions, so on you next vacations you will find innovative culinary experiences.
I happily shared your comments with the staff and they´re looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let me know if you´re planning you next vacation, It´ll be a pleasure to have you back in this beautiful resort.

Paisley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I booked a weeks stay at this resort.
We had to ask to be moved from our allocated room because of a heavy chemical smell.
The staff did this quite happily.
The rooms are very dated, especially the kitchen units.
The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows so a good night's sleep was guaranteed.
The maid did an excellent job every day of keeping the apartment clean.

There are three pools and a couple of jacuzzis in the resort.
There are plenty of sun loungers and parasols at the pools and on the beach.

Afternoon snacks from the pool and beach menu are excellent value for money.
We ate in both restaurants while we were there and found the Mexican restaurant to be very run of the mill.
The Italian one was much better.

Taxis in P.V. represent excellent value for money and there are a host of eateries in the Old Town and along the Malecon.

Would we stay there again? Probably not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cobos2000, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Janis
First of all, I would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation. I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments.

We at Villa del Palmar are always looking to improve our services, and when guests are concerned about the resort´s facilities, we want to know and to have the opportunity to improve in order to deliver higher quality service. At the same time, we like to share our success with others, and this includes our staff which is always passionate for what they do every day for our guests.

I have shared your comments with the concerned parties and we are all together already working on getting a solution for the issues you mentioned in your kind review.

It´ll be a pleasure to have you back in this beautiful resort.

Best Regards
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We just got home from an amazing week at Villa del Palmar in PV! Yes the hotel is old, 1983 and rooms a little out dated but besides that what a great time. Pools were huge almost too deep LOL (6ft). All inclusive food was great, the drinks were 'well drinks' I'm sure but Edwin and Oscar never let them go less than half full at all times! Alan at front desk never got a day off but he helped us with our ever need! We went on Dolphin experience and didn't bring enough cash to purchase the pictures. It was 20 miles away and we were leaving the next day so Miguel the excursion coordinator picked the pictures up for us the next day before we left, WOW right! If your looking for a little less than 5 star go here!

Dear Guest:

First of all, I appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments, and for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation.

With the only purpose of having happy and satisfied guests, I want to mention that we went through a process of changing all the restaurant concepts as well as the menus, all this based on guest´s comments and their suggestions, so on you next vacations you will find a very different culinary experience.

It is very important for us to hear and to get feedback from or customers.

I happily shared your comments with the staff and they´re looking forward to seeing you again soon, “specially the bartenders”.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service, restaurants and facilities.

Wasaga Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I have been travelling to PV and staying at the VDP since 1990. The staff are excellent and extremely friendly. The rooms range from a studios to jr suites to 1 bedrooms and larger. They rooms have been redone several times over the years. The beach is great and this resort have more business than most in the hotel zone. There is a large plaza within a 10 minute walk with a large grocery store which is handy as all the rooms have a kitchenette.
You are located close to downtown for an easy walk, bus ride or taxi ride.
The restuarants on site are good and the staff are rally friendly. This is a family resort and quiets down by 11pm if not earlier. If you are a party animal you may want to look elsewear or be prepared to be downtown. At the VDP you meet friends you have know for 20 years and meet new ones. The staff welcome you by name and is a great place to relax and enjoy. We are 3 weeks away to spending the next 6 weeks on PV

Room Tip: This is a large time share resort. We have a one bedroom which is great when travelling with a famil...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
cobos2000, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your review of your stays of the 23 years at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, I am truly delighted to learn from one of our special guests that we were able to provide you with the best service and accommodations, moreover, to have created "great memories" throughout all these years.

I am very impressed about the extensive knowledge you possess regarding the resort´s services and facilities, I can´t wait to meet you and your family this coming month, I would like to welcome you personally.

Thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Vallarta once again. It will be a real pleasure to be your host one more time.
We are so grateful for considering our resort as your favorite destination.

I am looking forward to meeting you

Cordially
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I celebrated my birthday in this resort and the staff made my birthday wonderful and extra special. when we arrive there are lots of baloons in our room and the bath room made it looks like they are welcoming honeymooners. At night at least 5 staff brought super moist and super yummy chocolate cake. I did not expect to get this very nice birthday surprise from Villa del Palmar.

The Italian and the Mexican restaurants in the resort really served very nice meals, they are best in class.

If there is one thing that i would like this resort to improve -- it is the internet connections because the network is so slow.

Room Tip: If getting fast internet connection is impt for you.. you may need to reconsider other resorts. if...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cobos2000, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to post your review of your recent stay at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the best service and accommodations; I will gladly pass along your lovely words to our team members.

Our commitment is to exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever

All of us here at Villa del Palmar Vallarta look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of Banderas Bay!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The resort is very nicely kept. Staff is very friendly as well. A friend of mine and me rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. It was excellent. Full kitchen in the suite as well as a washer and dryer stacker! Double balconies overlooking the pool areas. We did have a minor issue with ants in the bathrooms and kitchen but as long as you don't leave anything out, you're ok. The resort is smack in the middle of the tourist pier and the airport with a grocery store that's two blocks away.

Room Tip: Walls are a bit thin, so if you can, get a top floor suite to avoid hearing the upstairs folks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cobos2000, Gerente at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear guest:
First of all, I would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your host at your home away from home. I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments.

We at Villa del Palmar are always looking to improve our services, and when guests are pleased we like to share our success with others, and this includes our staff which are always passionate for what they do every day for our guests.

Our housekeeping manager has shared your comments with her team and they are already working on solving the inconvenience you went through during your stay.

Cordially
rcobos@villagroup.com

Been to Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!