As an owner, I haven’t been back here since 2007 because of issues with the Sales department and still encountered issues with the sales department, Mr. Rodriguez who was extremely rude. But the customer service and rest of the staff were absolutely amazing, shout out to Veronica who took care of any concern I had during my stay from the minute I arrived until my departure. She really kept me grounded. Karen was extremely helpful in arranging our excursions and our outings. Erik and Oscar were our super star waiters at Andrea’s restaurant. They would have our table ready with our drinks every morning and even during lunch. Even towards the end of our trip when we became ill, they would get us soup to calm our troubled stomachs. They treated us like family and that I will never forget. Room service and cleaning staff was stellar even up to taking care of our laundry. It was amazing. They maintained every aspect of the hotel cleaned inside and out. The staff sang “Happy Birthday” for my friend and prepared a wonderful cake for her. We did a massage on the beach….so worth it! It was a great experience to hear the ocean and enjoy a full body aromatherapy massage.
My concerns were the following: internet connection was poor and they actually charge for the limited connection (go to Starbucks for free wifi). My room had a great view but the sofa bed was so hard and uncomfortable but they really tried to make it comfortable for me. The gym was more like a work station (2 bikes and 4 treadmills)…not even worth it. The pool area activities were average, loved the water aerobics-more fun than the “gym”! They need to enforce the adult pool restrictions as kids were allowed in all areas so it was a bit uncomfortable at times. Not sure why they had 3 Italian nights in a Mexican hotel, Asian and French night were ok but we only preferred to eat at Andrea’s because the other “Steak house” was not good. The staff were not as friendly as Andrea’s but they had good desserts. It was a very muddy beach... all the erosion from the mountains (dirt, plants, etc) came into the area making the water brown and full of twigs and plants along with really rough waves. July and August are rain season so you can’t really get around it. The flies were EVERYWHERE in the restaurants and the staff really tried to address the issue but it was so overwhelming for us. We got sick towards the end of our trip and we were unsure if it was food or water related.
Despite it all, we had a good time and I would visit again....but not for awhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta