We have been enjoying this outstanding resort ever year since 2006 at a different time of year; the weather has been pleasant mid November thru first week in May. We have found two weeks is a good amount of time for the visit.
Guest transportation greeted us with a bottle of water at the airport, as they have 8 other visits. Resort is less than 10 minutes from the airport.
Victoria was ready to check us in upon our arrival, as soon as she offered us cool wash cloths and took our drink orders! Rooms were ready upon arrival.
Throughout the 14 days, both Christian and Victoria were very helpful.
Suggestions: WIFI is high dollar, this has been a long time disappointment at Velas, perhaps provide complimentary, as most hotels and resorts or substantially reduce the rate
Use the condiment packages for the room and pool service, not for Andrea's and La Ribera.
Velas offers supreme menus, would enjoy a cooking class at Velas as one of the daily activities.
After checking in, as you walk thru the lobby you will be approached by the "timeshare ladies". Choice be your's, if you want to attend a sales presentation they will set it up for you, anticipate the 30 minute sale presentation to consume not less than half a day, chances are you will leave with no other perks than what you received when checking in. We choose not to taint our vacation and no matter what the ladies chant to us, we say "no and do not ask us again". Works for us every time. We are happy with our membership and not interested in any changes.
Many paths to wander around the beautiful gardens and three pools. Enjoy the garden view from the cardio room, Andreas and balconies. Groundskeepers work diligently to maintain the tropical garden.
Room service is often within 20 minutes, server will set up an eating area of your choice in the unit. David is our favorite room service waiter.
Over the years we have become acquainted with many of the staff and they greet us each year as we arrive in their service areas.
Christian, by the pool and Mexican Fiesta, seems as though he has endless energy, we enjoy his fun personality.
Christina at La Riberia takes great care of us and she tries, daily, to teach us different Spanish words. Great menus at La Riberia, particularly fond of the lunch wok station.
Favorite pool waiters are Jacinto, Saul & Eric, they all take very good care of the guests
Everyday, breakfast, lunch and dinner at both Andrea's and la Ribera restaurants choose from buffet, menu or both
Sunday night is Mexican Fiesta night, grand buffet style dinner, cultural dance show with audience participation. Marvin is a favorite server at Mexican Fiesta.
Andreas is truly gourmet dining AND service, casual ambience. Captain Omar oversees the restaurant and is certain his guests are served with excellence. Our favorite waiters at Andrea's are Erick & Enrique. We very much enjoy the evening piano bar and the theme menus. Taste the delicious soups, waiters will serve the soup and buffet items at your table.
Good information provided while speaking with Donald, Guest Services. Wish we had chatted with him in previous years. We had questions about future stays and accommodations, Donald had all the answers.
One of our most memorable excursions was the Sunset Sail on Boat #4 with Johnny & Julio. We enjoyed it so much, we went once each week.
A must, the spa, staff offers excellent service, indoor or at the beach.
The maids, many with limited English, clean the rooms daily and provide nightly bed turn down as they tidy up the room once again
Read on Expedia that robes, slippers and room massage were included amenities, have to say, this has never been offered to us, not sure if information is correct.
Also read about "elegant" bathrooms, perhaps on Velas website. We have experienced elegant bathrooms in the lobby, our unit bathrooms have always been clean and sufficient, not elegant.
The kitchen/refrigerator is stocked daily with refreshments, water, cereals, call if you want a refill of any item.
There is a small mini market on the property, bring your floaters (you will enjoy a floater at Velas) inflated for 50 cents.
Over the years, we have had some minor issues during our stay, all were quickly resolved.
Velas Vallarta is truly "our happy place"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet á la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta