Went to this resort on a Time Share exchange...It's suppose to be a "Mandatory" all inclusive, however, we met people who were there that didn't pay the all inclusive. They state they have 3 restaurants, but they only have 2 and it's basically the same food night after night. We had a 2 bedroom and apparently, it requires 4 adults and we only had my husband and I plus our 2 kids, boy and a girl; one teen and one tween. They made us pay the adult rate for the kids. They said we wouldn't have to pay it in a 1 bedroom...guess they don't think anything wrong with the kids sleeping together...I didn't several years ago, but, in my opinion, they are too old for that. I got food poisoning the 4th night we were there from room service and the next day, my husband said there were about 4 others. They provided me with Electrolite and that's it. You are required to wear wrist bands. Kids say "No Alcohol" right on them, but my son was served 2 times! These are also great magnets for the "Time Share" bandits in the city. They will make you think they know you and have met you at the resort, then when they've talked to you for about 10 minutes, the time share card is thrown on the table...just walk away.
The resort is beautiful. Grounds are well maintained and staff is attentive and friendly, but we've stayed in Mexico for A LOT less money than what we were charged here. Will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta