We recently returned from a week's stay at Velas Vallarta with our two children 15 and 13. Originally we were booked in a one bedroom suite on the first floor but choose to upgrade to a two bedroom suite on the fourth floor and glad we did. The views from the fourth floor on up are nice so you can see over the vegetation and see the ocean and better views of the sunsets. we were in building #3 which people we talked to at the resort said it is the nicer building, and the sunsets were amazing, but there was no warm morning sun on our balcony until about 3pm. So you may have to choose, do you want morning sun with your coffee or awesome sunsets with your margarita. We liked that both bedrooms had doors that opened onto the balcony but thought the living/kitchen area was very dark and could use some more light. The othe room thing is they did have some pop, water, and beer in the refridgerator but no hard alcohol in the room. (just FYI)
We found the food to be OK nothing amazing, I did like the surf and turf but my wife thought the meat was a little salty. The menu didn't change a lot and maybe it was because the resort was only half full. Kids always enjoyed the breakfast buffet and I do miss the orange juice.
The grounds are really nice and well maintained and everything that everyone says about how well taken care of is true.
There are three pools and we spent all of our time at the activities pool, but the middle pool was the warmest.
The staff is great and very accomodating, from pool side drinks and lunch orders to tweeking the dinner menu every effort was made to make sure everything was done right and the way you wanted.
The beach front was disappointing to us because everyday was a red flag day eventhough the waves were minimal, after day three we saw other people in the water so we tried it and it was fine. But lots gravel, you have to walk out about waiste deep to get sand. We saw better beaches on the south side of Puerto Vallarta.
Location is close to the airport about five minutes away you could hear the jets land and take off but not too noisy. But we were further away from down town than I thought we were.
All said and done would I return? IF I was traveling with family's with kids probably would highly concider it because its safe and things for the kids to do. If it was just my wife and I or us and some other friends traveling without kids, probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet a la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta