This was our second trip to PV and our second stay at Velas Vallarta. As a couple we can never figure out whether to relax and pamper ourselves or to be adventurous. Velas allows us the best of both worlds.
Our time on-site at the resort more then met our expectations. We opted for the "AI" because we knew we would generally be in early in the evenings in order to take in morning adventures. This allowed us to make evening reservations for the formal restaurant when we desired or to eat at the seaside restaurant when we didn't feel like dressing up. Both provide excellent service with tasty meals. The formal restaurant is great for the ambience and to sit and share a nice bottle of wine, plus it is air conditioned. The seaside restaurant provides a more relaxed atmosphere while still providing an upscale evening menu, but you can still get a burger if that's all you desire. A big benefit is reservations are not needed at the seaside restaurant. Both restaurants are available for breakfast and lunch on a first come, first serve basis where you can order off of a menu or chose the buffet line, neither is a bad choice.
The staff at Velas are generally very helpful, more so when you approach them for assistance - don't be bashful, just ask. The public staff is there to help as needed and more than willing. Some of the more discreet staff are friendly but tend to be more reserved but they too are responsive to your needs if approached.
The grounds of this resort are almost always pristine and you would be hard pressed to find anything in disarray. Clean and inviting always adds to a good retreat or vacation.
There is a conceirge desk and a tour desk available to meet your needs, both with good hours. At the conceirge area there are computers available for use (at a fee). The resort also has an on-site spa and a small fitness room (ellipticals and treadmills), we used both. The fitness room will limit your time if others are waiting but we managed to almost always get in a 45-60 min workout, when we couldn't we just hit the streets for a good walk.
The resort is located near the airport and marina, a good distance (not adviseable to walk) from the downtown. The seaside in this area has a number of otherresorts while the rest of the area tends to be residential. The area is quiet and free from the party atmosphere of downtown, but if you are inclined its only a 10-15 minute inexpensive taxi drive away. The nearby marina also hosts a number of very good restaurants and small shops.
If you are looking for adventure PV is zipline heaven. We have been to many zipline courses around the world but have never been dissappointed in PV as there are a host to chose from. There are also many watersport activites; we've been whale watching, snorkling and diving in PV. There are also tours into the countryside to see some small villages and/or go 4-wheeling. Plus the added bonus of being in the state famous for aqave from which is distilled tequilla.
We travel all over Mexico and Central America and we have found Velas Vallarta to be a great place to stay. Large enough to provide for you needs, but not so large as to have to stand in a queue for meals or other activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet á la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta