Our 8-day stay was almost perfect. The service was great! All of the staff spoiled us and exceeded our expectations. They were all genuinely friendly and eager to help.
One employee was exceptionally outstanding. Her name is Reynalda Duarte and she is a waitress in Rivera. She made us feel so comfortable and welcome! Reynalda has a great personality, is a charming conversationalist, and gave us absolutely perfect service. All of the staff were very good, but Reynalda was the best and quickly became a friend with her wonderful personality! On the resort's evaluation form, we nominated her for employee of the month, she deserves it! Please tell her Edwardo and Patricia will always remember visiting with her, and hope to see her again next year!
Also noteworthy at Rivera is Samuel, who gave us a great performance with his flaming Mexican coffee presentation!
The room was spacious and clean. It had everything we needed for our stay. However, we had to have some things repaired: one coffee maker, two wall thermostats, and one air conditioner. This was too many problems, and was noted on the resort's evaluation form.
The location and amenities were fabulous! We spent a great deal of time near the beach and at Rivera, the restaurant on the beach. The two restaurants at the resort and the room service all offered exceptionally good food. We dined like a king and queen!
Most importantly, we felt safe. It was our first visit to Mexico and we were a little apprehensive of international travel. However, we quickly felt at ease! We liked the beach location the best. It was beautiful!
We liked an event the resort hosted the least. Quaker State Company held a 2-day event at the resort . Saturday night May 7th it went on too late into the night and was too loud! Worse yet, some of Quaker State's guests were very inconsiderate of other guests! All night near our room they sounded drunk, yelled, sang, and blew their Quaker State horns. We called and complained to Guest Services a few times between 12:30 - 4:30 AM but the noise continued. We could not sleep. That night was terrible! I noted this problem on the resort's evaluation form. We will not stay there again if Quaker State Company will be there.
- Also Known As:
- Velas Vallarta Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta
- Velas Vallarta Suite Hotel
- Velas Vallarta Suite Puerto
- Velas Vallarta Resort
- Velas Vallarta Puerto
- Club Velas Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Velas Vallarta, one of the most established resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and find the tropical beachfront oasis you have been searching for. Relax and enjoy quality time with those you care about most as you enjoy the benefits of a true All-Inclusive resort. Absolutely everything is included- a spacious suite, gourmet á la carte meals, a full in-suite dining menu, our excellent Kids Club, nightly entertainment and everything in between.Take a break from building sand castles to enjoy some of the best hamburgers around during a leisurely lunch by the pool. Take a siesta after a day in the sun and freshen up for an elegant family dinner followed by a stroll through the gardens to enjoy the evening breeze. Sample a premium tequila and treat the kids to an extra dessert- it's all included and it's all high quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, JackRabbit Systems, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Velas Vallarta Suite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.