“The Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Torre de Oro

You added Hotel Torre de Oro to your Saves list
Hotel Torre de Oro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pulpito #138 Col Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico (Formerly Abbey Hotel)   |
Ranked #67 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Chicago, Illinois
“The Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had the very best stay at my favorite hotel recently from April 8 to April 22 2015. If I walked as slow as possible, I could be on the beach in 10 minutes. Each day a large beach towel
at Reception. I had breakfast many mornings at their restaurant, and was always so very good. Luis the chef would come from the kitchen, and would mention how is everything.
The hotel is so immaculate. My suite was always the best, and so clean daily. I would also like to mention employees that always made my stay so great, German with his great smile and would daily ask me how is everything and I hope your vacation is going well. Also Jesus at Reception was so very eager to please, Mitchell, Fernando, were so very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel, you will enjoy do much. Rod Chicago.

Room Tip: All rooms great,
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Torre de Oro last week of January. The fees were paid before i arrived and i didn't need anything extra during my stay. GOOD: Really close to beach and restaurants, mostly fine desk staff, roomy with kitchen. BAD: fridge did not work and i called twice abt it. Open the fridge door...smells like shrimp gone bad. Tiny, dark shower...bring yer own shampoo. Would stay there again if no other hotel available.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
TorreOro, Gerente at Hotel Torre de Oro, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We always appreciate guest feedback and although this type of incidents are highly unusual I want to assure you we will look into the matter and take proactive actions.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and learning on how we did on improving the issues mentioned.
Respectfully,

German Hernandez
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

We loved Hotel Torre del Oro!! It was clean, the service was great, the pool was comfortable surrounded with lounge chairs and featured bar service. It was small and private and the perfect place to spend the afternoon after a morning on the beach.

The hotel is a short (less than a block) walk down Pulpito to Los Playa los Muertos and all of the restaurants. The palapas on the beach where you can eat and drink and go swimming and back o your table for another snack and drink. What a way to spend a lazy morning.

Room Tip: Morning sun comes in over the pool but that side of the hotel is nice for sitting out late in the da...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

At a published rate of $79.00 usd per night, its the right price for their rooms. Clean, comfortable, old Mexican style furnishings, and A/C, what more can you ask for. The service was very friendly (but professional) and always went the extra mile to make you happy. The location, in the heart of the romantic zone, but on a quiet street, is perfect for being in the center, but not dealing with the noise. I look forward to returning...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

My visit to this hotel in February 2015 was my first at this location (though it was my 4th time to Puerto Vallarta). I love visiting this city.

This hotel is in a wonderful location in PV - at least for those interested in staying and being in the Romantic Zone. Restaurants, coffee shops, and convenience stores are all on the same block. The bars and 'scene' of the Romantic Zone are just blocks away. The beach is a couple minutes walk away. You are in the middle of everything - yet not in the heart of the noise. The location of the hotel is wonderfully quiet at nighttime.

This hotel has numerous suites with kitchens and bedrooms. My next door 'neighbors' during my stay were an older American couple who were living there for a month. The wall (and door) which separated their suite from my little room were paper thin. I could hear their TV set tuned into shows during the daytime hours and I could hear and smell their cooking if I was in the room at lunch or dinnertime. During the day, it really wasn't an issue as I was at the beach or walking around town. And, later in the evening, I was out eating dinner or at the bars. However, for those times in between, when I was in the room, the fact that I could hear the next door TV and smell the cooking was annoying. Next time at this hotel, I'd ask for a room that isn't next to a suite (if such a room exists).

The view from my room was wonderful. I had an ocean view and a balcony - though the balcony is the same as the people next to me who used it regularly.

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. They really make for a nice stay at this hotel.

The WiFi worked great, even up on the 5th floor. I never had an issue with getting connected. And, the download speeds were good enough for an iPhone/iPad (I probably wouldn't download a movie or TV show, though).

I always had hot water in the shower. This was a huge relief. The toilet didn't flush well on the first day I arrived. Yet, the maintenance man helpfully showed me to hold the toilet handle down until all the water drains from the bowl. After this little lesson, I never had a toilet issue for the rest of the stay.

Overall - my time at this hotel was very good. Would I stay here again? Yes - if I can ensure that I was not in a room attached to a suite and if I could have a private balcony.

Room Tip: Request ocean-side.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

We finally arrived at this place and it was amazing from checkin to checkout. Charming Mitchell checked us in and explained a few things. The room was amazing. We had a suite equipped with a kitchen and all. Plenty of space! It's clean and quiet and the views are spectacular. The staff is superb. Also, they'll hold your key for you so when you go out to the beach or to the clubs you don't have to worry about it.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

Stayed for 15 nights and enjoyed this hotel. it was a last minute booking and couldn't find anything else. I'm glad it happened that way. The price was good and the service was excellent. I had no problem changing room when construction across the street woke me up early. Can't wait to go back again later this year.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean (west), above the third floor. Or facing the mountains facing east. It's all go...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Torre de Oro? Share your experiences!