Stayed at Hola Feb 1-8 2009. We have traveled extensively to mostly 5 star beach properties in Mexico for years and we have a new favorite, Puerto Vallarta. We were in PV for 6 hours from a cruise ship in 1994, and have things ever changed. Hola check in was very fast (5PM arrival), large nice ocean view superior room on 8th floor. The Super bowl was on so a large number of people were in the lobby watching the game on a large projector screen. Lots of great snacks and drinks, a great party going on.
After the game was over we went to dinner and we were very disappointed with the food. We knew this was not a 5 star but the first night food was not great. We are not picky eaters. We only had dinner at the Hola 2 other times and the food was better than that first night but it was not four star quality. Someone needs to show the cooks how to slice beef against the grain. They cut it with the grain so it is very chewy. Everybody complained about this. Breakfast and lunch was great and we had most of them at Hola.
The big deal at Hola is that the staff are the best, friendliest and helpful we have ever encountered. The owner was frequently present in the lobby (mornings) and asks how the vacation is going and is there anything he can do to help. The rooms are spotless and thoroughly cleaned and mopped every day. We left 20 pesos on the pillow every day and got fabulous service.
The restaurant staff were all fabulous and were high fiving and hugging guests frequently. They did not have bacon on display at the breakfast buffet but you could ask for a plate and one would show up in a few minutes.
The alcohol drinks were good but the spirits were watered down more than we have ever encountered. You just have to order more drinks. None of the bottles at the bar were unopened.
The Hola location on the beach was perfect, water was excellent and the two pools were excellently maintained.
Do not miss the beach party on Wednesday nights. It’s fun, fast and delightfully amateurish. We were allowed to go to the Le Leiche restaurant next door for dinner which I hear was very good but we ran out of time and did not go. The Gourmet restaurant in the Hola is only open 2 nights a week (Why?) and I hear was better than the buffet food.
We went on a zip line tour and a whale watching/snorkeling tour. Both were excellent, the whale watching was the best I have ever seen (6 week old humpback being taught by mother how to breach) and snorkeling was better than I thought it would be, water was warm enough for us to be in the water for 1-1/2 hours without a shortie wetsuit.
For the money I would definitely recommend the Hola and Puerto Vallarta.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club & Spa
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club Spa
- Hola Vallarta
- Hola Puerta Vallarta
- Hola Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Hola Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hola Puerto Vallarta Club
- Hotel Hola Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.100% Family. Renovated Rooms. Friendly Staff. Wide beach. Food Variety. 24-hour food and beverage program. Unlimited domestic alcoholic beverages, and non-alcoholic drinks. Main pool with children's wading area. Indoor and outdoor "Kid’s Club" with fully supervised children's activities. Gym and Spa. Entertainment room. Daily activity programs. Nightly entertainment and weekly live shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Friendly Vallarta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.