“Great resort and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Friendly Vallarta Resort

You added Friendly Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Friendly Vallarta Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 2.5 Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Friendly Hola Vallarta Resort and Spa)   |
Ranked #26 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great resort and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just finished our second stay at the Friendly Puerto Vallarta and I would go back again. the location is great - a short bus ride downtown, shopping centres nearby if you need anything. Everyone was so helpful and nice. I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Request an oceanview room on a higher floor - you can watch the sun set every night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi Lovetotravel1234567!

Thank you very much for your review! We feel flattered for everything you say. We would love to see you again, please keep in touch :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

While on vacation in PV, I went on a ziplining tour. During the jostled landings on the ziplines, my all-inclusive wristband unclipped and fell to the bottom of the canyon. When I reported the lost wristband to the Friendly Vallarta Resort, the front desk staff said I needed to retrieve the lost wristband or pay the $100 fine. They said I would not be able to eat or drink at the resort for the balance of my stay without paying the fine. I refused to pay the fine, and continued my vacation eating and drinking at the resort without a wristband. Upon check-out, the hotel's procedure is to remove all guests' wristbands and attach them to the registration paperwork. I again explained that my wristband was lost at the bottom of the canyon. They said I was not allowed to leave the resort without paying the $100 fine for the lost wristband. I again refused, and walked to the end of the resort driveway to catch a cab to the airport. They hotel manager "Jose" intercepted me and told me that he was calling the police, and that I would be refused boarding of my flight back to Canada, and would be detained by the police at the airport. Although frightened with this threat, I successfully checked-in for my flight, passed through security and boarded my flight without incident. I contacted SunWing Vacations for their help in resolving this outrageous incident with the resort, but they will not take any action. Travelers be warned - Friendly Vallarta Resort & Spa will treat you like a criminal if you lose your all-inclusive wristband!!!! The resort was great, the food was great, the staff were great - my only issue with this resort is how they treated me related to the lost wristband. And unfortunately, the threat of being thrown into a Mexican jail clouded my overall experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi HeatherFulcher!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation, unfortunately this happened with your wristband and we do not doubt of what you say. We want you to know that we are not the only hotel with this policy, but like every policy must be respected, it was nothing personal. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel despite having lost your wristband, but we regret that this has caused a bad time for you. You will always be welcome at Friendly Vallarta, for your next visit to our city :)
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this resort from January 23rd - Feb. 3rd. Friends convinced us to go with them, although we truly wanted to go somewhere else. Altogether there were 8 of us - 6 of our friends were repeat visitors to this hotel for the last 4 or 5 years. Well, what a pleasant surprise! I echo everything positive that everyone else here has stated: The food was great, the property and rooms exceptionally clean and the staff were absolutely amazing. They were genuinely happy, friendly and could not do enough for you. We particularly enjoyed their love for each other, as they were always seen to be joking and playing with one another - all the while, never missing an opportunity to serve guests. I took advantage of many activities the hotel had to offer, including aqua-size in the pool, spanish lessons and kayaking. The activities staff were so pleasant and welcoming and I would especially like to thank Carrie, Jaje (not sure of the spelling but pronounced "Yayay") and Will.i.am. These young people were continuously enthusiastic, helpful and lots of fun and they are to be commended for demonstrating to others the love of their jobs. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I have recommended the hotel to everyone when people ask: "Where did you get your tan?" In fact, 4 people I work with just booked their vacation to the Friendly this past week, as did 2 other close friends. The view from all the rooms is extraordinary, as everything faces toward the pool and beach and the sunsets are beautiful. We watched humpback whales from our balcony, several times, while enjoying our morning coffee. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest choosing a room a little higher up if you want to minimize noise from the pool and l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Laurie N!

Thank you for sharing your experience, was very nice to read. We are very happy to know you enjoyed every moment at our hotel, our goal is that all our guests enjoy their vacation. Hope to see you soon! :)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the time you step off the bus you have stepped into the Freindly zone. As the staff have you with a smile , drink and into your room, so you can enjoy the rest of the day. The is so much happiness and smiles and always something to do there. The food is all over the place as you walk around the resort. Then when you thought it can not get better you book a massage out on the beach, it is just to die for when there. From Johnny bringing you wonderful service to a double, double drink being brought to you if you wish. The only thing that is not bad is the fact they need more beach chairs as getting up at 530am to grab a spot is not what I would exspect when on holiday. Great job to the staff.

Room Tip: Room on the beach side and over the seventh floor to enjpoy the view
Hi James S!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are confident that this will be helpful to other people. We thank you for your suggestions and value your opinion. Feel free to visit us anytime :)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

, Our th time back to this hotel, the name says it all. Our visit was from Jan 25-Feb 9, 2013. We love coming to this hotel, the staff is all very friendly and helpful from Abraham on the beach to Double Double in the restaurant. They do their job with a smile and make you feel welcome for your whole stay. The rooms and premises are kept spotless. It is close to everything. The beach is great, the food is good and we will most definitely be going back. You can even pick your own bananas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi Nellstercat!

Thank you very much for your recent visit, it's good that everything was perfect during your holiday and that our staff treated you like you deserve. Hope to see you this year again :)
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We just came back from a 1 week stay (Feb 1 to 8) at the Friendly Vallarta. The name is appropriate and all staff really go out of their way to be "Friendly". The food, liquor and accomodations were as good as I have had anywhere in my travels. It is well located in that one can get downtown on a local bus for 6.5 pesos or 50 pesos gets you a cab there. The Malecon has been greatly improved in recent years and you can't beat the $1.00 Coronas or Margaritas at places like the Sea Monkey or Cheeky Monkey. We will definitely be going back to this place!

Gil - Brandon, MB

Room Tip: The lower floors in the main tower can be a bit noisy in the evening....but fine after 11pm.
Hi Gil V!

Thanks for everything you say about us, for us our greatest reward is knowing that our guests enjoy their stay. We will be waiting for you :)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived Jan. 23 and left Feb. 6/13. The weather was sunny and hot every day. The staff were especially friendly when they found out that we were return visitors. Some even remembered our names from 2 years ago. Feels like home. The entertainment theatre was my favorite. We will go back in an instant. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so enjoyable. The water arobics, massage, restaurant service was #1, both at the buffet,the beach and the Gourmet, maid service, internet service, etc. (Pillows were a little hard)

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor by the hot tubs. Great location to everything. Noise ended about 10pm...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi 1AnnieB2!

Thank you very much for sharing this experience, we are happy that everything has been perfect during your stay, please come back soon! :)

Been to Friendly Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!