“Summer get away.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Friendly Vallarta Resort

You added Friendly Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Friendly Vallarta Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 2.5 Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Friendly Hola Vallarta Resort and Spa)   |
Ranked #31 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
merritt
“Summer get away.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great service by the friendy staff. This was a very cheap trip as it was summer but weather was great. Thunder storm every night with the weather in the day time sunny and calm. The ala carte restaurant was really cosy with great food. We were in a room on the 12th floor so it was very quiet.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter as the night club runs most of the night with loud music.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi scooter9!

Thank you so much for your review, we feel really flattered. All your words are a great reward to us. We hope to see you soon! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just got back from a week at the Friendly and will come back for sure. This resort was recommended by friends who have been to this resort about 5 times. The staff was so friendly, helpful, upbeat, and ,many I got to know as friends the week I was there. The location is great as close to the airport, 10-15 min or less ride, and close to the Malacon(sp) same distance. Good food, fun atmosphere and a mix of ages which makes meeting people that more interesting. Lots to do, great beach, pools are awesome, activities in resort and out. Got to see whales and dolphins swimming in the water right in front of the resort. I would recommend this resort to all of my friends, and I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in the main tower, a little noisy but otherwise great,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Terri M!

Thank you for trusting us and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We value your opinion and we are delighted to know that soon return. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, that is our greatest reward. See you soon! :)
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have just returned from two weeks in Puerto Vallarta, with one week at the Friendly. I have to say that it lives up to it's name. The staff is friendly and accommodating. If something wasn't on the menu, they would do what they could to find it. The food was good (not gourmet) and plentiful. Our room was simple, clean and everything worked. The only issue would be that a ceiling fan would be a welcome addition as I prefer fresh air to air conditioning. I will certainly return. There were a lot of chairs on their large beach area, as their location was not as hurt by recent hurricane as some of the other hotels in town. The location of this hotel is great as it's a short bus ride to downtown and the views of downtown at night are great, as well as the views of fireworks from the Marina in the other direction. There is night life noise, but we found it ended at a reasonable hour. We were in room #2117: there is a large tree right outside so there's not much of a view of the beach or pool but it certainly had privacy!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi CherBearNanaimo!

It was wonderful for us to read all about your experience with us. Thank you for sharing this review, it will be helpful to others. We are pleased to know how much you enjoy our hotel. Please feel free to come back anytime! :)
Steinbach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just enjoyed a 1 week stay at The Friendly Vallarta Resort, and would definitely visit again! The service was FANTASTIC, over and above what we expected and looked forward to our daily visits from our favorite server, Sergio aka "Double Double." The food was excellent, the rooms and pool area was very clean and well maintained. We also loved the location, being just a short bus ride away from downtown. The only downsides we came across during our time there (which were very minimal) were that the beds were a little on the hard side and the WI FI was very hit and miss. No complaints otherwise! We felt we got a very great value for what we paid and loved our time there!

Hi Candace F!

Thank you for sharing your experience, was very nice to read. We are very happy to know you enjoyed every moment at our hotel, thanks for your recommendations are important to us. We hope to see you soon! :)
Maple, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just got back from a week trip at puerto vallarta with my son and 4 others.We were there from Jan 7 to 15 and I can't wait to express how spectacular puerto vallarta is. We stayed at Friendly hotel and the reception we received from the staff was beyond awesome friendliness and I can say that they stand by the name of their hotel. The food was delectable and service was great. The shows that was rendered at the hotel every night was epic specially the cirque de soleil that was amazing.Thanks to Noli tours for treating us golden guest...We'll definitely return to this hotel...highly recommended

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi ivy l!

Thank you for sharing your experience, was very nice to read. We are very happy to know you enjoyed every moment at our hotel, our goal is that all our guests enjoy their vacation. Thanks again for everything you say in your review :)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just returned from a one-week vacation at the Friendly Vallarta (Jan. 12-19). This was my 3rd time that I chose to stay here out of five visits to Puerto Vallarta. I chose this resort because it was the only one in the past that both my wife and I have ever returned to for a second visit. Unfortunately, my wife passed away 5 months ago and one thing that I chose to do to honor her is to return here once again to relive so many fond memories I have of us being here.
We have always enjoyed the friendliness of the staff at this resort. It is no wonder that so many reviews refer to this fact as the #1 reason to come here. They come to know you personally in no time at all, and go out of their way to see how things are going whenever they see you. I was dealing with a great deal of saddness with the recent loss of my wife and they showed so much compassion and took the time to talk to me to make sure I was handling it OK. In particular I want to thank Jasmine for the time she shared with me to make sure that she could brighten up my day.
Another great reason to chose this resort is the location and the views. All rooms are ocean-view and the higher you go the greater the view of the beautiful beaches of Puerto Vallarta. It is also very close to many other ammenities and sights either by walking or a short bus ride.
My third reason for highly recommending Friendly Vallarta is the ease of meeting new friends at the resort during your stay. Part of the reason for this is that so many guests are return visitors and they love to check with others to see if this is their first time or if they have been here before. Considering that I was alone this time it was very important for me to be able to connect with others during my stay, and I came to enjoy the company of many and I am thankful to them all.
So, to all the staff at the Friendly, thank you for a wonderful time and please keep up the great reputation you have rightly earned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi KenP487.

First of all, we are sorry for your loss, it was a pleasure for us to share beautiful moments with you. Thank you for sharing your experience it will be really helpful to others. Your review is marvelous and we feel very flattered to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Feel free to visit us anytime :)
imacsal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was looking for a GREAT AFFORDABLE all inclusive vacation for myself and my girlfriend (Jan 8 -15) and we found it at the super friendly, Friendly Vallarta Resort.

Yes, the resort is not brand new, BUT if you are going on a vacation with a budget and want a beautiful, RELAXED, fun time with lots of delish food to choose from and unlimited drink, with genuinely friendly staff - then this place is for you.

The size and energy of the BEACH as this resort is one of the best I saw from walking the shore for a mile or so.

Waiters are always happy to bring you drinks and food. There is always fun to be had on the property as they have almost hourly events to watch or be part of.

Some of the super friendly staff not only dance and entertain but teach some of the hourly activities such as yoga, learn Spanish, water volleyball, water aerobics fun, cooking and bracelet making to name a few.

William remembered our names after first meeting us on day one. A cool relaxed and helpful staff makes this place great.

I took my first bracelet class here on the beach and Susana gave me some instruction. I told her I was making it for my 9 yr old daughter. It didn't look great since it was my first time (although my daughter loves it since daddy made it!) and Susana walked over to me that night, just before she was getting ready to perform and gave me a bracelet that she made to also give to my daughter.

Sweet, fun, relaxed people can get you into vacation mode fast. : )

Some days we left for a large part of the day and some days we just chilled out on the beach.

I might suggest to the front desk manager that for first timers the front check in person take a 5 min presentation and shows a map of the property - to show guests all the choices they have such as where to eat, where to get free refills for purified water for your room, where the activity boards are, upcoming evening events, the fact that you have a theater and other details.

Thank you Friendly Vallarta Resort from both me and my Girlfriend for a great vacation!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Friendly V, Gerente at Friendly Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi imacsal!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are very pleased to know that everything was perfect during your stay. We are so glad to hear that you were treated like you deserve and you enjoyed every detail in our hotel. Come back soon! :)

Been to Friendly Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!