“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort

You added Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort to your Saves list
Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Paseo de la Marina Sur S/N esquina Vela | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48335, Mexico (Formerly Embarcadero Pacifico Hotel & Villas)   |
Ranked #54 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, California
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I bought this trip on groupon for my best friend & I for a summer vaca at the end of June 2013. We had a great time even though the weather wasn't the best. The staff was amazing, very helpful & informative. The food was what you would expect at an all inclusive. The restaurant was the best food & I highly recommend eating there. The drinks weren't that strong, so you had to order them that way. Strawberry margaritas were very popular & they were often out of the mix. Every room has a balcony facing the pool/marina & I very much enjoyed sitting there at night enjoying a drink & the view. Thanks again!

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view. The do not have block out shades. Tile floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Union City, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My best friend and I came to this resort to celebrate her 21st birthday and most of our vacation was great. the people seemed friendly and the exterior of the hotel was nice. We were happy with our room, however, housekeeping walks into your room whether you tell them to or not, which we found out the hard way one morning while we were sleeping. The woman knocked a couple of times and even though I told her to hold on because I was going to open the door, she barged right in anyway. Also there was no phone, the tv picture was static on every channel, and there is definitely a bug problem. I was lying in bed on my iPad and a cockroach crawled right up next to me. There is also and extensive ant problem in the rooms and throughout the rest of the hotel. Despite these issues, we were enjoying ourselves. However, it all came crumbling down the night before our last full day here when $160 was stolen from us in the safety deposit box in our room. The room did not seem to be broken into while we weren't there and the safety deposit box did not seem to be broken into. The only time we would leave it unlocked was when we were in the room. Because of that, I believe someone robbed us while we were sleeping, which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! When the situation was brought to the managers attention, he had nothing but stories that simply DID NOT make sense. A great vacation gone EXTREMELY wrong. We would NEVER come back and don't recommend anyone else to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

From day one the staff was amazing...from our service at the pool bars to the dining room, and especially Armando and staff in the Italian Restaurant. The food was good and had good variety day to day. I am a manager in the hospitality field and very critical of service... the staff of the Vamar was exceptional not one complaint about service in the six days we were there. Our favorite employee was Louis the dining room manager...we had an unfortunate event happen on one of our excursions that put us back at the resort past lunch service and we came in contact with Louis and he said "don't worry you are home now and I would be happy to get something together for you" and he continued to seek us out during our stay to make sure we were being taken care of!
Amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Vamar and loved it. We are from Seattle and loved spending time in a place that was made of of down home Mexican guests and outstanding Mexican Food. We loved the planned activities that they had every day and night. We loved seeing how much the kids loved the place. I loved the variety of pools, big ones adjacent to the Marina at the hotel and the ones at the beach where we had fabulous seafood entrees and lots of drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic. We paid for a package deal that included all meals and beverages. My wife loved all the fresh cut local fruits for breakfast. I loved the Mexican entrees and for breakfast always had my favorite omellete prepared right in front of me.
There was one server that my wife wanted to me to mention for a special shout out for his oustanding service and show of hospitality. She is a Spanish teacher in Seattle and has a knack for knowing good people with big hearts and Humberto was just that. I liked the service at the desk. Very fast and friendly. My favorite night was on Friday night with a Cuban band singing some of our favorites.
We will be back again!!! We loved it.
Micheal and Coco.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

7 min cab ride from airport
Staff was good. Some speak English some don't, to be expected as this is Mexico. They will do their best to communicate with you.
From what I understand there are two distinct seasons.. american college season and locals season. July was locals season. For every adult I would say there was at least 4 or 5 kids under the age of 5. If you don't want to spend your vacation with a bunch of tiny children I would not reccomend this hotel.
Drinks were as promised. I don't think they water them down as some have suggested below. Front desk will give you bottled water if you ask.

Buffet food was alright. You can tell they are cutting corners here and there .. juices taste like they were made from powder and the coffee was instant decaff. Italian restaurant was the best but is reservation only. Didn't get to try seafood restaurant. Food was slightly different everyday which was nice.. I ate everything ..never got sick.

The room was cleaned once a day. The toilet leaked and our light was broken. They put the two of us in 2 Queen beds instead of 1king. No big deal, I'm sure they would have switched us if asked. Generally the noise stops around 9-11pm so you can try and get some sleep on the stiff mattress. They also have a kitchen in the room. For those of you who travel with pots and pans this will be great.

The area is nice, you have to walk across 1 minor st to get to the beach. There really is no beach at this resort during high tide..but a 10 minute walk and the beach opens up. The resort is right next to the marina which is nice if you sailed here or plan on renting a boat. Beware, that like many other places in vallarta, the marina is chocked full of time share and people trying to sell you stuff at every turn.

Generally, this hotel is fine if you don't plan on spending all of your time here. Go out and explore the city. Can't say anything about college season but local season was very kid heavy.

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First off, loved the service and hospitality by the wait staff. Armando was our guy. Took care of us during the day and at night. The reception desk was ok too. I called needing an extra blanket....because they give you one tiny one in our room...and it took me three days to get one. However, we did get upgraded to a villa, since there were no other rooms available. The villa has An amazing view of the ocean, two bars and pools outside of my door. Now the not so good...the food was not the best. The Buffett had a very weird assortment of food...no Mexican food, which is why I came right?! The pool bar food was ok....best food was at the Italian restaurant, which requires you to make a reservation at 8am the morning of! The drinks were not strong so I kept tipping and hoping I would get stronger drinks. Also if you are a night owl, like we were and wanted to get a quick drink, there was only ONE bar open after 5pm which was WAY on the other resort for us. Also every morning we have been here there has been either construction or yard work, right next to our room, starting as early as 7! Also if you are going to escape, without kids, don't come here...they are EVERYWHERE!

• Stayed July 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The resort was reasonably clean and well kept. The hotel staff was absolutely outstanding. We were a group of 4 vegetarians so the food options on the standard menu were limited. They would prepare customized dishes for us each day and ensure that the quality and taste was to our preference. The staff was extremely accomodating, friendly and hospitable.

The amenities at the resort were not exceptional but the staff, price and location (centrally located and well connected to all touristy spots) of the resort made up for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vamar Vallarta All Inclusive Marina and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!