“Friendly staff, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mercurio

You added Hotel Mercurio to your Saves list
Hotel Mercurio
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Francisca Rodriguez 168 | Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Atlanta,Georgia
“Friendly staff, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just stayed here in February. It is in a great location in the Romantic Zone, just up the street from the new Los Muertos Pier. Close to the gay beach and near many good restaurants. We had booked a king room, there was no room available on first or 2nd floors the day we checked in, so they put us in a double bed room for 2 nights until a lower room was available. We had problems sleeping the first night as the air conditioner above the bed starting leaking and making a horrible noise, then ice started dropping out. the bathroom shower also needed some upgrading. The next morning, we decided to take the king room that was available on the 3rd floor. This was a much better room, almost twice as big as the 2nd floor room with 2 double beds. this room has a king bed with a mini fridge. The shower was better also. It has high ceilings. The room we had was in the corner, away from the noise of the pool. There was some periodic noise from the air conditioning unit rumbling outside of our room. You can tell Hotel Mercurio has seen better days, but they are gradually renovating the rooms. They plan to put in a rooftop bar, but where I have no clue. The breakfast was always great. We had hoped to see the Carnival parade, but it was cancelled by the local government. My only complaint, true of most hotels that advertise as gay friendly, is they have much higher rates than other hotels of similar quality or better.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on 2nd or 3rd floor away from the pool if you need a siesta during the day. P...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Mercurio many times. It is always fun. The management and staff is great....It has nice clean rooms, a great breakfast every morning (included), and always a good time in the afternoon at the pool and bar for happy hour.....Great bartender too!!!!!! I'm always feel right at home and I recommend to anyone gay looking to have great times in Puerto Vallarta!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Canfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff is friendly and attentive to your requests. The rooms are very simply furnished with a hostel feel. The location is great and within walking distance to the beach, clubs, restaurants and all the Zona Remantica offerings. They offer a good happy hour and morning breakfast. The breakfast is simple. Their best asset is the location. If this hotel was in the states, you would not stay here. It is out dated and in need of a complete make over.

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant. The pool side rooms can experience some noise. Our room was street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

i go to Puerto Vallarta about 5 times a year and always stay at Hotel Mercuio. The staff is out of this world English and Spanish spoken..I would never stay anywhere else......I just returned again from 13 days staying at Mercurio and i want to thank them for making me feel right at home. I have to be honest and did not want to write a review because i wanted Hotel Mercurio all to myself.......

Most hotels at homophobic such as Los Arcos and you can not even bring an American Friend to your room EVER unless they are staying there.

Room Tip: pool is great, if you want really quiet request the king room facing the street.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just returned from a short stay at Mercurio in PV. The hotel is a pleasant place to stay. It's location is great. The staff are very helpful. Breakfasts are great and very social. Alex at the front desk is a bit cool but not pretentious. The manager is always around and helpful. You gotta like a hotel that has a board posted for all employees with an organization goal and specific steps to achieve that goal outlined. The rooms are plain but comfortable. They are very clean. The bathroom is the most outdated part of the room but it is maintained and clean. The management readily admits in their in-room guide that they are pouring profits into renovating the hotel and you definitely see evidence of that. Hopefully, bathrooms is high on the list. Unfortunately, I had to leave early because I injured myself on one of the gay day cruises (it should have never gone out knowing how bad the ocean was and I will review it separately). Back to Mercurio - they understood my situation - and allowed me to check out early without charging for the time I originally booked. I've stayed at other hotels that wouldn't be so considerate. For this reason alone, I rate them excellent. Excellent in customer service. I would recommend Mercurio to anyone.

Room Tip: Only drawback: although staying around the pool keeps out street noise, there is a happy hour every...
Eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was my first time in Mexico, I spoke no Spanish, and knew no one in Puerto Vallarta. The staff and guests at the Hotel Mercurio help make my stay fun, adventurous, and very safe. I read all the reviews, and still everything exceeded my expectations.

Every guest I met at the Mercurio had been there before and were planning to come back. I'm going back.

Chelsea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I come to PV fairly often and usually with friends. We always stay here due to location and the amazing staff.The rooms are just average, it really is all about their amazing staff and the great location. I recommend this hotel to everyone, just keep in mind, this is not a 5 star hotel, accommodation wise, but is 5 star thanks to the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Mercurio? Share your experiences!