As more and more of Mexico's hotels are becoming all inclusive, it is getting harder and harder to find a room without the expense of a few thousand added on for buffets and cheap liquor. A group of us wanted to have the option of eating in our hotel or, more likely, adventuring out into the city to see what native foods we could discover. Los Tules offered all the amenities we were looking for; large condo, full kitchen and the ability to eat and drink when and where we wanted. While it certainly isn't a glossy high rise, the flip side is that you don't have to scream over the disco music or fight for a pool side chaise lounge.
We booked a two bedroom for a group of 5 and another one bedroom for another couple. When we got there, we found that the condo had a spiral staircase. One of our travelers could not make it up the stairs. They kindly switched us to a three bedroom with a lovely beach view. Unfortunately, the third bedroom's a/c burned up and they never replaced it during our stay; the couch bed was a great option.
The on site restaurant is small, but the staff friendly and very efficient. The service around the pool was great. Our waiter remembered all our names and drink preferences.
Speaking of the pool...wow. There are eight around the property, of various shapes and sizes. Our pool was in front of the restaurant (with free WiFi) so we opted not to try the others. It was always sparkling clean, and the lounge chairs welcoming.
Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and would definitely stay there again.
One important note: the hotel will send a car to pick you up at the airport (a HUGE savings) if you book a week in advance. I am not sure if they do this with all reservations, or simply RCI owners, but it is worth an email. This is only one way - from the airport, not back.
Pros: Huge rooms sizes, beautiful deck, comfortable beds, great maid service, wonderful staff, massive shopping center across the street, easy access to downtown ($ .50 for the bus)
Cons: No WiFi in the rooms (but since we were on vacation - maybe that wasn't a con)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Tules | Mexican Resort is located within Los Tules right in the hotel zone in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. An oceanfront condominium-style resort located 2 miles from the airport and 3 mile from downtown Vallarta. Los Tules is nestled on a twenty-acre plantation of coconut palms fronting a half-mile of beautiful sandy Bandera’s Bay beach. Stroll along the brick-tile footpaths, through lush tropical gardens to your private colonial Mediterranean style condo. All rooms are designed to be used as separate units with individual entrances but can be combined into a full condominium with interconnecting doors, should the same party book more than one room. You can also enjoy our 7 swimming pools, 4 children pools, poolside restaurant-bar, 5 lighted Tennis courts and if you like golf, Puerto Vallarta's most challenging golf courses are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Los Tules Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Tules Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Los Tules
- Los Tules Puerto Vallarta