We had never stayed at Los Tules, but wanted to experience something closer to town for our second week in PVR. We typically stay at the Marina the first week. A little apprehensive, since we read mixed reviews, but decided to take the chance. We were not disappointed! The grounds are really well kept and very unique. Instead of a high rise, you have many 4 story buildings scattered among the gardens. Lots of pools to choose from--you can go to a different one every day. This is not an "activity" resort, you can really relax without the blaring music all day found at the big new resorts. The restaurant area has wifi and you can go have a drink and check your email once a day if you must. Really, you're on vacation, who needs wifi in their rooms!
Our room was a 3 BR, 4B 2-story unit with a large patio off the dining area and another off the master bedroom. Oceanfront view, even though we were exchange guests. Living room, dining room, kitchen, 2B on first floor with 2BR and 2B on second floor. Excellent A/C in each room. Charming rooms make you feel like you are really in MX, but with all the amenities. They bring you a water jug every day for drinking and cooking which is placed in a charming, Mexican crock holder. Tile floors looked brand new.
Bus stops right out front--don't be afraid to take it to town as it is totally safe. Large grocery store right across the street for your supplies and beer. Reasonable prices for having your breakfast and lunch in your unit.
We liked Los Tules so much we have booked a 3BR unit again this May. Can't wait to go there. Bonus is that the front desk staff don't hound you to do time share presentations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Tules | Mexican Resort is located within Los Tules right in the hotel zone in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. An oceanfront condominium-style resort located 2 miles from the airport and 3 mile from downtown Vallarta. Los Tules is nestled on a twenty-acre plantation of coconut palms fronting a half-mile of beautiful sandy Bandera’s Bay beach. Stroll along the brick-tile footpaths, through lush tropical gardens to your private colonial Mediterranean style condo. All rooms are designed to be used as separate units with individual entrances but can be combined into a full condominium with interconnecting doors, should the same party book more than one room. You can also enjoy our 7 swimming pools, 4 children pools, poolside restaurant-bar, 5 lighted Tennis courts and if you like golf, Puerto Vallarta's most challenging golf courses are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Los Tules Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Tules Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Los Tules
- Los Tules Puerto Vallarta