“Timeshare dominates on a beautiful view dated property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center

You added Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999 | Zona Hotelera las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Temple City, California
“Timeshare dominates on a beautiful view dated property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We stayed one week on an exchange with RCI in a one bed/kitchenette, ocean view room on the vacation club side. #1873 building D. Features:

-Large king size bed-very comfortable
Dresser/side tables/luggage rack/tv/safe/closet. Doors are in awkward places & made use of room uncomfortable.
-marble tiled bathroom with bathtub/shower combo. Walls of the tub unusually high and awkward to get in. 1 sink. Powerful compact Hairdryer,closeup mirror.
-kitchenette: 2 electric burners/tiny frig but gets very cold. microwave/utensils/blender/toaster/coffee maker. No oven/dishwasher. No countertop! Very awkward use of space. 4 seater dining table
-Living room: large with 2 sleepable twin sofa. Sheets/blanket provided. Closet/dresser. Tv and panoramic view of Banderas bay/malecon/Los Arcos. But no real sunset view-it disappears behind the other end of the bay.

Property amenities: beach front. Pool. Multiple restaurants. Laundry machines or service. Ice maker. Gym. Massage on beach. Business center. Daily maid. Daily turn down service

Pros: location. Away from noise of Malecon but within walking distance. Views. Laundry machines made the week more comfortable. Room tax was reasonable. Service from hotel staff was attentive and friendly.

Cons: 1. timeshare experience was the worse we'd ever encountered. Beyond the pressure and being passed through 6 layers of sales staff, 90 minutes that turned into 3 hours(though we repeatedly said we had to leave), and causing us to lose our planned excursions for that day, the sales heads actually tried to snow us into believing that they were affiliated with the reputable Lloyds of London. Completely false. So surprised they'd lie to our faces and expect us not to easily figure out. They are really the scam artists that you read about.
2. Tours booked through staff were also inaccurately described!! I will review each one separately as businesses, but beware do not take the hotel descriptions for accuracy. You will waste money &time and book tours that you didn't want. They also made mistakes on our pick up time and we waited for 1.5 hours with no pick up. They do nothing to apologize, or make amends and have a very "oh well" attitude.

Summary: resort is dated but staff up keeps it well. The views are beautiful but the beach on 1 side is rocky and the water doesn't seem clear or clean in this section. We never went into the beach here. The discounts timeshare gives you is not worth the time they take. Food off the property is much better & walking distance though food on the property is not bad but expensive. It's in a pretty safe area and shopping conveniences. But this isn't the resort if you want to relax on the beach and walk into pristine water. I would not return here due to that and the timeshare scam.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our first time in Mexico... We had such a fun time! The people are amazing and quite lovely! The staff were incredible. Thank you Lulu and Hector- concierge services! Sheraton Resort is fantastic Puerto Vallarta is ridiculous! I have travelled a lot and I can say that family and children are valued and the whole area is safe for a carefree vacation. Please come and enjoy. Thank you SO much for your wonderful hospitality. I will come back soon...I miss you already!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at this hotel many times since my parents have a time share at the vacation club. The facilities in general are in good shape, always have some maintenance going on which might be unfortunate. In June this year our favorite restaurant by the beach was being renovated therefore the Sunday brunch was moved indoors to a hall which is part of the convention center. The brunch was a disaster, too loud, same quality food but just didn't taste the same. Pools, fitness center, rooms, restaurants and everything else was excellent as always. I highly recommend this hotel and I understand the reason why the maintenance was scheduled in June but unfortunately I didn't have to enjoying their Sunday brunch which is awesome. The hotel location is excellent very close to downtown Puerto Vallarta, the beach though is rough but we know the area therefore we find other places to go.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Sheraton Buganvilias in Puerto Vallarto was a 5* for us. The location is great and the staff are super! The rooms are clean. The closet space is a little small for 2 weeks worth of clothing for 2 people, but we managed. We upgraded to an oceanview room and the view was so wonderful. All of the a la carte restaurants serve great meals by wonderful staff. The Palapa bar at the pool was so much fun. The Bartender, Jorge and the wait staff, Viviana, Rodrigo & Ramone just to name a few were very attentive and could not be more helpful! The concierge lady - AMAZING! She knew everything and if she didn't, she found out in a nano-second. I would easily return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone going to PV. I should add we did an ALL-INCLUSIVE package, but the hotel has many other options for packages.

Room Tip: Right now a little construction on the top floors. I would ask for a room away from construction...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Everett, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lying by staff, avoidance, don't expect to talk to anyone that knows anything except how to tell you that this service costs extra and charge your credit card here
The hotel service, unhelpful, say we were upgraded to partial ocean view, no ocean view in sight
The personal items shampoo, etc are of bad quality
No convenient power outlets
Hotel lobby/gardens looks great ruined by as the hotel rooms look terrible
Ice machine is very far away from room, and floor
WiFi is slow, must pay to upgrade
Beach is sub-par
Everything is overpriced, food is very expensive
Phone was not automatically activated
Lots of smokers, no desi smoke areas
Room smelled bad
Pools are not deep
Reserved areas for tiered customers, not even worth it.

Pro:
- Quiet
- Left a tiny cake on arrival
- Arguably a nice location, however that is not a distinguishing characteristic
- Says that water is potable

Not happy overall because of customer service and the value offered for a hotel room,

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've been to this hotel every year for the past 5 years. The location is great - close to Malecon and the ocean view is very good. It's an older hotel but rooms are very clean, most of the staff members try very hard to please you. I mentioned to the concierge, Lulu, that we are here for our 30th wedding anniversary and she surprised us by having our room decorated beautifully one evening - a bottle of champagne, candles, Buganvilias flower petals everywhere, a bubble bath and even chocolate covered strawberries! It was just so beautiful and made us feel very special. Lulu told us this is our home and just tell her if there is any issue here... Thank you for making our stay so comfortable and special!

Room Tip: Note: There is a renovation work going on so it could be noisy on the higher floor during the day...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed here before and was happy to return. As a Starwood Platinum this hotel treats me very well. I was disappointed that I couldn't get my usual 23rd floor Club room with a patio but I look forward to the new renovations when I return next year. I was in room 1806 and away from the renovation work.
I find the staff here is fantastic and they always take really good care of me. I never do the AI as there are so many choices just outside the hotel.
The time share people never bother me as I travel solo and their targets are couples. The secret to avoid the hassle is just walk and talk at the same time. They wont chase you, so answer politely but keep walking.
The location for me is perfect I use the running track across the street for my daily exercise and it is just a short walk for me to head out for my evening bar hopping and a cheap and easy cab ride home.
If you are looking for a really healthy breakfast option try 100% Natural across the street they have a large menu and everything tastes fantastic.
There really is no beach but the pool is in really good condition and always kept clean. There is no shortage of palapas around the pool either.
Housekeeping had been perfect every time. I usually find that something gets forgotten after a cleaning but not my lady she was punctual and very thorough. I wish I could remember her name. They appear to have fixed the wifi as I could use it everywhere in the hotel including out on the club room lounges at the beach.
This Sheraton is an excellent value and I look forward to my return next year.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!