We stayed one week on an exchange with RCI in a one bed/kitchenette, ocean view room on the vacation club side. #1873 building D. Features:
-Large king size bed-very comfortable
Dresser/side tables/luggage rack/tv/safe/closet. Doors are in awkward places & made use of room uncomfortable.
-marble tiled bathroom with bathtub/shower combo. Walls of the tub unusually high and awkward to get in. 1 sink. Powerful compact Hairdryer,closeup mirror.
-kitchenette: 2 electric burners/tiny frig but gets very cold. microwave/utensils/blender/toaster/coffee maker. No oven/dishwasher. No countertop! Very awkward use of space. 4 seater dining table
-Living room: large with 2 sleepable twin sofa. Sheets/blanket provided. Closet/dresser. Tv and panoramic view of Banderas bay/malecon/Los Arcos. But no real sunset view-it disappears behind the other end of the bay.
Property amenities: beach front. Pool. Multiple restaurants. Laundry machines or service. Ice maker. Gym. Massage on beach. Business center. Daily maid. Daily turn down service
Pros: location. Away from noise of Malecon but within walking distance. Views. Laundry machines made the week more comfortable. Room tax was reasonable. Service from hotel staff was attentive and friendly.
Cons: 1. timeshare experience was the worse we'd ever encountered. Beyond the pressure and being passed through 6 layers of sales staff, 90 minutes that turned into 3 hours(though we repeatedly said we had to leave), and causing us to lose our planned excursions for that day, the sales heads actually tried to snow us into believing that they were affiliated with the reputable Lloyds of London. Completely false. So surprised they'd lie to our faces and expect us not to easily figure out. They are really the scam artists that you read about.
2. Tours booked through staff were also inaccurately described!! I will review each one separately as businesses, but beware do not take the hotel descriptions for accuracy. You will waste money &time and book tours that you didn't want. They also made mistakes on our pick up time and we waited for 1.5 hours with no pick up. They do nothing to apologize, or make amends and have a very "oh well" attitude.
Summary: resort is dated but staff up keeps it well. The views are beautiful but the beach on 1 side is rocky and the water doesn't seem clear or clean in this section. We never went into the beach here. The discounts timeshare gives you is not worth the time they take. Food off the property is much better & walking distance though food on the property is not bad but expensive. It's in a pretty safe area and shopping conveniences. But this isn't the resort if you want to relax on the beach and walk into pristine water. I would not return here due to that and the timeshare scam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city’s distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton