“Good Hotel...Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center

You added Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999 | Zona Hotelera las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Orangevale, California
“Good Hotel...Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton with my wife and friends on 10 occasions, and although our previous stays were enjoyable, none could match the pleasure we experienced this year.

A disappointment experienced in previous years, was the lack of wine choices at the bars around the property. When I asked the bartender if there was another option, they said no. After purchasing the same bottle of wine each evening for the first 4 nights, I was approached by a restaurant manager who asked if I'd like see other options. He followed me back to our room with 3 different wines and performed a wine tasting for us. What a great experience! Each night going forward, he arranged for one of my wine selections to be delivered to our room.

Our favorite rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors and have large patios that look over the pool and garden. The shower water pressure fluctuates on occasion, but that is common in Mexico. They do a great job maintaining the two huge classy pools.

One the best features of the hotel is it's location. We love to walk to old town. It is just a short walk to the Grocery store, Malecon and shops. It is an easy 30 minute walk to the Romantic zone in old town. All other hotels of this caliber are way out by the Marina and Nuevo Vallarta, too far to walk.

A great value for the amenities that are available to you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear guests from Orangevale, California

Thank you for sharing your opinion after your recent stay in the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

We appreciate the recognition granted for the services you have received from our staff, specially for highlighting the personal attention of our somelier. We feel proud to have provided you with the best experience among those you have tasted in the past previous stays. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for their performance.

Thank you for contribution to the forum and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta to provide you with another best Sheraton experience.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Turkish first
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our recent stay at this Sheraton was very enjoyable!! The check in process was very pleasant....the only negative I might mention is that they made us feel like we were being greeted and treated special when we were referred to another desk (we thought was the concierge) and after quite a few minutes we realized it was a time share pitch. We said no thank you and that was pretty much the end of that. The room was very pleasant and the food was excellent. We made a reservation at one of the restaurants on the property and they asked if we were celebrating anything special. I did mention it was our 35th Anniversary. When we arrived at the restaurant that evening there was a special table for us and we were treated like royalty. They made such a fuss over us. I have to mention Adelaido Rodriguez who was our server that night. He was so nice, so pleasant and made our evening very memorable. To our surprise we also saw him at the breakfast buffet the next morning and he seated us at his table. It became our goal to try to get Adelaido's table whenever we could. All of the wait staff was very good...but Adelaido always came through with a little extra something for us to enjoy. Any business with someone as caring and professional as he was certainly is very lucky! He alone made us feel special. We would definitely stay here again. We loved the grounds and the pools and the iguanas!

Room Tip: We liked being up on one of the higher floors for the view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Gail:

We appreciate your recognition for the personal attention you received from Adelaido who took care of special dinner at our specialty Restaurant Gaviotas. Thank you for your kind consideration for all our staff, we are pleased to have contributed to the success of your 35th Anniversary.

Your remarks about the resort are highly welcome, they facilitate our ouf mission to mantain and buit up ambition to provide singular guest experience and top class superior staff performance.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Lodi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We choose this hotel because of its convenient location to the downtown area. The room was an average hotel room, very clean. We got a great price on the Sheraton website. Pool area is very nice, beach is terrible and rocky.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lodi:

We appreciate your sharing your positive comments after your experience in our resort. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their vacation. We are glad to see that our location, staff service and facilities were to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Cordially
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton for one night. Between the annoying timeshare pushers in the lobby and the air conditioning that left us sweating in the middle of the night because it didn't get cool enough, we had enough. The room was very outdated and smelled like mold. We went to another hotel and enjoyed the rest of our stay. Don't stay at the Sheraton. Its not a very nice hotel and there are plenty of other options in PV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear visitor from Seattle:

With great concern I learnt about your opinion after your experience in our resort. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction for the AA not cooling enogh, we appreciate your insight about the lobby sales staff and appropriate action will be taken to correct our current customer service approache practices.

We deeply regret we did't know your feelings while you were in our resort, we would have appreciated to have had the opportunity to recuperate your satisfaction by providing you better experience, I am sure we would have changed your feelings.

We hope you will permit us the chance to host you once again on your next visit to Vallarta and recuperate your trust in the Sheraton experience.

Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was the second time we had stayed at the Sheraton. Our room was very nice, located on the first floor near the pool (which we prefer). The staff went out of their way to help with any questions we had. Service was excellent except for around the Club pool. There were 2 waiters who seemed to enjoy chatting with the other staff and not doing their job. The only questionable part of our experience was having the iguanas at the pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear visitor from Washington:

We appreciate you taking the time to post your positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We will take into consideration your remarks and improve our staff service at the pool. In regards to the iguanas, I should add that they are protected species in Mexico, they are quiet and peaceful creatures that cause no harm, we highly recommend our guest not to feed them.

Sincerely.
Guadalajara, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I traveled with my wife and a couple to Puerto Vallarta from the 13th to the 18th of September. We made a reservation to stay at a Condo with a related travel agency from Sheraton getting a great price in exchange of attending a breakfast meeting (BIG MISTAKE)

So as we arrived to the lobby to check in, we discovered that the reservation wasn't confirmed for two condos, just for 1 room not in the Condo Area, but at the Hotel, even though I paid in advance for it.

When the front desk tried to reach the supervisor (ADRIAN) he refused to come into the lobby to face us, because he was "BUSY attending other guests, so we have to talk with him over the Hotel's phone. My friend spoke with him and Adrian stated: "I don´t have the time to address this situation, if you want to stay at the hotel you will have to pay for the room or the condo, even when you paid for it with your credit card, and since it´s too late to call the travel agency (10 PM) I can´t give you any other solution, if you want we could take care of the food and things you brought and storage it in the Hotel´s kitchen"

Facing this situation we have to pay for one night at a condo so we could storage the food, and we took the other hotel room, which was kind of far away (5 minute walk) in a rainy night. Obviously at the moment I complain over the Facebook fan page of the Hotel. ( I didn't get a response till the 18, the day of the check out!!!)

When we were about to enter the Hotel room, I discovered, the Sheraton poor front desk service, gave me a room that was already occupy with a couple!!! I was in shock. I've been in to many Brand Hotels, and this was a shameful experience! The bell boy that was helping us carrying our bags, didn't even know what to say.

So we went into the Hotel Lobby, I tried to reach Adrian to obviously complain loudly, but another supervisor addressed me. I told him the whole story and he gave us an upgrade, that I did not request. I also told him that I was a member of the Starwood Prefered Guest Program, and that the fact that they gave us a room that was already occupied was something to be really mad about, and that a brand such as "Sheraton" should be concerned about the "QUALITY" of the staff they have.

The next day, the travel agency apologized for the whole bad experience and told us they have solved everything. We attended the breakfast meeting, and did the whole tour. At the end of this, they tried to sell us a "special" package to travel all over the world for $50,000 USD, which we do not buy in part of the bad experience and because if you really use the system you could find prices higher than what you could get over EXPEDIA or KAYAK, so pretty much is a CHARADE.

As said before, I received a message from the community manager till our day of check out, which really is a huge mistake for social media strategy, specially when you provide a service and you are representing a Brand Hotel, and worst when the Staff that is working is not help full.

At the end of our stay, I could tell you that there are better Hotels to stay at Vallarta, that really train their Staff to provide a solution for any inconveniences you could have during your vacations like the Westin Hotel or Velas Hotel at the same category and price.

The room that they gave us as a way to "improve their customer service" is great (Sheratoon VIP Floor) therefore I´m stating that the level of the sleep quality and the cleanliness was great, but I wouldn't put in danger my safety and my wife knowing they gave me a previous room that was occupied with another couple.

Rick Parada

Room Tip: Sheraton Floor Level Location are the best... the rest is awful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rick:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

Thank you for your comments about the room reservation issues you encountered upon arrival, we would like to point out that, the Company who did your travel arrangements is not part of the hotel and we have not control on their staff services nevertheless, I will contact them to correct this unfortunate guest service experience. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a great trip to Puerto Vallarta that included a stay at the Sheraton. We did not choose the all inclusive option which was a great decision because I found some great restaurants nearby including an amazing organic food spot across the street which was our staple for breakfast every morning.

If you don't mind a lot of walking, this is a very good location to check out Puerto Vallarta from. We put in about 5 to 6 kilometers every day exploring the city and all it has to offer including the nightlife on the Malacon which is quite the experience. I was intrigued by some of the smaller hotels in the Zona Romantica area which is a more central location that I may try out next time.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were decent but nothing extravagant and the pool was very nice.

Internet access at the Hotel is VERY expensive so I would highly recommend taking a 5 minute walk towards the Malacon and using the family run internet place which is 80% cheaper if you need access. This was probably the most disappointing part of the Hotel is the gouging on the internet access.

All in all it was a pleasant experience though and I would return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guests from Vancouver:

Thank you for posting your comments in regards to your recent visit to our hotel.

We appreciate your recognition for your detailed comments about your experience and for highlighting the strengths of our destination we are pleased we have accomplished your expectations.

Your feedback is important to us, so we can increase the quality of our services, guest experience and staff performance.

Sincerely

Been to Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!