“Great place to stay! Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999 | Zona Hotelera las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Bed
Ranked #23 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
California
“Great place to stay! Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very nice resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was excellent with an excellent ocean view. Excellent location within walking distance to nearby restaurants and shops. SPA service is perfect. Recommend the relaxing massage. If there was anything less than excellent it was the beach in front of this resort. Its all rocks; no sand. We didn't try the food or restaurants on site so not able to comment on that. Free WiFi in room and in all common grounds; worked like a charm. Definitely recommend this resort. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: 4th floor or higher for an awesome ocean and sunset view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear visitor from California:

We are proud to received such positive comments about our caring staff, the beauty of our gardens and the excellent location of our property. Your feedback is highly welcome because it benefits our goal to increment and maintain top quality facilities, warm staff performance and the best guest experience. We are pleased you had a wonderful vacation time

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm regards

1,635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Turkish first
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great stay at Sheraton Buganvilias. I arrived at the hotel as one of the two hurricanes were hitting both costs of Mexico. In fact hurricane Manuel was due to pass over the port that morning. Torrential rain during our arrival and our taxi had trouble navigating the short distance to the hotel. Once in the hotel no worries and no fears. The staff is super attentive and friendly. Because of the rain we decided to stay in the hotel that afternoon and visit their large palapa restaurant where we ordered from the menu and opted out of the all you can eat buffet. Our food was delicious and fast. The rest of our stay we visited the buffet for breakfast twice and really enjoyed their selection and omelet bar. Pesky Time share people at the lobby by the elevators but you can avoid them and the others in town with a quick " NQ " thats timeshare code language for " Not Qualified" and works like garlic to vampires. Our first room (1202) did have the smell of mold coming from behind the mattresses and out of the air conditioner unit but were graciously moved to a new room by their excellent staff after I requested it. Hotel is at the entrance of town so many eateries and convenience stores nearby. There is a 7eleven type store called OXXO across the street that accepts dollars at a good rate. Also a great birria place named Robles two blocks inland right across from the hotel. Most car rental companies can bring a vehicle to the hotel for 100 pesos which is the same as taking a cab to pick it up yourself.

Room Tip: I was initially assigned to room 1202 but when I asked for a change got room 1416 and loved it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lernie:

Thnak youf for sharing your gratifying experience in our resort and visit to Puerto Vallarta,

We appreciate your kind commendation for the quality of our restaurant's food, friendliness of the staff and for the great time you spent in Vallarta, we are pleased we have fully complied your expectations.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings and look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently made a stop in Puerto Vallarta on my way to visit some friends in Sayulita. Though I was only about 15 miles from my destination, I decided to spend the night at the Sheraton bougainvillea, as I was a bit tired from long drive across the mountains though towns with unsusual names, like mascota (pet). I had no reservation, yet, the staff at the hotel front desk were so helpful and friendly I was immediately given a room in their Garden view section. What an extraordinary experience! I ordered a snack through their room service and just lay there, resting in total quiet, looking through the window at the beautiful garden outside. I just closed my eyes and drifted away. When I woke up the following morning, I was so well rested and full of energy that I had a hearty buffet breakfast in a palapa by the pool and was on my way to Sayulita before 9 am. It was a very short stay at a wonderful hotel, but I was so pleased with their service and quality that I will surely return in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear overnight visitor:

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided, the level of detail is an important contribution for all our frequent and future guests experiences. We appreciate your recognition for our food services, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities whicih have complied with your travelling expectations.

Your feedback will motivate our staff to maintain the quality of our service levels and guest experience.

We are willing to host you again, for a longer period of time, on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Cordially
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Puerto Vallarta Sheraton Buganvilias. We usually stay at Sheraton resorts for their top quality service and amenities. Sheraton Buganvilias compares equally if not surpasses any of the finest Sheraton hotels we have enjoyed. The staff at their Puerto Vallarta facility could not have been more welcoming or helpful, from the waiters in the restaurants to room service to the lifeguards on the beach to the gardeners maintaining the beautiful grounds. While I hesitate to call out anyone for special accolades, the wait staff in La Villita at breakfast deserve particular recognition for excellence. The food quality was also excellent, and I am pretty picky on this point.
Our Sun Terrace room was beautiful and spacious and in tip top condition. We asked to turn the temperature down in our room and it was done almost immediately and brought down to a temperature which we enjoyed.
My only complaint about the property is its lack of a lap pool. During our stay, the ocean was too rough to swim open water and all of the pools are designed such that no pool offers an uninterrupted space with parallel walls with 20-40 meters of space for lap swimming.
I played golf at Vista Vallarta, about half an hour from the hotel. What a fabulous course! It was challenging to score well (I have a 12 handicap) but endless fun to play.
All in all, this was one of our best beach trips. We certainly plan to return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Veronica:

Thank you for posting your comments on this important travel site forum after your experience at the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

We appreciate your recognition for our food services, room comfort and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.

Your feedback is highly welcome as it benefits our impulse to increment and maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent 5 nights here the first week of September which is low season in Puerto Vallarta. I'm sure the hotel feels very different November through March. There were a lot of Mexican visitors in for the weekend and during the week days there was no one there. It was nice and quiet. I had a great stay. The hotel is very clean and well kept. It's very close to downtown by a short taxi ride and minutes from the airport. I am a SPG platinum member so I stayed here because I wanted to use an award discount and I was upgraded to a very nice corner suite on the 23rd floor. The views were unbelievable. The suite had two bathrooms, one with jacuzzi tub and a glass shower looking out to the sea, a king bedroom and a large living/dining area. It felt like I had my own little Mexican apartment. On rainy days I spent lazing around in the room; it was very comfortable. The best feature was the private balcony which I used daily. All of the windows opened fully and you could see the entire bay.
With my room being on the 23rd floor I also had access to the club lounge which had daily breakfast and nightly cocktail hour which I used a couple of times.
I used the spa one rainy day with my friend and we had massages. They were ok... but good value.
What stood out the most from my stay was the staff. The service is unbelievable and they were extremely kind. I love going to Mexico because everyone is so genuine and pleasant. I would certainly recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Room Tip: 23rd floor - the higher you go the better the views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SPG member :

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. This level of detail is important for us because so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

We have read about your gratifying experience in our resort, the benefits of our frequent traveler program and the warm and sincere service provided by our staff. It is indeed our ambition to be the best hotel resort in town and fully comply with our guest expectations. We will make sure our staff knows your high esteem feelings, they will be thrilled to know your kindhearted consideration for the excellent service rendered to you and your friend.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort..

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property is a good blend of what we expect from a Sheraton but with a Mexican flavor. Rooms are spacious and floors are ceramic tile which is to be expected in the tropical Mexican environment. The meals were very good, authentic Mexican dishes and a pretty good variety. The resort is right on the beach and is located right in the middle of things.

Room Tip: If you want in-room internet access, make sure that your room is located close enough to the lobby...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Walter:

Thank youf for posting your recognition for our hotel's food services, room comfort, and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done.

Your feedback is important to us to maintain our ambition to achieve top quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We did not enjoy our time at this hotel. We staying over Christmas break last year. The floor of the rooms are cement and they are disgusting. When we walked on the floor barefoot or with socks, after walking across the room our feet/socks were black. You get harassed every time you are in the lobby by time share people. Most of the on-site restaurants are not open after 9pm. The staff is uncaring, and proud of it. The location is okay. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cameron:

With great concern I learnt about your opinion after your experience in our resort, we deeply regret your dissatisfaction: We appreciate your insight and you can rest assured, we will amend our service flaws. In regards to our sales staff, we will review our current costumer service approach procedures and sales techniques to convene with our guest expectations. Appropriate action will be taken to correct our miscalculation and prevent recurrence to any of our respected guests

I also take this opportunity to clarify that all our guest rooms have ceramic or marble floors, as we believe they are a significant part of the deccor and appearance, and a minimum standard for de luxe resorts in Mexico. It is important that future visitors have the correct information about dinner restaurants in the hotel, which are open from 6:30 to 11 PM so all our guests can have time to dine in a timely basis.

We apreciate your sharing your concerns with us and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to Vallarta.

Sincerely

Been to Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!