“Do yourself a favor.... Don't spend money on this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center

You added Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999 | Zona Hotelera las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thornton, Colorado
“Do yourself a favor.... Don't spend money on this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can't tell you how bad this hotel was. You would think that (like all other resorts) this would have a beautiful sandy beach that you could just take your shoes off in and run around in. But nooooo it's full of rocks and the minute you try to go swim in the ocean the waves will crash into you and make you tumble over. The room smelt like mold and the food was terrible. Nuff said.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Abby:

With great concern I learnt about opinion about the appeareance of beach in front of our hotel, we underestand your disconcert.

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you and our readers that Mother Nature is in charge to shape the beach appearance according to ocean tides and seasons. Some days you may find itinerant pebbles and rocks for a couple of days that will disappear the next day.
From our side, the hotel is currently doing works to the water break on our beach to ameliorate sand areas.

We appreciate the chance to be able to acknowledge your concerns and contribution to this important forum of reviews.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Sheraton is a great hotel in PV and the service was spectacular. The staff really went out of their way to make sure that everything was well done. We were there for 8 days at the Club Level and it was well worth the additional expense. Thanks Jose, Efrain and Arnullfo for all the assistance.

Of particular note, the staff were willing to suggest activities and places beyond the "Guide Book". All their suggestions turned out to be jems.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear guests from Victoria, Canada:

With enthusiasm we have learnt about your gratifying experience in our resort in our beatuiful Puerto Vallarta,

It is our ambitiousness to be the best hotel resort in town and adhere to our guest needs and expectations. We will share your kindhearted comments with our butlers Jose, Efrain and Arnulfo, they will be honored to be distinguises for the excellent service rendered to you and your family.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort..

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spent a nice time at Sheraton Buganvillas, great location and views from the hotel and really nice staff + nice rooms and the best breakfast and food in Mexico, I would like to return to Mexico and to the Sheraton Buganvillas Resort, on e of the best options in Mexico.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We just returned form a 4 night stay at The Puerto Vallarta Sheraton Buganvilias. We usually stay at The Sheraton resorte for their top quality service and amenities. Sheraton Buganvilias compares equally if not surprases any if The finest Sheraton hoteles we have enjoyed. The staff at their Puerto Vallarta facility could not have been more welcoming or helpful, from the waiters in the restaurants to room service to the lifeguards on the beach to the gardeners maintaining the beautiful grounds. While I hesitate to call out anyone for special accolades, the wait staff in La villita at breakfast deserve particular recognition for excellence. The food quality was also excellent, and I am pretty picky on this point. Our sun terrace room was beautiful and spacious and in tip top condition. We asked to turn the temperature down in our room and it was done almost immediately and brought down to a temperature which we enjoyed.

My only complaint about the property is its lack of a lap pool. During our stay, the ocean was too rough to swim open water and all of the pools are designated such that no pool offers an uninterrumted space with parallel walls with 20-40 meters space for lap swimming.

I played golf at vista Vallarta, about half an hour from the hotel. What a fabulous course! It was challenging to score well( I have a 12 handicap) but endless fun to play. All in all, this was one of our best beach trips. We certainly plan to return soon.

• Stayed July 2013
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear guest from Vancouver:

With enthusiasm we have read your gratifying experience in our resort and in our lovely Puerto Vallarta, your high opinion for our property services is most welcome.

It is our ambition to be the best hotel resort in town and fully comply with our guest expectations. We shall make extensive your comments to our staff service, particularly to La Villita's, they will be thrilled to know your kindhearted consideration for the kind an efficient service rendered to you and your wife.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband Frank and I wanted to take a short vacation to a Mexican beach last winter. We got a room at thw Puerto Vallarto Sheraton. The trip by car was smooth and free of setbacks despite our five year old van, but by the time we drove into Puerto Vallarto we were exhausted. All we wished for at that time was that we could get our room as quickly as possible. The people at the front desk were affable and eddicient, spoke good English, and before long we were lying on pur beda in a room that exceeded, by far, both our expectations.

Puerto vallarto is a place where you can walk almost anywhere. The hotel is so close to the center of town that we never had to hail a cab, not even at night, when we left one of the many bars in town after a fabulous time wirh some ex-pats we met. We had a great time, but felt dreadful the following morning, so we booked a massage session in the hotel SPA. We got the best of treatments in small cabin overlooking the ocean! Everyone should definetely try this some time!

• Stayed July 2013
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Facilities are very good, but the Restaurant area is open and a lot of fly's are around the food. On our last day my wife eat half of a fly w/o knowing since it was dead within the fruit in her plate. She did not want to make a big deal, but after that bite no more Breakfast for us!!!!!! I told the check-out person and ask me for my email? no emails as today. If you decided to stay there I highly recomend you not to include any food in your reservation. The house keeper was excellent the first two nights but after that, not the same service.

Room Tip: Since is a convention center, never know who will be there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Jorge :

Thank you for sharing your experience after your visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

With great concern I learnt about the bad experience your wife had with our breakfast buffet, please accept our most sincere apologies. For us, It is of extreme importance to look after the fresheness and hygienic handling of our food buffets and we will increase our carefulness to prevent recurrence of such unfortunate accidents.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently visited Puerto Vallarta on a business trip. I had never been there, but I had heard lots of things about the ambiance, the night life, and the beautiful beaches from friends who had visited, even lived there, before. I don’t usually believe everything I hear, so, not wanting to take any chances, I booked a room in what I felt was a hotel that wouldn’t disappoint me. I must say, I had also heard horrible stories about service in Mexico that affected me deeply, mainly because my Spanish is practically nil. Yet, service at the hotel was way better than I expected and the food was excellent. Check in and check out were easy and fast. Most of the staff are quite fluent in English, so communication was always direct and accurate. During my stay, I needed someone to come and adjust the air conditioner, which seemed no to be responding to the dial on the wall. I had expected the person at the front desk to speak English, but dreaded the possibility of trying to explain myself to a Spanish-speaking maintenance guy. As it turned out, the maintenance guy was fluent in English and after hearing my story, explained with a smile that I was turning the wrong knob. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting top-class lodging with enough extra amenities to make any business trip a little more of a vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!