“Mosca-Fly in the Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center

You added Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Medina Ascencio 999 | Zona Hotelera las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #34 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Mosca-Fly in the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Facilities are very good, but the Restaurant area is open and a lot of fly's are around the food. On our last day my wife eat half of a fly w/o knowing since it was dead within the fruit in her plate. She did not want to make a big deal, but after that bite no more Breakfast for us!!!!!! I told the check-out person and ask me for my email? no emails as today. If you decided to stay there I highly recomend you not to include any food in your reservation. The house keeper was excellent the first two nights but after that, not the same service.

Room Tip: Since is a convention center, never know who will be there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Jorge :

Thank you for sharing your experience after your visit to the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center.

With great concern I learnt about the bad experience your wife had with our breakfast buffet, please accept our most sincere apologies. For us, It is of extreme importance to look after the fresheness and hygienic handling of our food buffets and we will increase our carefulness to prevent recurrence of such unfortunate accidents.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta and provide you with the best Sheraton experience.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Turkish first
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently visited Puerto Vallarta on a business trip. I had never been there, but I had heard lots of things about the ambiance, the night life, and the beautiful beaches from friends who had visited, even lived there, before. I don’t usually believe everything I hear, so, not wanting to take any chances, I booked a room in what I felt was a hotel that wouldn’t disappoint me. I must say, I had also heard horrible stories about service in Mexico that affected me deeply, mainly because my Spanish is practically nil. Yet, service at the hotel was way better than I expected and the food was excellent. Check in and check out were easy and fast. Most of the staff are quite fluent in English, so communication was always direct and accurate. During my stay, I needed someone to come and adjust the air conditioner, which seemed no to be responding to the dial on the wall. I had expected the person at the front desk to speak English, but dreaded the possibility of trying to explain myself to a Spanish-speaking maintenance guy. As it turned out, the maintenance guy was fluent in English and after hearing my story, explained with a smile that I was turning the wrong knob. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting top-class lodging with enough extra amenities to make any business trip a little more of a vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Monrovia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After looking over many places, I decided to stay at this hotel; mainly because the location is close to downtown Puerto Vallarta. The hotel is one of the older more established hotels in the area, but it has been remodeled. The pool area was excellent, and the grounds are very well kept. Service was excellent, and the staff was very prompt and attentive; whenever we needed something they were there to offer help. We ate at the main restaurant a few times, the food was excellent; and fairly priced. Our suite had a great view of the ocean and it was very comfortable; the whole family enjoyed our stay. Getting to downtown from this location is but a short taxi ride away. As in many places in Mexico, time share presentations are pushed very aggressively; so beware.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

A bit late with my review yet have stayed at this Sheraton during the Christmas season a few times. The busy time of year does not affect this Sheraton. Location, an easy walk to downtown Puerto Vallarta, yet still away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Bus service is at the entrance of the hotel....what is better? Rooms, clean, quiet. Pool services, happily served by a crew with a smile awaiting you. Massages given by Mary Gonzalez and Herelinda Aguilor...OUTSTANDING. Restaurant's, outside hotel property a very easy walk. Looking forward to our next visit to Puerto Vallarta and yes, the Sheraton hotel.

Room Tip: Book in advance...........
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Best spot to visit in Vallarta with family 1. Changed my currency to pesos at location 2. Clean pools with great service 3. A lot of the staff spoke good English 4. Rooms had a good view 5. Bathrooms in lobby were very clean ( saving us time from going to our rooms for restroom breaks) 6. Taxi drivers were pretty much on call in front of hotel.........need help or very good trip advice speak to Andres Salazar front lobby very friendly gentleman.

Room Tip: Room 1188 was the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Frank:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments after your experience in our beautiful resort.
We appreciate your recognition for our resort caracteristics, room comfort, and for highlighting the strengths of our facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done

I will forward your comments to Andres, at the front desk, to praise him for his performace to excede our guests experience in our hospitality industry.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with great view! Serviceful people, walking distance to the Malecon area and the restaurant with delicious meals and magnificent presentation at the main buffet... I'm already dreaming about coming back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and everything was perfect. Beautiful pool, grounds, beach and food. We were always greeted when being dropped off at our hotel by someone to open our car doors for us. There was also great security at the hotel. We always felt safe. There was a free contential breakfast on the top floor with fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereals, hot tea, milk, fresh squeezed OJ and hot coffee. We always sat right next to the window and had the postcard view for breakfast every morning. Also, there was wifi and computers for guests on the top floor as well. The beach was clean and seaweed free, however the beach is made of tiny pebbles not sand. Therefore, it was a little painful to walk along. The tides were very strong, so we didn't go too deep. There was also a cabana that offered 50 minute massages. My friend got one and said it was the best massage she's ever had and the atmosphere was heavenly. It's located on a small peninsula so that it's surrounded by the ocean and the sounds of the waves.
Overall, my stay was great and I plan on taking my 3 teenage daughters with me next year and stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room. It's like looking at a postcard
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends