First trip to Puerto Vallarta although we have travelled to many locations in Mexico. This is one of the few locations in Mexico where we were encouraged to walk into town and to take the local buses.
The resort was super clean, very well maintained and the service was excellent. Tips never seemed to be expected but there was a lot of appreciation when given.
We were there on all-inclusive; there were probably more guests staying in time shares and we met many of them. Made lots of new friends. My 18 year old son met people of all ages with whom he got along including a number of university students all of whom were on Reading week like he was. I would venture to guess that unless it is a school holiday or summer break, he would not have met others his age as the hotel seems to have an older clientele due to the timeshares.
We did not go on any excursions this trip. Luckily for us, we saw whales right off shore on a number of days.
Our room had a gorgeous ocean-view, the nicest view we have ever had. The room was large and the beds very comfortable. There were never long waits for the elevator (believe me, that is an issue in some of the larger hotels).
Requests to attend time share presentations started right at the airport but as my 18 year old said, don't make eye contact and they leave you alone. Too funny!
Food was excellent too. Sunday brunch was amazing, mariachi bands and all. They do have 2 restaurants in addition to the buffet plus they held a Mexican night out on the patio. Only complaint was that they did not serve mojitos (my favourite). We were told there was no mint.
The gym was very well equipped and the fitness activities were very good. They even offered yoga.
A final bonus: you never had to scramble for lounge chairs. They were plentiful and always available both in shade and sun anytime you wanted to lay out.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city’s distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Media 8, Inc., Venere, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.