The Sheraton is one of the early high rise hotels in the hotel zone and they have done a wonderful job maintaining the grounds and common areas. It has a lovely pool area and beach front with expansive ocean views from all of the upper level floors. We are on the time share side and the rooms are getting a bit dated but still well maintained and the staff is responsive if something does not work. We enjoy the location because it is walking distance on either the beach or town to the Malecon and we like the hubbub and excitement of the crowded walks, sculptures, and buskars, the occasional exceptional restaurant and even the little dive bar where we watched the 49ers win the NFC title. We obviously bought this time share many years ago so the approach works, but I agree with the other writers that the “presentations” take too long and are tedious. Frankly it insults my intelligence not to be given a straight proposition, the pitch they made could have been summarized in 3 written pages and 20 minutes, but I guess that is not salesmanship. And they are good. By and large I would say the sales pitches are professional, we were not bullied, but it is not easy to leave and that is my main gripe. But remember, if that is smething that bugs yu, then politely refuse the "free" breakfast ot other "free" gifts and go out an enjoy the day.
However, our stay experience is good, and the Sheraton would get 5 stars if they upgraded the rooms a bit, perhaps the rental guests are getting the upgraded rooms which are now being presented as a new Sky package. The rooms on the 25th floor, if you can get them are very lovely. The major gripe is the WIFI, they clearly do not have enough bandwidth for their WIFI intensive clientele, and the connection process is clunky. This is no longer excuable in today's world and ultimately what made me take away one star from an otherwise lovely visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city’s distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton