We stayed at this hotel during the thanksgiving weekend.
The location is good. It's pretty close to the marina area, boardwalk, and old town area. And it's quite easy to find from the airport. There's a huge supermarket called Mega nearby, which is awesome to get some fruit. Also, right outside the gate, there's a scotia bank ATM. If you have Bank of America account, it's great to use their ATM because you don't need to pay the international withdrawal fee.
The pool area is nice and even though the beach area is not that big, it's still nice to have direct beach access. Some of the hotels by the marina just don't have direct beach access.
The rooms were fine. They are a bit dated. The housekeeping was ok. They didn't really clean the place that well. Sometimes they didn't even bother to wash the cups and coffee pot. The view from the room was pretty awesome though. ( we had an ocean view room)
The staff is very friendly at the front desk area. However, every morning when we walk out of elevator, there's always staff from the concierge desk waiting to sell you a tour or something. That part we didn't really enjoy much...
And at the last night during our stay, there was an outdoor wedding going on. And the music was so loud till at least 2 AM. I am happy for the newly wed couples but its not fair to other guests who stayed there and wanted to have a good night sleep. There's gonna be a better balance from the hotel part to handle this situation.
Overall it's still a decent place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the sun, the ocean, the extended landscaping, the entire exhuberant nature of the tropic from your own Deluxe ocean view room or the unique Ocean Front Club Level. A few steps away from traditional downtown and 4 miles from Vallarta's International Airport. Appreciate a peaceful afternoon stroll on renovated Malecon and savor the friendliness of the locals; admire the city’s distinctive architecture with red-tiled roofs, lush tropical gardens, cobblestone streets and the Guadalupe church.Enjoy our fine cuisine restaurants and bars, shop a variety of clothing, silver and souvenirs in the boutiques, and relax in the SPA taking an unparalleled massage in our unique cabin's next to the ocean or immersed in lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Buganvilias Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort And Convention Center
- Sheraton Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Sheraton