We stayed here for a week and had a lovely and relaxing time. We stayed on a top floor (Anita 18) but spent most of our time with friends around the private pool (Corona 6), which was glorious. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the bed very comfortable and the kitchen(s) fully equipped. The view is nice, but not magnificent since there is hotel construction immediately in front. Also, it is an urban landscape over water which is the same as I have at home, but it's still pretty. The location is convenient to lots of good, cheap food and the beach. The stairs (and hill up from town) are exhausting, but suck it up, it's good for you.
The only negative was the noise. First, from the road, which was significant even from the top floor. Down by the pool we had to raise our voices to converse. Also the balconies are practically in each other's laps so the people next to us who were up all night drinking and laughing kept us up with them too... I mean really, you can hear everything, even someone's dog's incessant squeaky toy. And even with ear plugs and a white noise machine.
I would advise people not to pay for the transportation to and from the hotel. Coming from the airport it is a collective service so you may have to wait for others (this is not stated on the website when you pay), and at $25 USD for a 20 minute ride, this is nuts. For that price you can get your own cab, even if you get ripped off it would still be faster and no more expensive. Also, on the way back all they do is flag a cab from the busy road. We had to remind them to do it on time, so really, we could have done this ourselves. If you've ever negotiated your own travel in a country other than your own, don't bother paying for this "service".
Overall, it was exactly what we needed to take a fun and affordable vacation with friends.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Anita y Corona Del Mar Hotel
- Casa Anita y Corona Del Mar Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Anita and Corona del Mar are located in the Romantic Zone in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. Our suites are just a 5 minute walk to Playa Los Muertos beach and a 10 minute walk to the center of downtown. Casa Anita and Corona del Mar are also close to grocery stores, restaurants, hospitals, pharmacies, bus routes, and shops.We offer 28 suites that can sleep 2-6 people. All of our suites have a fully equipped kitchen (with refrigerator, stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, toaster...) T.V. with cable, alarm clock radio, private balcony with a view of the bay and the city (except Corona del Mar #4), purified drinking water, daily maid service, telephone for local and long distance calls, a safe and free WIFI. If your reservation is 7 nights or more, you will also receive our free Welcome food and drink package when you arrive. Hotel amenities include: 2 swimming pools (Corona del Mar #7 also has a private pool), 3 patios with view and a hammock, free parking with night security, and 3 shared BBQ areas, 24 hour reception desk, trilingual management (English, Spanish & French), a tour desk and in house spa services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Anita y Corona del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.