My daughter and I stayed at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta from December 9 -13, 2013. We had an amazing time at the Barcelo Puerto Vallarta and would highly recommend staying at this resort.
We stayed in a Suite Deluxe / Room 1416. Our room had amazing views of Mismaloya Bay and Barcelo's lush tropical grounds and pool area. The beds were very comfortable. We left our sliding glass door open at night and could hear the waves crashing on the beach all night long. We slept wonderfully listening to the waves. We did not experience any bed bugs, and there weren't any mosquitoes in our room. We did get some bug bites during excursions in the Sierra Madre Mountains, but that's to be expected in a tropical environment. The minibar was stocked daily with 2 sodas, 2 beers, and spicy peanuts. When we wanted more snacks, we walked down to the snack bar and bar areas for fruity cocktails, chips, salsa, and guacamole, etc. Our bathroom was clean and the waterfall shower head was amazing. There was always good water pressure and hot water.
There are 4 restaurants. One buffet and three specialty restaurants (Spanish, Italian, and Steak / Seafood). The breakfast buffet offered a variety of American and Mexican cuisine. Fresh fruit. Fresh blended fruit smoothies. Made to order omeletes. A chiliquiles bar. Mexican hot chocolate. And much much more. During luchtime, we ate at Los Arcos and the snack bar. We loved the street tacos and tacos al pastor. It doesn't get any better than street tacos, a fresh salsa bar, and cold Coronas overlooking Mismaloya Bay. There was also pizza fresh out of the oven and a full lunch menu to order from (the ceviche is delicious). Dinner at the specialty restaurants was an enjoyable experience. There were lots of choices, adequate portions of food, and the quality of the food was good.
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta is 15 - 20 minutes from old town Puerto Vallarta. Taxis one way cost approx $15 - $20. Public buses are available across from the resort and charge $.50 one way. Barcelo Puerto Vallarta and Mismaloya Bay are destinations unto themselves. We enjoyed being outside of town and exeriencing Barcelo's serene, lush, tropical, and mountainous environment.
Every evening from 10PM - 12AM, there are live bands and live Latin music at the main bar. This music can be heard all around the resort. If you're a light sleeper, this may be an issue. With that being said, the live Latin music on Monday and Thursday evenings especially (The Chevre Band) played some of the most amazing Latin music I have ever heard. I love Latin music and Latin dancing. For me, going to sleep early wasn't an option. I couldn't miss the live Latin bands in the evening.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay and a wonderful experience at Barcelo Puerto Vallarta. Viva Mexico!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Barcelo, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya