We stayed at this lovely resort from 2/21-3/2. We couldn't ask for a more beautiful place to stay for our first full-time visit to Puerta Vallerta. Have been checking this resort out for a number of years and always was impressed with the setting and the resort itself. We have visited PV twice off cruise ships and 5 hours is not enough to enjoy the city and its surroundings. We upgraded to a master suite in Tower 2 (2819) and it was worth every penny. The food is plentiful and good. We tried all three specialty restaurants (enjoyed the Spanish the best). We stayed away from the main pool because of the music, swim up bar, and activities . . . enjoying the quieter pool in front of Tower 2. The staff couldn't be nicer to us! Everyone from the groundskeepers, housekeepers, waitstaff, bellstaff, and bartenders were always friendly, attentive, and accommodating. I noticed that other postings gave this resort a "bad rap" due to illnesses allegedly caused by "something." These bad reviews are far from representative and of note: many people eat and drink off property and will blame the place they stay, while many mix many drinks, as well as, eat and drink to excess. We were in the hospitality business for over 38 years as owners-managers, the management at the Barcelo have a spotless property and have done everything to prevent the spread of "Montezuma."
On to other matters, you can catch public transportation (bus) for a 7 peso ride into town to walk the Malecon and enjoy the bustling city. A short walk from the resort will bring you to Mismaloya and the Zoo. Additionally, we met amazing people, who like us, enjoyed the resort immensely. All in all we couldn't say anything but positive about our experience as I write this the day before I return to work. We will definitely return to the special place. Shoutouts to: Antonio Rodriguez (Cantina), and Maricela (Front Desk). - - - Suzanne and Greg - Arizona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya