I will say right off the start that I visited this hotel as a travel agent and took my family there for one day. We are two adults and three kids (10, 7 & 1). We went first thing in the morning to have their buffet breakfast and it was wonderful, we all enjoyed and I had a wonderful mimosa. Everything seemed very fresh, the view was beautiful and it felt very tropical in the mountains and jungle. We put the kids in the kids club as the older 2 have been in many of them and very much enjoy them. We have been at other Barcelos, so knew what to expect of the Barcy Clubs. They couldn't wait and when we picked them up they were happy and enjoyed their time.
We then went on a tour of the property and I got to see a few different rooms. I asked specifically to see some of their less desirable locations as all their rooms are pretty much the same in each category. The only real difference would be a better view in the premium category as they are higher and some amenities in the room (along with access to the premium lounge, free internet, unlimited ala cartes and a few other things). We saw all the rooms and for I was thoroughly impressed with all of their rooms. I have been to Mexico 20 plus times and seen many different hotels and these were some of the nicest rooms. They are huge for a junior suite (their lowest category) and their two bedroom suites are also big enough for my family to be comfortable with 5 and I am pretty picky with enough room for us all to be comfortable. They were huge!!!
we spent some time in the pool with the baby and we loved the tropical feeling in the pool as well. The older kids then joined us for pool time and an ala carte lunch that was great for all that we ordered (club sandwich, burger, some kind of tacos, quesadillas). I had no issues with the food what so ever and went into the premium lounge as well for a couple snacks earlier and cappucino and mimosa for me and hubby and that was nice as well.
The beach was small, but it was right beside Mismaloya beach where I had gone for a massage later in the week for $14 for 40mins. there and would highly recommend that since the spa prices at any resorty can be hefty.
We truly loved this property and are considering it for our family next year because of the large rooms and excellent food and service.
I realize that there have been alot of sickness complaints and I just have to say that we only ate there for two meals and snacks, and washed our baby's bottles and filled them with milk and had no issues. I know that's not a long time to judge, just reporting my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya