Stayed here Jan 2-9, ignored the negative reviews and had a great time. Beautiful location, not a great resort if you are a beach person. Awesome if you are a pool person though. The surrounding mountains and jungle views are breathtaking.
Carlos checked us in at the Frontdesk. Poor guy seemed to be working day and night all week but always had a smile and was very polite. Humberto was our porter and was very helpful and friendly.Julio was very efficient in helping us out one evening. Esteban at the reservations desk was also very helpful, friendly and accomodating. Had read in reviews that Claudia (frontdesk) was rude, everyone is right on that. No eye contact and never smiled, not very eager to assist anyone.
Service was great everywhere else. Restaurant and bar staff were always very efficient with the exception of one girl on the evening buffet. She handed us a tripadvisor card and asked us to mention her name here, then gave us the worst service we had anywhere. Food handling in restaurants was no better or worse than I have seen in past trips to Mexico. seemed to be a good selection of premium liquor but bartenders could use a little more training on their blended drinks.
Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable, wasn't a fan of the velcro at the top of duvet though, all sorts of hair and fuzz caught in velcro. Very gross! First 5 days we had 4 towels, 2 facecloths and a bathmat. Last 2 days only 2 towels, no facecloths and no bathmat. Made due with what we had. Fridge was stocked daily.
Didn't use the spa but we did get excellent massages just down the beach at Erica's. One hour for 300 pesos.
There is a booth set up on the highway right outside of the Hotel. The lady there is awesome! She speaks good english and will help you with directions or anything you need. Her husband has horseback riding and she also sells zoo tickets and other misc. things.
Enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya