My husband and I spent Labor Day week at Barcelo and have nothing but positive memories of our relaxing visit. The staff is friendly, genuinely warm and helpful, anticipating our need for a refill of our coffee cups at breakfast, another beer or glass of wine at lunch or dinner, and always ready to help us with our Spanish. This resort has many longtime employees, whom we remembered from our last visit two years ago, which we trust means the staff is rewarded for its hard work. Special thanks to Luis and wife Patricia whom we met repeatedly when dining in different venues.
By pure luck our visit coincided with a city-wide weekend event, the Vallartazao, with thousands of offroad adventurers descending on Vallarta by ATVs, quads, and motorcycles. We were told to anticipate another 600 guests on Friday and were highly impressed that Barcelo handled the increase in occupancy (from about 200 to 800) with ease and grace. We were entertained by the enthusiastic riders who partied around the pool, many of whom stopped to visit with us as we sat by the pool.
I found the spa service commendable, a great one-hour massage for under $50. It, like the entire resort, was immaculate.
If you go, be sure to ride the local bus to town - 50 cents each way. It's a wonderful way to feel more part of the country. The public art along the malecon is worth the walk, but our favorite zone of the city is the old town, south of the river, where the Zona Romantica feels more like real Mexico. Numerous restaurants, art galleries, and small shops are welcoming. Galleria Dante has the widest array of quality paintings and sculpture, with knowledgeable owners.
The friendliness of our neighbors in Mexico brings us back year after year. I expect we'll be back at Barcelo many times.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Barcelo, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.