“Good beach stop” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Activities: Snorkeling
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Great place for snorkeling south of the city.
34 attraction reviews
“Good beach stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food is great either with a group or by yourself. Beach chairs and drinks are part of your fee. Some snorkeling away from the beach and boats.

Visited July 2012

San Francisco, California, United States
“snorkel cruise to Los Arcos, Quimixto and lunch on Los Animas beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I can't find the company/ship name of the cruise we took a few weeks ago. The boat traveled to Los Arcos for snorkeling. It might be the time of year but the visibility was bad. They chum the water so fish come to you but you could only see a foot down and there were maybe 3 kinds of fish. There was a dead pelican in the water; luckily I saw this when I was back on the boat. Bring motion sickness meds with you if you are prone to that. There is a guy who will film everything from the boarding of the boat to the end so you can buy a video if desired. There is an open bar on the boat. They don't cut you off at any time. From Los Arcos we travelled south past PV and docked at Quimixto. A man with the biggest iguana I've seen in person was on the dock for pictures. I didn't realize this was not free until he asked for $10. I gave it to him thinking nothing of it but then saw he really doesn't treat his pet very well as we walked into the town. You take a horse trail up to the waterfall. Don't take the horses, they are not healthy and the one couple who did take the horses said they were scared because the terrain was so uneven and steep. The waterfall is beautiful. They sell beer at the cafe there. The people here are very poor and you can only get to Quimixto by water. I bought 2 necklaces and overpaid for the 2nd, willingly giving the man too much. He thanked me profusely and told me how much it would help his family. The last stop was for lunch at a very cool cafe on Las Animas beach. The cafe bathroom was so pretty I thought I was back in San Francisco. The food was good and they have cononut or mango mojitos. Be ready for a ton of street vendors to approach your table selling pie slices, jewelry, chatchkees and the young boy who wants to take your picture (for a fee of course) with his pet iguana. Quimixto is apparently where Madonna recently held a private party. Our guide didn't see her but spoke with people who did. I guess she owns a condo somewhere in PV.

Visited April 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“It its a fishing village without roads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

however it relies as much on the tourista as the pescado. The falls is fine.
Highly recommend the moderately strenuous hike from Boca de Tomatlan. Then comida and cervaza and a water taxi home

Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Cool little town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We rode horseback up to the waterfall and went swimming in the pool beneath it. It was part of the Sea Safari by Vallarta Adventures. Excellent!

Visited January 2012
Crystal Lake, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Nice village - sad horses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

It's a nice little village. They are hopeful you will buy something. They really need the income. The families lucky enough to get a spot by the fallscwill not let you use their washrooms unless you do. They also don't show you the horse until well after you rent them. I was so distraught at their emaciated condition I tried to back out - just let them have the money and walk. Then I offered to lead the horse myself. Finally my husband whispered in my ear that I was probably that horse's only chance of getting fed that night and my refusal might make it worse so I rode. The trails were too narrow to get off the poor thing and you could tell the horses were eating anything they could because the trail was picked clean. It marred the beauty of the place for me for sure.

Visited October 2011