“QUIET AND RELAXING HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Montrose, Co
“QUIET AND RELAXING HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

I stayed at this hotel back in 1998, I felt the hotel was even better than before. The service throughout the hotel was excellent. The pool area is beautiful and clean. The beds are comfortable, the maids come in twice daily to take care of your room. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, all other meals were in PVR. The breakfast is good.
Over all this hotel is a great value. They are building condos on one side of the Marriott so at times it can be alittle noisy. I had a room on the 8th floor oceanview over looking the pool it is well worth the extra cost.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2004

We stayed here several years ago. The hotel has charm and atmosphere. We loved PV as well. But... after touring the area and seeing the other "inns" "B&Bs," condos, and houses for rent, we deduced there literally is ZERO reason to stay in a large hotel in Puerto Vallarta. Why limit yourself to a standard, "blah" hotel? It's upscale, very nice, but lacks any charm or semblance of being Mexican. Next time, we'll stay further south, in beachfront house.. we had a great time, the hotel was clean, but if you want a beach, this is NOT the hotel you should go to. It's really a slice of America within Mexico. Why travel all the way to Mexico to stay at a Marriot??? We used Rewards points and so paid nothing.. but if we'd paid to travel to PV, we'd certainly not stay at this Marriot, nor any other standard "chain" hotel.

Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

Just got back from a great 4 day weekend. Lots of fun. Great hotel, great pool. October is off season and the hotel was empty. Service very good. Food very good. Weather could not be beat. My only problem is pretty disgusting. The palapas (natural material umbrellas at the pool) are deteriorated and need to be changed. Pieces fall all over the place and dirty the pool. Worst of all is small worms live in them and fall out too and get into your towel and tee shirt. I took 4 back to my room and discovered red marks all over my body from the worms which had also eaten holes in my tee shirt. Gross. They are overdue for replacement.

• Stayed January 2005
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2004

What a wonderful time we had at the Marriott!! The location is one of the best assets of the hotel. If you like to stay away from the main part of the city- this is the place to stay. A quick 15 minute and $4.00 cab ride and you can be right in the city!
There are plenty of restaurants in the Marina area and the hotel restaurant has excellent food and service. You really never need to leave the property.
The thing that impressed me most about this hotel is the hospitality of the staff. From the minute we arrived, everyone knew our names and made us feel like we were part of their family. The pool is beautiful, the drinks plentiful and the massage on the beach was pure heaven! There are no timeshare people at this hotel which is great, and the beach vendors are kept off the property so you are not constantly being bothered.
I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to have an wonderful PV experience!

Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2004

We recently stayed at the Marriot Casamagna for 7 nights (Sept 2004). We booked our air+hotel package through Expedia. While Expedia quotes a total package price, when it is charged to the credit card, they separate the air and hotel portion. The hotel came to approx US$600 for 7nights. On Expedia, this price was for a garden room and ocean view would come at additional cost, which we did not opt for. The night before we left, I called the hotel and confirmed our reservations.

Upon arriving at the hotel and getting out of the taxi, we were greeted by the concierge who had a small booth setup right there. Gave them our names, and he gave us the keys to our room. Told us to leave our bags there and they would bring them up soon. This was their “express check-in”.

We were really pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. It was beautiful and what an amazing ocean view! Yep, we were given an ocean view room! The king size bed faces the balcony so you could see and hear the ocean from the bed. The balcony area is not large but you can still sit there and enjoy the view. The covers, sheets, 6 pillows were really nice and clean and soft. There is no carpet in the room, it’s all marble. There is an AC control in the room so you can adjust the degree of coolness. There is a couch in the room as well as a small round table with 2 chairs. The TV sits on a swivel so you could watch it from the couch or the bed. There were several US channels including ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, HBO, TBS, ESPN. The room overall was very clean and comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and Tower “B”. There was some construction going on next door and we could hear clinks and clanks but the sounds were quite distant and muffled, only heard it now and then and did not bother us at all.

The grounds were well kept and there were all sorts of beautiful tropical plants and flowers everywhere. The infiniti pool was amazing and there was always more than enough chairs to go around. The pool was never crowded when we were there. There was some music played in the pool area but nothing loud and boisterious (like in some of the hotels we walked through) and nothing that overpowered the sound of the waves. So it was very relaxing to be in the pool, watching and listening to the waves. Another highlight was the iguanas! We saw 2 iguanas in the front grounds area and another 2 in the back area. That was really cool. The other nice thing is that they’ve waterfalls in the hotel which really drowned out any noise. They turn on the waterfalls from 10am-6pm I think.

We only ate once in the hotel, at the Champions Sportsbar for lunch on check-out day. The prices weren’t that bad, they were US prices (approx US$7-8 for sandwich) but the food was good. We did go to the Deli many times and got pastries and ice-cream. They have pastries, 2 per box for 10 peso. A single scoop of ice-cream is 20 peso.

We researched and read the reviews for many hotels before choosing the Marriott. We’ve stayed at the Marriott chain many times and at many locations throughout the US. We’ve never been disappointed. The Marriott chain is very consistent down to the economical Fairfield Inns. And the CasaMagna is no exception. The Marriott was our sanctuary during our stay in PV – there were no timesharks, and no one asking us whether “we would like to go fishing today?” and the AC in the room was Heaven.

Marina area – On the marina boardwalk, we ate at Café Tacuba (Victor’s), Mr Cream – (food and service at both places were excellent!) and Las Palomas (Not Recommended/Avoid! chips were stale, food ok but not great, weak margaritas. But the worst part was that the hostess who’s originally from CA was trying to sell us tickets to go snorkeling. She claims that it’s not timeshare and will help us save money). Also in the marina area but not on the boardwalk was Marisma (great tacos for 10-12 peso) which is at the corner of Popa and Quilla; a few doors down from Marisma are Los Chatos (bakery – croissants are 4peso and cinnamon rolls are 10peso) and Pronto Presto (laundry service for 30peso per kg; 1kg is 2.2lbs – it was really hot and humid. Our clothes were drenched each time we went out so either bring tons of clothes or be prepared to do laundry at least once)

PV – We took the bus everywhere – 4peso to town, 18 peso to Punta Mita, 4.5 peso to Mismaloya and Boca. We never waited more than 5 mins for a bus but it can be a bumpy ride. The bus lanes have some big pot holes! Cab costs 45 peso to Malecon area, 50-65peso to the Romantica zone. The cab ride from airport to Marriott was 100peso and from Marriott back to airport was 30peso. There is no A/C in the bus or the cab. Nearly everywhere we went from Punta Mita to the Marina to town and down to Boca, we were constantly asked about fishing trips, tours, timeshares, buying this or that, etc. Sure, we said No each time but after a while, it just got real tiring and wore us out. We even came across some Americans working for these timeshares!

We got good service at the restaurants. Ate at Pipi’s (mexian food at corner of Gpe Sanchez and Pipila), La B del M (cuban food at corner of Paseo diaz Ordaz and Allende), Brasil (unlimited amounts of grilled meat for 150peso Men and 120peso women; on Basillo Badillo just west of I.Vallarta; only restaurant we went to that had A/C), La Esquina de Conchinas (best food we had for the money: 3 tapas, 1 main entrée paella, 1 dessert, 2 drinks for 230peso! Corner of Miramar and Iturbide, steep streets) and Marisco Polo (on F.Madero, W/Aguacate). The streets are quite narrow so you can't miss the restaurants if you have a map and know the cross streets. We spent approx 400-500peso including tips at each restaurant with 2 entrees and 2 drinks.

Exchange rate - At the airport, we got approx 11.05peso to US$1. Using the ATM, we got 11.4 peso to US$1.

Highlights of our experience in PV – local singing on bus, amazing lighting storm one night, beautiful sunset, Sunday night at the Malecon with the locals, walking the steep interior streets of PV, bus ride to Punta Mita and bus ride to Boca.

We won’t go back to PV but if we do, we would definitely stay at the Marriott again. We will not hesitate to recommend the Marriott to anyone looking to go to PV.

New Castle, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

Just returned from a week at the Marriott, Aug 7-14, 2004. From the very moment I arrived, I was treated like royalty. The bellhops were some of the nicest I have met in the 8 years that I have been going to PV. I arrived at the hotel a bit early (I believe that check-in is at 4 PM), and was told that my room would not be ready for about an hour. No problems, though. (I was on vacation - so what was the hurry?) I just hung out in the lobby with a book for an hour. I was originally booked in a garden view room and I was delighted to be informed that I had been upgraded to an ocean view at no extra charge. The room was beautiful - great views, very clean, quiet, and comfortable beds. Within a day or two, the staff knew me, and treated me like one of the family. I was always greeted with a smile, asked how my vacation was going, and asked if there was anything I needed. The waiters at the pool were top-notch - especially Carlos. They made the rounds several times a day, and I was never without something to drink. I didn't eat much at the hotel, but when I did, the food was good and plentiful. Room service was always delivered within 30 minutes, arrived hot, and again, the waiters were great. The hotel is at the marina, which is close enough to town that you can get there in just a few minutes via bus or cab (I recommend the bus at only 4 pesos vs. 50 for a cab), but also far enough from town to avoid the noise. The marina has several nice restaurants and shops. If you like to pamper yourself, I HIGHLY recommend the Specialty Message Clinic at the Marina. (Located next to the lighthouse.) The best massages I have ever had!! I have stayed at several nice resorts in PV over the years, but the Marriott was by far the best. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

Stayed Feb. 10-20, 2004.
This next year (2005) will be the 3rd straight 10 day stay at the Casa Magna. The garden View Room is as sumptious as any 5 star I have stayed in and was cleaned on out time table. The work out room was well equipt as well as most gyms and the staff was helpful. The beach was clean and jumping with vendors which is always interesting as most do not know you can get less expensive trinkets with higher quality downtown. The pool was clean and we never have problems finding chairs. My wife and I loved the staff as they were helpful, courteous and prompt. We always take the bus in to PV and enjoy the local color. Pepe's is the eating place of choice and we visit the open markets regularly. We loved this hotel, P.V., and the folks. I can't understand not having an excellent time in Mexico.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!