“lovers getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Washington
“lovers getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here in August of 2012 for my husbands birthday and to celebrate our engagement and we loved it! I try to stay at a Marriott whenever I travel and this place did not disappoint. Its about a 10 min cab ride from downtown and the marina is just a short walk away where they have tons of places to eat and little shops to shop at. There is also a Starbucks about a 5 min walk away where you can go and get free wifi. We received a oceanfront room without having to pay the high price tag and the view was AMAZING! The pool has a swim up bar which was GREAT and used OFTEN by us. We loved this property so much that we have booked the Casamagna in Cancun for our honeymoon :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

By reading the reviews, I cannot believe this is the same hotel. This hotel is over 40 years old. no small refrigerator ($10.00 per night) I finally found a ice machine on the ninth floor. They want you to only eat at their restaurants.($26.00 for breakfast) They are constantly trying to sell you time shares.Had to have the door fixed twice. The first night they had 2 packs of coffee next to the coffee machine priced at $3.75 per pack. Two bottles of wine were in the room (we do not drink) the next day after the room was made up the coffee and the wine were gone. You cannot take any outside water or drinks by the pool. You have to buy there water etc.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the imitation waterfall. The noise will drive you crazy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow me to start by apologizing for all the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us, also I want to say thank you for taking the time to share with us these comments which will help us improve our service to keep providing the Marriott quality that our guest deserve.

As for the problems with the door, I have already spoken with our Maintenance Manager, in order for him to help me verify that neither your room’s door nor any other door has any kind of problem.

Thank you also for your suggestion regarding the coffee and also please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with the bottle of wines, I have requested both the Housekeeping Manager and the Mini-Bar Manager to schedule additional training with their staff to avoid this kind of problems from happening again.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of receiving you once more as our guest. Please feel free to reach me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com in case you need additional feedback or assistance, I will be happy to hear from you.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been at the Casamagna Puerto Vallarta for business and i was totally mesmerized from their great sense of hospitality, they did more than we expected, beyond.
we also experienced the release of the baby turtle in the ocean, very emotional. the rooms are beautiful and spacious, lot of light and very clean. the all staff was amazing from the GM down to the housekeeping and porterage.

Room Tip: 85% of the rooms look out at the ocean, so it will be very difficult to overlook the city, just ask...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just got back from a conference in Puerto Vallarta. We stayed here for 6 nights.

I booked the hotel as part of a package through Orbitz which included breakfast. I think it was an extra $10 per day for breakfast as part of the package, but it is $20 per person for the buffet.

We also had a garden view room, but we still had a good view of the ocean.

The service at the hotel was great and the room was very clean and up-to-date. It is about 10 minutes from the airport. You can hear the occasional airplane if you are sitting out at the pool or on the beach, but it isn't loud.

The hotel is less than a 10 minute walk to the marina. There are several stores, restaurants, and convenience stores there.

If you walk out of the hotel and walk to the right, there is a BBVA ATM machine. The service fee is a little higher than at other ATM machines. The bus also stops on this road. It is just 6.5 pesos to Centro.

It takes about 20 minutes to get to Centro on the bus and you will pass Walmart along the way. Getting back to the hotel on the bus proved to be much more difficult. If you want to take a taxi it is 50 to 70 pesos depending on the driver and your negotiating skills.

In addition to breakfast every morning, we ate 2 dinners at the hotel. The food and service at both Mikado and Las Casitas was very good.

They also have a sports bar - Champions - in the hotel.

I don't know how much they charge for internet, but we were able to connect to the public wifi for free.

The only negative was that they charge for everything - including the package of coffee next to the coffee pot in the room ($35 pesos).

The tax ride from the hotel costs $180 pesos. We took the taxi from the airport because we arrived around midnight and most things were closed. As other people have said, the airport taxis are a monopoly and a horrible rip-off. Our return trip was only $50 pesos.

The hotel releases baby turtles almost every night at 7:30pm. You get to hold a baby turtle, put it in the sand, and watch it crawl its way to the ocean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I just returned home to NYC from the Marriott where we experienced the the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation ever. When we arrived, there was a chosen room and were told it was not ready and after a quick trip to the front desk we were given a different room in the main building that was ready and had a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. For the price this view cannot be beat. Since we were celebrating our 7th Anniverary the staff sent champagne, cheese and crackers, etc and we certainly appreciated this. I need to compliment Simon Coulson, Cheif Concierge and his wonderful staff, especially Denis and Adrian who attended to every single need and want we had. This service is never as good in any hotel at any price. They were very special people. The pool is huge, clean and so relaxing because Puerto Vallarta is hot, 90 degrees in the daytime and 75-80 degrees at night. The beach is clean, the water so warm and we even saw dolphins jumping out the water right near the shoreline. The pool swim up bar and food service is great, headed by Victor who is an efficient team member and a nice guy. There is no annoying reserving of the pool or beach lounges in the early morning, we went out at 11AM every day with no problem. This makes for a very relaxing vacation, which is not the case in DR and Aruba. The breakfast buffet is delicious along with all food at the hotel. Puerto Vallarta has many fantastic restaurants that are only a 80 peso cab ride away and the concierge staff helped us tremendously to have the best 10 nights in PV, whether we went to the Malecon area or the popular Zona Romantica, or even the Marina which is a only a ten minute walk. I need to add that this area of Mexico is a very safe place to vacation. In conclusion, we will gladly return to such a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear guest,

I am truly happy to read you had such a lovely time at our property during your latest vacation. Thank you for your kind comments about our facilities and service you received from Simon, Denise, Adrian and Victor, I will make sure your kind words are shared with them.

We do hope to see you back here very soon; meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me at mhrs.pvrmd.dor@marriotthotels.com I will be more than happy to attend any request or provide you with further feedback.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I didn't see myself as a Marriott kind of gal... I usually seek out smaller, locally owned boutique hotels that are located in the thick of things. And I'm a budget traveller. But I was travelling low season and the deal that the MCM was offering was just too good to pass up. The deal offered a fourth night free, with a sand dollar special. On top of a very good rate- you are given a $50 a day credit to use on anything ( food, booze, tips, services) in the hotel. Seduced as I was by this bargain- I decided to spend half my trip in "Old Town" and half my trip at the MCM. Two very different experiences. As it turned out- both great.

I'd purchased a budget room with a garden view, but on check in, was upgraded to pool and ocean view suite. That was a real treat for Ms. budget traveller! The room was beyond pleasant, the bedding lush, and I admit to loving the huge flat screen TV with tons of channels.

The pool was wonderful. A perfect temperature to cool you down without being shockingly cool. There is always music playing in the pool area, and there's a whack of umberellas. On the beach there is "quiet area" of palapas and recliners, where they ask that all noisy devices or phones be turned off. In this area you do not hear the music from the pool. Terrific when your travelmate is a good book.

I found the food good enough. For breakfast I prefered the atmosphere of the outside patio of La Estancia, and ordered a la carte. Friendly fellow guests informed me that the breakfast buffet was terrific.

I enjoyed access to the little deli off the lobby that was open really long hours. It meant you could allways pick up a muffin, chips, piece of fruit or a sports drink if you needed a bite to tide you over...

Every morning before first light I took the 5 minute walk to see the sun rise over the marina. A great area to walk or jog, and there are some lovely restaurants there.

As a solo traveller I felt absolutely safe at all times. There is not a lot of action in this area, but I enjoyed it very much. The hotel is very accessible to town by bus, but I surprised myself by just hanging between the marina, pool and beach. Loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to hear that your first experience at a Marriott was great. I am really happy that you enjoyed the facilities at our property, as well as the restaurant La Estancia and the Deli Los Mangos; also it is great to hear you enjoyed our “braincation zone” to simply relax with the sound of the waves and a good book by the beach.

We really hope to see you here again. Please feel free to contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com in case any additional assistance or feedback is needed, I will be happy to help you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I first visited CasaMagna and Puerto Vallarta for our 20th wedding anniversary 5 years ago. The beauty of this city and the experience CasaMagna provided made this place a favorite destination for us instantly. Since, we have returned every year for a vacation, including a fishing trip with one of my best friends. The hotel and grounds are gorgeous, everything is shining clean, excellent and delicious dining experiences, fantastic and family-like staff (Doormen Guillermo and Santiago always remember "our names" and greet us with "Welcome Home") that are anxious to make your visit to Puetro Vallarta the best. The location is perfect with a short walk to the beautiful Marina Vallarta and minutes, by taxi, from the beautiful Board Walk and shopping/dining in town. The views of the Bay Of Bandera and Sierra Madre Mountains are breath-taking from the rooms' balconies, as are the hotel's gardens and pools. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated, very clean and offer every modern convenience. For our 20th and 25th wedding anniversaries we returned to our rooms to find our bed decorated with towel sculptures and fresh tropical flowers. Complimentary drinks, dining and transportation is offered for special occasions. The value is incredible!

This is a destination that I HIGHLY recommend for couples, families, and all vacationers!!!

My last comment is "The Staff Makes The Difference"!!! Simon, Guillermo, Santiago, Gustov, Oscar, Hugo, etc...SALUTE!!!

jimlovins@gmail.com

Room Tip: Any Garden/Ocean View room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Lovins,

It has been an honor to share with you such special occasions along these 5 years. Whenever we see our guests coming back every year we always feel so happy because it is like seen family coming back home for a reunion.

I will make sure to share these comments with all the staff, who I’m sure will be so happy to hear what a perfect time you have had every time.

We will be looking forward to seeing you here again very soon, but in the meantime please feel free to contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com if you need further assistance or wish additional feedback, I will be happy to attend your request.

Director of Room Operations

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!