“5 star review!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Dallas
“5 star review!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I were looking for someplace to stay for one night before we heading north to Punta Mita. Being an Elite Platinum, of course I checked out the Marriott Casamagna PVR. Excellent property. I worked closely with the Head Concierge, Simon Coulson, to help me to coordinate the transportation for the 8 of us, who were all arriving at different times. He set it up seamlessly and met each one of us upon arrival at the hotel with key in hand---got to skip the line at the front desk! Simon also made sure our rooms were near each other. He also handled arranging taxi service for the 8 of us that evening and the next morning. The rooms are very nice here. I believe every room has some type of view of the ocean, even if it is called a "garden view". The pool bar was awesome as well as the food available at the pool. The buffet breakfast was included in our AAA rate---it was wonderful! I can't wait to return to this property!

Room Tip: higher up and you get a better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for such lovely comments about the service you received at our property. I am very happy to hear your vacation here was great. I will happily extend your comments and gratitude to Simon Coulson for the help he provided organizing your family trip.

If you have further feedback or wish further assistance I will be happy to help you, please contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com I kindly ask you to refer to this comment when contacting me.

Kind regards,

Teresa Paredes
Director of Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in late June and would definitely choose this property again. It was conveniently located near the airport (but we never heard airport noise) and marina and just a cab ride/bus ride from the boardwalk/downtown area. Closer to downtown the beach is not as nice or wide; further away is a longer trek to the boardwalk so I think this location is perfect for a trip to PV.

The pool and hot tub were large and lounge chairs were always available. Breakfast buffet every morning was superb with cooked to order pancakes and waffles, fresh fruit, and many other options. Beach was clean with nice lounge chairs. Bar service at the pool and beach were good. A few families with kids but mainly couples/friends. Not a loud night scene which was perfect for us.

This is not a brand new property but it has been well taken care of and the furniture, tv and bed were all updated. Only noticeable age issue was the bathtub was chipped in a few places. Great bed and pillows. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The room had a safe and service bar.

We were on the 7th floor with a great view of the beach and pool.

The service was great! From our check in at the front desk to the wait staff, housekeepers, concierge, bellman...you name it, we never had bad service! Wifi worked great in the room and lobby.

No complaints at all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this property for 9 days. Everything was perfect. They have many different restaurants to choose from which are all amazing. Jorge is Las Casitas offered world class service. I am a former server and was really surprised by the amazing service. Belen? The concierge was also extremely helpful. If I ever go back I will stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
East Windsor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property for a week and loved every single day we were there. The open air concept of the hotel is beautiful and there were waterfalls in the middle of the buildings. It was cool when it rained because it came through in the middle of the buildings and that was awesome to watch. The beach itself does not look like the pictures on the website and we did not go swimming in the ocean at all, but there were beautiful sunsets. The marina across the street is walking distance and has many options for dinner or lunch. We loved Vincent's restaurant and went there a few times and had many conversations with Vincent himself! We utilized the local bus and went downtown to Nuevo Vallarta a few days and loved the shopping and beaches there. Everyday people were building amazing sand castles to look at right along the main walk and there was so much to do! We even took the bus to the local shopping mall on a rainy day and we had a blast looking through the stores and shopping. There is a night club right near the property that we did not go to because that's not really our scene, but it looked like it could be a fun night. The hotel runs a ea turtle rescue program and that was probably one of the high lights of our trips, we thought is was really awesome. Each night around sunset, the staff brings out tubs of baby sea turtles that have hatched that day and they allow the guests to release them int the ocean. Not only is this a wonderful program to help some turtles survive against natural predators, but it was very fun and entertaining. After dinner we either went swimming or back to our room most nights because there wasn't much around and we did not feel safe to go exploring at night. Overall we had a very good experience and the property was beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We spent 4 nights here prior to a family destination wedding at another hotel and found this Casa Magna to be far superior to the one in CanCun. Yes, both hotels are gorgeous and the views scenic, what sets this one apart was the staff. In every area from front desk to restaurants, bars and housekeeping the staff made you feel welcome and treated you like their special guests. Yes, we were there at the very start of "low season" and the hotel wasn't crowded but we will definately visit again. If anything negative could be said it would be as mentioned by another review-- the pool needs some TLC with both cleaning and grouting.we didn't see missing tiles however...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came on a company trip and were delighted with what we found. Our hotel was clean, the service very professional, the breakfast buffet simply outstanding!

Honestly, we ate breakfast and needed little else until supper hour. The variety was fantastic, from fresh fruit to Mexican fare to waffles to omelettes to sushi. We had negotiated the buffet in with our room price, a very smart move, we discovered.

Beach frontage was nice to look at and ok to play in as well, a bit choppy but few rocks underfoot.
A great get away.

Room Tip: We were close to the ice machine and we could hear it a bit, but not a real concern. The ac felt gr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had a wonderful visit with friends to the Marriott. Clean rooms and grounds. Helpful and attentive staff. Miguel at the pool bar was kind, fast and efficient. The pool tiles were an issue as we were collecting them and people were cutting feet and bleeding-definitely needs attention quickly. Casitas food was great! The spa was beautiful and amazing!!! I highly recommend a spa appointment. Sara was an excellent masseuse-I wish we would have had time for more treatments. Also, great exchange rate into pesos at hotel. Still trying to figure out why the hotel van cost us $40 to get from airport to hotel and only $18 to return..so I would make sure if you get hotel pickup to ask about price difference- we were a party of 4. Would recommend and visit again...

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have a "view" so be careful before you pay extra up charges. Maybe see yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us, I’m very happy to hear that you had a great stay and really enjoyed your vacation.

I will be happy to share your comments with the rest of the staff, especially with Miguel and Sara that help you have such a relaxing time here with us.

Also I really appreciate your comments regarding the pool, which I have already brought to the attention of our Engineering Director, who is working on it.

If you have any further feedback or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again by mail at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com I will be more than happy to assist you. I kindly ask you to refer to this comment when contacting me.

Kind regards,

Teresa Paredes
Director of Room Operations

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!