“Excellent hotel and great service, as you would expect from Marriott!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent hotel and great service, as you would expect from Marriott!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for four nights March 26-30th. We were in PVR for a week and had booked a vacation package at another resort (Crown Paradise Club) which was terrible (posted separate review) so bit the bullet and was able to get into the Marriott PVR for $199.00/night which was great they still had availability as it was high season and the beginning of Easter break. I should also mention that I am Marriott Platinum which probably had something to do with the level of upgrade we were greeted with upon arrival.

Arrived at the hotel at 11am and early check in was not available. The bell person explained that we had been upgraded to a fantatstic room and would not be disappointed once the room was available. No problem, taking the bellman advice we strolled the five to ten minute walk into the Marina and had a nice lunch before returning to the resort. The location is fantastic as the Marina has many different dining options at may different price points which is great depending on what you are in the mood for. It's nice to have the area so close and we always felt safe walking back and forth from the hotel anytime of the day or night. (Keep in mind we have a six and nine year old so weren't out to much later than 11pm)

Upon returning to the hotel our room was still not ready, however, the front desk said it would be ready shortly and provided us with four drink vouchers at the lobby bar as we waited. This was a nice gesture IMHO.

Well, the wait was worth it, we were escorted to our room on the top floor of the hotel, the Presidential Suite! The room must have been over 2000 sq feet including a baby grand piano in the living room. We had three different balconies all with direct ocean and pool views. It was truly a fantastic room and quite a rags to riches story from the hotel we came from. Needless to say, it was luxurious, clean and functional as once would expect from a Marriott property.

The beach in front of the hotel is nice, although rocky when you get into the water. I would recommend water shoes if you have them as it is more comfortable getting across the rocks. We found the surf to be fine but it could get rough at times. Lots of activity on the beach but we found that if you said no, generally the vendors went away and didn't bother you. Kids tried body surfing and loved it, good location for that with the waves and boards can be renting from the towel hut. Sand did get very hot in the afternoon to the point you would have to walk between shaded areas or wet areas to avoid burning feet, or maybe I am just a bit of a baby,either way, you should be prepared, however, it didn't hamper our time at the beach in any way.

The pool area is very nice and we never had an issue getting lounge chairs. We usually ate lunches at the hotel around the pool or beach and found the food qualilty, service and price to be good and what you would expect at a Marriott property. Pool is very large and has a nice swim up bar facing the ocean, service was always very good. They pool was cleaned early every morining as well.

We did not eat at any of the restaurants at the hotel with the exception of Champions for desert on the way home from the Marina on a couple of occassions.

We did have the breakfast buffet on two mornings and found it to be excellent. Although is is priced higher than dining in the Marina, it is on bar with normal hotel breakfast for cost but found the selections to be excellent.

We would definitely return to this property when in PVR as we found it to be excellent. Absent the exceptional room upgrade we would have been happy with the regular 2 double deluxe room with an ocean view that we booked, but, always nice to be appreciated for your past loyalty to a chain. Thanks to staff and managment of the hotel fo the great stay, definitely saved our spring vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest,

I can only express my gratitude for the kind words you share with us in your comments as it is our main goal to help our guests having a great experience while on their vacation.

I have made sure that all our staff is informed of the great comments you have made about their service and attentions; for them to know a guest had an excellent time while on our property is an incentive to keep working as hard as they constantly do.

I am also glad to hear you enjoy the Marina area and that you were able to feel the safety of our neighborhood, we hope to see you really soon here again and I kindly invite you to contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or by phone at +52 322 226 0010 in the case you would wish further assistance or feedback, please refer to this comment when contacting me.

Director of Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There were things I loved about this hotel (the most comfortable bed ever) and things that I really didn't like at all (overpriced food), but for the rate that I paid, it was about what I expected. The hotel is a little tired, the outside kind of 70's stucco with decent landscaping but lots of stagnant water which I find really surprising. The pool needs a makeover, it's cracked and beaten up. The hotel lobby is beautiful and spacious, the rooms were nice enough. Top notch? No way. I was disappointed in the food selection at the restaurant, nothing really interesting, nothing changed from day to day. The service was good, I enjoyed our waiters at the pool and in the main restaurant. Service in the Japanese restaurant was very slow. All in all, the spa saved my experience at this property, otherwise I wouldn't even consider staying again. It doesn't seem really up to the Marriott name and I expected a little more. Remember, you get what you pay for in Mexico.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts about our facilities and service. Please, rest sure that your comments will be always considered an important tool to improve ourselves.

It makes us happy to hear you specially enjoy our Spa, I will be happy to extend your message to our Spa staff.

As for the inconveniences you experienced, once more I appreciate your comments, which I have already shared with the people in charge of these areas and they will be working in those little details that make such a difference.

I hope to have the opportunity to receive you once more as our guest. Please feel free to contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or by phone at +52 322 226 0010 if you need further assistance or feedback regarding this review.
Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in March 2013. Beautiful resort where the staff just cannot do enough for you. They are all wonderful!
Nice rooms, but not perfect. There is a free safe in the room. There is a coffee maker, but there is no coffee provided. I had my own Starbucks mini's, so it worked out ok even though there was not even a stir stick. There is no in room refrigerator, but there is a mini-bar that can be used. There is plenty of room to load a 6pack from a convenience store! There is a charge for WiFi but it worked well. The TV set had multiple video-in inputs but none of them worked. A service person came to our room to try to get our video-in working (so that we could watch a downloaded itunes movie from our ipad) but he was unsuccessful. Our AC worked well, but the fan was loud. Room furnishings were only average, and our couch was stained and disgusting. The bed has down pillows and comforter but you can request foam pillows and non down comforter, if you are allergic. Balcony was a large 12 x 8' with a nice view, a couple of chairs and a small cocktail table. Room had slight mildew smell but was fine when window was open. Our bathtub paint was peeling, but not bad.
The resort grounds are well maintained. It is extremely safe at the resort. Security is always present. Water sports are readily available at the resort. Our kids Parasailed and rented Jet skis right in front of the resort. It was very easy and no reservations are required. Just walk out to the beach and the rental guy is right there. I think it was cash only, but I don't remember for sure. The breakfast buffet is great! It stays open until 11:00 or 12:00, so it can easily be brunch. We booked our room with the AAA discount and the breakfast was included. The resort restaurants are a little pricey but not bad for a resort. The Marina is less than a 10 minute walk and there are dozens of restaurants to choose from. Many very reasonable options too. The Marina also has convenience stores (beer, water), pharmacy, etc...
Overall this is a great, safe place ,where you are treated extremely well, and we would definitely return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, comments like yours really help us improve our service and get to know more about our guest preferences. I´m glad you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our restaurants and water activities.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with your TV and fan, I will personally make sure that the concerning areas take note of this comments in order to avoid these inconveniences from happening again.

We are looking forward to have you and your family as our guests again. If you need further assistance or feedback regarding your comments please contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or by phone at +52 322 226 0010 I kindly ask you to refer to this comment when contacting me.

Thorp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best room in the house - check in was a breeze especially since our flight had been delayed and we were late arriving - and oh my! - glorious sunsets from our room and well positioned bed. Loved the pool but really nice not to have to see it every time we were on the balcony. The entire staff, resort-wide, deserves kudos for making us feel welcome and comfortable. Yes, a little spendy for drinks and eats but there are times when all of us working fools deserve it! Yes, we have found that much of Mexico has "Americanized" and find it sad that we have to ask for tortillas with breakfast and end up with toast if we forget. All said - we turned off our phones, no tv -just pure decompress. Isn't that what it's all about?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy to hear you had such a great time during your vacation and that you enjoyed our facilities.

I will personally share your comments with the staff, making them note what a nice job they are doing with the check in.

Thank you as well for your observation regarding the breakfast, I will share this as well with my staff to always make sure our guest receive the option for tortillas.

We hope to see you here again, in the meantime, please feel free to contact me if further feedback is needed. You can e-mail me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or contact me at +52 322 226 0010 I will be happy to assist you.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and it was wonderful in all aspects. Nice room with balcony and sea view. We ate at the hotel several times and it was always excellent. The breakfast buffet is fantastic.
The area (Marina) is very nice. If we go back to Puerto Vallarta we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a very nice beautiful place . we realy liked thier pool nice view nice clean beach.Great food at resturant facing the ocean...Nice friendly staff.Rooms are good but their ocean view room was partial ocean view where we were facing villas next door... overall very nice....
I have to give 5 stars to Gray line staff.......April 13-18,2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was put up at the Marriott for one night due to a mechanical issue and a cancelled flight.
I always stay in Zona Romantica in PV, so this was my first experience in the marina area.

The hotel was very nice. Beautiful ground and stellar service.

I was given room 7070 with nice view of ocean. The room was great. Great bedding, amazing bathroom with tub/shower. Spotless and definetely upscale. Slept great.

Couple of observations that I do have about his hotel is that it has NO Mexican feel at all. If you want an Americanized resort this place will be great for you. If you want to feel like you are in Mexico... you will be disappointed.

Also, the food costs at the hotel were VERY HIGH!!! Breakfast buffet for $285 pesos!! That is about $25 US for a buffet?????? wow.

I can't complain about my time here and think it's a great hotel. But, when I go to Mexico on vacation I want to go to Mexico... not a U.S. resort. Because of this, I would not choose to go back.

Room Tip: Apprears all rooms have balcony and at least partial ocean view