“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night & $50 Credit
Ranked #11 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in March 2013. Beautiful resort where the staff just cannot do enough for you. They are all wonderful!
Nice rooms, but not perfect. There is a free safe in the room. There is a coffee maker, but there is no coffee provided. I had my own Starbucks mini's, so it worked out ok even though there was not even a stir stick. There is no in room refrigerator, but there is a mini-bar that can be used. There is plenty of room to load a 6pack from a convenience store! There is a charge for WiFi but it worked well. The TV set had multiple video-in inputs but none of them worked. A service person came to our room to try to get our video-in working (so that we could watch a downloaded itunes movie from our ipad) but he was unsuccessful. Our AC worked well, but the fan was loud. Room furnishings were only average, and our couch was stained and disgusting. The bed has down pillows and comforter but you can request foam pillows and non down comforter, if you are allergic. Balcony was a large 12 x 8' with a nice view, a couple of chairs and a small cocktail table. Room had slight mildew smell but was fine when window was open. Our bathtub paint was peeling, but not bad.
The resort grounds are well maintained. It is extremely safe at the resort. Security is always present. Water sports are readily available at the resort. Our kids Parasailed and rented Jet skis right in front of the resort. It was very easy and no reservations are required. Just walk out to the beach and the rental guy is right there. I think it was cash only, but I don't remember for sure. The breakfast buffet is great! It stays open until 11:00 or 12:00, so it can easily be brunch. We booked our room with the AAA discount and the breakfast was included. The resort restaurants are a little pricey but not bad for a resort. The Marina is less than a 10 minute walk and there are dozens of restaurants to choose from. Many very reasonable options too. The Marina also has convenience stores (beer, water), pharmacy, etc...
Overall this is a great, safe place ,where you are treated extremely well, and we would definitely return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, comments like yours really help us improve our service and get to know more about our guest preferences. I´m glad you had a nice stay with us, enjoying our restaurants and water activities.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with your TV and fan, I will personally make sure that the concerning areas take note of this comments in order to avoid these inconveniences from happening again.

We are looking forward to have you and your family as our guests again. If you need further assistance or feedback regarding your comments please contact me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or by phone at +52 322 226 0010 I kindly ask you to refer to this comment when contacting me.

Kind regards,

Teresa Paredes
Director of Room Operations

1,327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Thorp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best room in the house - check in was a breeze especially since our flight had been delayed and we were late arriving - and oh my! - glorious sunsets from our room and well positioned bed. Loved the pool but really nice not to have to see it every time we were on the balcony. The entire staff, resort-wide, deserves kudos for making us feel welcome and comfortable. Yes, a little spendy for drinks and eats but there are times when all of us working fools deserve it! Yes, we have found that much of Mexico has "Americanized" and find it sad that we have to ask for tortillas with breakfast and end up with toast if we forget. All said - we turned off our phones, no tv -just pure decompress. Isn't that what it's all about?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy to hear you had such a great time during your vacation and that you enjoyed our facilities.

I will personally share your comments with the staff, making them note what a nice job they are doing with the check in.

Thank you as well for your observation regarding the breakfast, I will share this as well with my staff to always make sure our guest receive the option for tortillas.

We hope to see you here again, in the meantime, please feel free to contact me if further feedback is needed. You can e-mail me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or contact me at +52 322 226 0010 I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Teresa Paredes
Director of Room Operations
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and it was wonderful in all aspects. Nice room with balcony and sea view. We ate at the hotel several times and it was always excellent. The breakfast buffet is fantastic.
The area (Marina) is very nice. If we go back to Puerto Vallarta we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a very nice beautiful place . we realy liked thier pool nice view nice clean beach.Great food at resturant facing the ocean...Nice friendly staff.Rooms are good but their ocean view room was partial ocean view where we were facing villas next door... overall very nice....
I have to give 5 stars to Gray line staff.......April 13-18,2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was put up at the Marriott for one night due to a mechanical issue and a cancelled flight.
I always stay in Zona Romantica in PV, so this was my first experience in the marina area.

The hotel was very nice. Beautiful ground and stellar service.

I was given room 7070 with nice view of ocean. The room was great. Great bedding, amazing bathroom with tub/shower. Spotless and definetely upscale. Slept great.

Couple of observations that I do have about his hotel is that it has NO Mexican feel at all. If you want an Americanized resort this place will be great for you. If you want to feel like you are in Mexico... you will be disappointed.

Also, the food costs at the hotel were VERY HIGH!!! Breakfast buffet for $285 pesos!! That is about $25 US for a buffet?????? wow.

I can't complain about my time here and think it's a great hotel. But, when I go to Mexico on vacation I want to go to Mexico... not a U.S. resort. Because of this, I would not choose to go back.

Room Tip: Apprears all rooms have balcony and at least partial ocean view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nice room in the main building on the 4th floor with balcony and seaview.
Warm and very friendly reception by the doorman and the reception.
Any malfunction in the room was solved within 5 minutes !
The swimming pool is nec plus ultra !

• Stayed April 2013
PHOENIX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I turned off the air conditioner and opened the doors and drapes, beautiful balcony with a wonderful view, put on internet radio listened to classical music and enjoyed the night air, woke up to a fantastic view, I went downstairs to get a breakfast to go and brought it back to my room and sat on the balcony and enjoyed the finest breakfast money could by with this wonderful view. The place is immaculate, the staff is so helpful the pool area is a pleasure. The lobster taco is mouthwatering life is good especially when you are there. A 5 minute walk to the marina area with lots of restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: ask for overlooking the pool side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!