“Ah-h-h Decompress” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thorp
“Ah-h-h Decompress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best room in the house - check in was a breeze especially since our flight had been delayed and we were late arriving - and oh my! - glorious sunsets from our room and well positioned bed. Loved the pool but really nice not to have to see it every time we were on the balcony. The entire staff, resort-wide, deserves kudos for making us feel welcome and comfortable. Yes, a little spendy for drinks and eats but there are times when all of us working fools deserve it! Yes, we have found that much of Mexico has "Americanized" and find it sad that we have to ask for tortillas with breakfast and end up with toast if we forget. All said - we turned off our phones, no tv -just pure decompress. Isn't that what it's all about?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottCasaMagnaPVR, Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy to hear you had such a great time during your vacation and that you enjoyed our facilities.

I will personally share your comments with the staff, making them note what a nice job they are doing with the check in.

Thank you as well for your observation regarding the breakfast, I will share this as well with my staff to always make sure our guest receive the option for tortillas.

We hope to see you here again, in the meantime, please feel free to contact me if further feedback is needed. You can e-mail me at mhrs.pvrmx.dor@marriotthotels.com or contact me at +52 322 226 0010 I will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Teresa Paredes
Director of Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and it was wonderful in all aspects. Nice room with balcony and sea view. We ate at the hotel several times and it was always excellent. The breakfast buffet is fantastic.
The area (Marina) is very nice. If we go back to Puerto Vallarta we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a very nice beautiful place . we realy liked thier pool nice view nice clean beach.Great food at resturant facing the ocean...Nice friendly staff.Rooms are good but their ocean view room was partial ocean view where we were facing villas next door... overall very nice....
I have to give 5 stars to Gray line staff.......April 13-18,2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was put up at the Marriott for one night due to a mechanical issue and a cancelled flight.
I always stay in Zona Romantica in PV, so this was my first experience in the marina area.

The hotel was very nice. Beautiful ground and stellar service.

I was given room 7070 with nice view of ocean. The room was great. Great bedding, amazing bathroom with tub/shower. Spotless and definetely upscale. Slept great.

Couple of observations that I do have about his hotel is that it has NO Mexican feel at all. If you want an Americanized resort this place will be great for you. If you want to feel like you are in Mexico... you will be disappointed.

Also, the food costs at the hotel were VERY HIGH!!! Breakfast buffet for $285 pesos!! That is about $25 US for a buffet?????? wow.

I can't complain about my time here and think it's a great hotel. But, when I go to Mexico on vacation I want to go to Mexico... not a U.S. resort. Because of this, I would not choose to go back.

Room Tip: Apprears all rooms have balcony and at least partial ocean view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nice room in the main building on the 4th floor with balcony and seaview.
Warm and very friendly reception by the doorman and the reception.
Any malfunction in the room was solved within 5 minutes !
The swimming pool is nec plus ultra !

• Stayed April 2013
PHOENIX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I turned off the air conditioner and opened the doors and drapes, beautiful balcony with a wonderful view, put on internet radio listened to classical music and enjoyed the night air, woke up to a fantastic view, I went downstairs to get a breakfast to go and brought it back to my room and sat on the balcony and enjoyed the finest breakfast money could by with this wonderful view. The place is immaculate, the staff is so helpful the pool area is a pleasure. The lobster taco is mouthwatering life is good especially when you are there. A 5 minute walk to the marina area with lots of restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: ask for overlooking the pool side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sun Lakes, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Casa Magna numerous times either before or after we our stay at our timeshare in Nuevo Vallarta. The beach is just ok - small rocks and pebbles. Not a sandy beach like Nuevo. All other aspects of the hotel is first class.

The bus system is a block or so from the lobby and cab service is available for those that who prefer cabs over buses. The buses are very cheap and get you almost any wherein the area, including near by cities.

Room Tip: I prefer the North tower and overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!