“primo service, lovely rooms/restaurants and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Paseo La Marina Norte 435 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
tennessee
“primo service, lovely rooms/restaurants and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our 12th year...always welcomed as returning family...not "posh", but beds are "comfy", rooms clean...always friendly, happy service...nearby Marina a great place to find every kind of dining and lovely to walk the boardwalk in the evening. Casa's own restaurants have tasty, well served meals...breakfast buffet is huge...transportation to airport/town easy...we always take the bus right outside the grounds...the town has been revitalized and remodeled..we are very comfortable here...their pool is very clean

Room Tip: "garden rooms" look out to Bandaras Bay, can be a bit noisy if there is a corporate event...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Henderson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have only missed 1 year in the last 21 of visiting this wonderland and see some of the same couples from all over the US. So they must love it also.They even have most of the same employee's who are all wonderful.A beautiful city.Perfectly safe as we walk to all the the restaurants.We even watched whales free jumping one morning just outside our porch.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have great views of the ocean and city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just returned from a long weekend at the Marriott Casa Magna Puerto Vallarta. We had a fantastic time. The hotel is very good. But as I noted in the title, I'm giving it a conservative (not an effusive glowing) 4-stars. It's a solid performer and consistent with the Marriott brand, but nothing is going to blow you away. No complaints here! But nothing special either. But as a consistent (Platinum) Marriott traveler, I really value consistency.

Check-in was a breeze. Ocean Front room with an excellent view. Standard king room. Wireless internet worked well.

Service by the pool was very good during our stay. In fact, service overall at the Marriott was very good. No issues with the staff at all.

The rooms could use some updating. I agree with other reviews that it all looks a bit dated. That's probably what keeps this from a 5 star review.

For location: I prefer the Marina over any downtown location. You can get access to downtown PV with a quick bus or cab ride. But I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the Marina area.

Note: DO NOT book any airport transporation via Marriott/iSeatz. It's a complete ripoff, and I'm currently disputing those charges with AMEX.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I took a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, with a few friends in early January. We stayed at the Casa Magna for the duration of our stay, let me tell you, it was a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, eager to help, and spoke good English. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfy, and the overall vibe of the resort was a good one. This large resort, prominent on Banderas Bay, has plenty to offer for all personalities. The only downside to it was the price, the food and rooms were on the expensive side, and it was not an "all-inclusive" resort. The price was definitely worth it though, I had splendid time.

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for several days. I actually expected more!!! Being a Marriott there were s lot of expectations to fill. First of all, the hotel looks old. A little remodel will do!! The service in the pool area restaurant was extremely slow (and let me add that I didn't go there during high season). Also the waiter was sort of having a bad day and was very rude to us on one occasion. The japanese restaurant was also extremely slow. I went there for twice even though we were two different cooks, each time they took forever to start. Although they did put up with a good show. Finally, on our last night, we went to the champions bar and it was until next morning we realized they had charged us for drinks that were nit supposed to be charged. They fixed it, the next day, but if we hadn't realized before we left we would have been charged!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I fell in love at first site with this open air property and the ability to get a great view in almost every room. And oh the views in PVR... stunning. The hotel staff was always sure to please, very friendly and helpful. Because we had many people to meet with while we were there, we spent a lot of time in the Lobby Bar due to its relaxed atmosphere and spacious comfort. The gentle breezes flow throughout the main floor of this hotel and it's so refreshing. We enjoyed the balcony every morning with coffee from the deli on the main floor. We request rooms close to elevator, usually, so the deli was easy access. The pool is beautiful and large overlooking the beach... But if you wander to the beach area, plan to be constantly interrupted by vendors trying to sell their Mexican trinkets. Delightful at first, but not for long. We are going back again in few weeks, and look forward to returning to the Marriott, our consistent choice for home away from home. Enjoy!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lakeside, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We felt that this was a wonderful hotel, especially for what we paid, which I guess I'm not allowed to state. It's right on the bay with a beautiful beach, but also a fine large pool with a swim-up bar. The building(s) itself is very impressive, suggestive of much more expensive digs. We had an ocean-facing view from a decent-sized balcony, well-insulated from those of our neighbors. The room itself was smallish but adequate and very nicely furnished. Flat screen hi-def TV. The computer work area/desk accommodated two chairs and I particularly liked the fact that there was a bank of four electrical outlets at the area as well as a panel that connected through the wall to the TV, that would allow you to plug your computer, cameras, accessories, etc. into the wall without having to mess with the back of the TV. The bathroom was modern and immaculate, with the toilet in its own separate room. They folded a Kleenex into a rose (pic) and even folded the end of my toilet paper into a cute little triangle!

There was no microwave. The only refrigerator was the minibar and this was locked??? Just as well...I'm always getting charged for stuff I didn't consume. There was a coffee maker but no coffee and I had to ask for coffee twice before any arrived.

WiFi or internet was outrageously expensive. I forget exactly how much but something on the order of $20 or $30/day.

So let's talk about the restaurants. We ate on two consecutive nights at the Las Casitas, under a thatched roof looking right out onto the ocean. Both nights we had the lobster taco appetizer, which was basically a soft taco containing, among many delicious ingredients, a small lobster tail. The coconut shrimp appetizer was only so-so. My wife had the sea bass the first night and the tuna the second. She was particularly fond of the sea bass. I had the rib-eye steak the first night. It was a beautiful looking steak and quite large. However, it was overcooked and tough. Can't win them all. The second night I had the seafood linguini and it was good, not great. The desserts, including cheesecake and key lime pie came in little cups and were nothing special. No dessert the second time around. Service was terrific and the guy reacted like he had never received a 20% tip before.

Breakfast after checking out was at the Estancia, outside, overlooking the ocean but a little further from it than Las Casitas. They offered a buffett that was pretty upscale for about $25, similar to the ones you see at the better casinos in Vegas. Little islands with the chef cooking your omelet or waffles to order, etc. We ordered off the menu the Mexican omelet and the American breakfast with ham steak. Both were fine, but the "ham steak" was interesting. It was basically about four pieces of something that looked like Oscar Meyer lunchmeat rolled over and fried into a little mass (see pic). If I had been at Denny's, I would have sent it back but you probable don't want to antagonize these people. There were dozens of crows flying around helping themselves to leftovers when people got up and left. The waiters are apparently aware of this problem as they didn't waste much time emptying vacant tables.

Having said all of this, it was a very enjoyable stay we will undoubtedly go back. Just avoid the rib-eye steak and "ham steak", the desserts and the internet. BTW, you can get a can of Coke in their "deli" for about three bucks.

Room Tip: Spring for whatever extra it costs for the ocean view. I think it was about $20-30 more.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!