“hike worth the trek” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: If you are looking for isolation, try this beach to the south of Puerto Vallarta, only accessible by boat.
PV
“hike worth the trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We hiked from Boca to las Animas then hired a water taxi for the return trip. Hike is step at the beginning, but eventually levels off. The trail wanders along the coast climbing up and down. Don;t recall where we ate but the beer tasted good after the hike. It took approx. 2 hours

Delta, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Really grown over the years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The first time I went there were a few vendors and palapas..Now there are great beach restaurants and actual bathrooms. I had a fabulous mango margarita and great swimming beach.

Bellevue, Washington, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely beach and worth the hike from Boca!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My friends and I caught a bus in town to take us on the 40 minute or so ride to Boca. You can catch a water taxi from here to Las Animas...but we chose the more adventurous route and took the hike. It's a rather primative trail with some very steep inclines, swinging bridges, etc. But nothing too dangerous. Bring water because it gets hot in the jungle! It took us about 2 hours to get to Las Animas. But that did include a brief stop at a completely empty and secluded beach about half way there. Once we made it to Las Animas, we rewarded ourselves with several ice cold beers and some actually really good pizza. I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant...it was past the pier and toward the end. I remember our waiter was Rafael. We took a water taxi back to Boca, and easily caught a bus back to town..that particular bus ride was an adventure in itself!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“A great hike from Boca de Tomatlan to Las Animas is worth the effort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I hiked this, again, in mid February 2013. The single dirt and stone trail is well signed, and maintained, and the few wooden bridges have been upgraded. I'm 65 yrs old and about 25 pounds over weight and it takes me 1 hr 45 minutes every time I walk this. You can walk it in sport sandals, as I do, or jogging shoes. Be prepared for a bit of "up and down", but nothing dangerously steep. The coastal views through the trees are wonderful and the hike culminates on a great walk along the beach. You will be rewarded with wonderful views and ice cold drinks when you arrive at Las Animas. The water taxi trip back to Boca is 60 pesos. (more or less!)

Seattle WA
11 attraction reviews
“Away from the madding crowd.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Costs $20US for rd trip on water taxi, but if you go on a weekday it is not so crowded. Good services.

Visited January 2013