“This could be paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour

Attraction Details
Kelowna, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“This could be paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The whole trip was great but never having snorkeled before I was blown away by the number of fish and their colors. I even saw two Moray Eels! The crew are great and provide exceptional on board entertainment. A must do when in PV!

Rome
16 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just breath taking. Only wish we didn't have to go with Vallarta Adventure or other tour companies. It's worth the trip for the tropical flavor of it all.

Huntersville, North Carolina
“Rhythm of the Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

AMAZING!! We completely recommend this excursion. Dinner was great and the island lit up by candles at night was breath-taking. The shows was perfect too!

Coquitlam, Canada
“Our Wedding Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The beaches at Las Caletas are beautiful, the staff was great, the food was delicious and the boat ride over was great fun! A must see if you want a day trip that is close to Puerto Vallarta.

Seattle, Washington
“Do Not Miss This First Class Excursion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I pre-booked the day trip to Las Caletas online after reading Trip Advisor reviews for our group of five. And, WOW, I was not disappointed. We took the 8:30am sailing on 12/11 and the catamaran ride was entertaining and scenic. On the way out a kid nearby us got sick and threw up, so NOTE if you get sea sick please take dramamine before you go out. The ride home was much smoother (something to do with the wind/currents, I don't know).

When we arrived at the Las Caletas dock down on the very far south side of the bay, the staff were all standing at the ready on the property, waving in near unison. Colorful parrots circled us overhead - it was a very nice welcome. You arrive and they feed you some of the BEST food I had while I was in Mexico, light tortillas with beans, cheese and salsas. It sounds simple, but was very high quality. After that you have your pick of beach activities, such as snorkeling where they have staff out in the water with you pointing things out, or you can venture off on your own. One of the best snorkeling experiences I've ever had, lots to see just a few feet from the shore. There is also kayaking, paddle boarding and intertubes all available. I went on the nature hike, which sounds corny, but was actually quite awesome and not too long at all.

The lunch they provided was PHENOMENAL. Fresh seafood, everything else prepared very well. The only irritation was a bunch of bees hovering over the dessert area - wish they'd get a trap for them. The included drinks were all delicious, not too strong, not too weak. Staff very friendly and accomodating. My only regret is that I didn't take up the offer on the catamaran over to pay for the sealion experience. I've never heard of that elsewhere, and in such a private setting. The ride home was very entertaining, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll leave it at that. Overall this was a first class excursion and without a doubt the best day of our week long trip to Puerto Vallarta!