I read the reviews, and assumed the previous guest were just finicky. I assumed a Westin Resort could not be as bad as i had read in earlier reviews. I was wrong. I dont like being wrong.
Read the other reviews. THe good ones must come from someone whos past travel experience was limited to Motel 6 and La Quinta. Actually, i shouldnt tarnish the good name of La Quinta like that. They are better than the Westin Puerto Vallarta.
1. It should be noted that i am a Platinum Card holder with Starwood. I get upgraded, and the best of what is available. THis only makes my stay more disappointing....
2. Resort is TIRED, TIRED, TIRED. It doesnt need a renovation, it needed it 8 years ago! Light fixtures fall from ceilings a bit throughout, paint jobs are tired, furnishings are OLD.
3. Room 920 had a nice view, but inferior air conditioning. We were blessed with a free standing de-humidifier that sounded like a 747 during takeoff throughout the night. Best way to describe room climate: Muggy.
4. Horrible internet access. I am sitting in the lobby to write this, as i cant stay on the internet from my room. My access is gratis, but still.....could i have a service that works? Poor.
5. bugs in room
6. Towels throughout lobby to catch rain, as the ceiling leaks. We had rainstorms several days. Nice touch as you walk into the lobby.
7. Food? Dont do the all inclusive. NOT WORTH IT! Food is 'medium' at best. I dropped the food option before the end of my first day. Really awful.
8. Resort is 'chopped up' after separating from the Westin time shares a few years ago. Pools and property that was designed to be together...is now separated by a fence. Bad idea to sell.
9. Hotel offered me a choice of gift as i registered for being a Platinum Member. I picked a Tshirt. Was told it would be delivered to my room. Never came. Asked 2 days later...no shirts. Oh well. It was the thought that counts. :)
10. Did i say the place is tired? 1978 wants their furniture back!
11. Decided to stay a couple of extra days. Checked out of Westin a bit early. Couldnt take it anymore with so many better resorts for the same price on the beach.
So your homework.....
Believe the negative comments.....
PS: 2 good things: THe staff and the club on the 12th floor (beach club). The staff is great. Many of them have been here for years. They hear the complaints often.
The club on the 12th floor is nice. Nice food service, nice evening drinks. Standard Westin...perhaps a bit better. The negative comments here were wrong.
Neither are enough to keep me though.... :)
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First of all I would like to tell you that we are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay; please accept our apologies.
Your comments are very important to us to improve our facilities and be considered in our renovation program.
If you can send me an e-mail to Eduardo.firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number I will be happy to inform you about our plans to improve our facilities. If you can please let me know if you receive the tshirts before you left, if not we can send it via DHL.
Also, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Royal Beach services and that you had a good experience with our staff.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Our very best regards
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.